Guest viewing is limited

THR Friday 13th July

So sorry about your knee troubles @Bionic grl and @SurreyGirl. 3 months on and my right knee causes me more discomfort especially at night than my unoperated hip. I know from old Xrays neither knee is good but since having the op the knee on that side is fine. So I hope for all of our sakes the same will happen when no 2 is sorted.
Certainly keep ringing and stressing the need for a cancellation! Wish I'd done the same re no.1 but I certainly shall with no.2! Time to be pro active! Especially after going to Joint School last time and realising I was the most disabled one there! Me first now!
I haven't listened to the Archers since Nigel fell off the roof on New Year's Day! Too upsetting!
 
@SurreyGirl
Sorry to hear that you are also back on 2 crutches as well. It's so frustrating. Hope that torn muscle heals quickly. I think the problem, when we are recovering, is that we put extra pressure on the other joints and muscles so it's not surprising we have issues.
Just phoned GP and X-ray results aren't back yet. Got to phone again on Monday.
Once I see the OS in November and he confirms that the op does need to be done I will definitely tell them that I am up for a cancellation space should one come along.
 
Good for you! We will be following you on the Knee and the Hip thread! Working from home today - just done 4 hours worth with a short coffee break in the middle where I got up and walked about a bit. Using ice packs on my side hip and buttock. I must be very warm because the original iciness wears off quick! Took a codeine last night so now down to three. Tried Asprin this morning which seems to have helped but next dose will be Paracetemol… Not what I was hoping for, particularly as full-time work is looming but the way it goes! Hope you feel better soon @Bionic xx
 
Just had a course cancelled literally with one week to go… not happy but at least it means I won't be walking up a steep hill 2-3 times a day! Small things….
 
Absolutely… not good for work - but better for me…
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you've had a nice week.
Wishing you comfort with your knee and a peaceful weekend.
Hugs
@Bionic
 
Thanks @Layla
Was supposed to be going out to dinner this evening but storm Callum has flooded the road and it isnt passable.
We will have to resort to something for the freezer instead.
I hope your weekend is going better than mine
 
Aww, that's too bad. Sorry! Sounds like home may be the best place to be.
Hope you find something in the freezer you love.
Maybe candle light, soft music and a cocktail, if that's your thing, will make it all better.
Sounds good to me! :yes:
@Bionic
 
Sending you some warm cushy knee love to your hurting joint @Bionic. So sorry! The weather may be aggravating things worse as well and hopefully will subside some tomorrow. I feel guilty for having you do the one legged tap dance at my post op party. Feel better.
:flwrysmile:
 
Sorry to hear that Bionic. There are some incredible pictures of flooding coming in from Storm
Callum. Take care!
 
:wave:Wondering how your hip was faring and if your date for knee op has come about?
I am sorry you have to deal with pain still so I hope it is not to long of a wait!
Hope you have a good day today..yours might be waning but it is 7 am here on east coast of US:mcoffee:
 
Last edited:
@Mojo333
I really dont know how you do it. You have so much on your plate.

As for me, the hip is doing really well. I have no complaints at all. I see the OS tomorrow about whether he is going to do the other hip next or the knee. He was adamant originally that he will always do a hip before a knee but I think he might change his mind when he knows how bad the knee really is. fingers crossed

thanks for thinking of me
 
Certainly...please pop in on the way hipper side:heehee: and let us know what the plan is.
I can deal with my full plate much easier with two new hips!:chuckmarch:

Need to get some candy for All Hallows Eve, just thought of.
Daughter went as grim reaper to Halloween party and did her own makeup.
I was very impressed!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Friday 13th July
    rps20181031_075440.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 114
@Mojo333
Wow,your daughter looks fab.
Halloween is getting bigger here these days. Today, whilst the pumpkins are still around,I have taken the opportunity to make some pumpkin purée. I am going to freeze it, ready for the next op. Nothing like being prepared :-)
 
Hi :wave:
Good luck with your appt tomorrow. I know my mom needed both hip and knee done and her OS explained you need a strong hip to support the knee. Sometimes replacing / strengthening the hip eases the stress and pain on the knee. It's helped my mom, I do know that. Let us know how it goes.
Hope today is a good one!
@Bionic
 
Today, whilst the pumpkins are still around,I have taken the opportunity to make some pumpkin purée. I am going to freeze it, ready for the next op. Nothing like being prepared :)

By the time you get through the second recovery, you may never eat pumpkin pie again:heehee:
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
Looks like you're days away from Round Two. You know we'll be here cheering you on.
Wishing you comfort as you wait out these last few days.
Hug and best wishes.
@Bionic
 
:wave:@Bionic, just wanted to check in, wish you the very best in your LTHR, and second that a strong hips do support a wobbly knee :). You 2nd hip surgery is coming up on Saturday and it sounds, from reading your thread, like you have enough pumpkin puree stashed away! I forgot to do that, and despite taking stool softeners from day one, I have just asked DH to pick up prune juice while he is out!

Have you had any word on the knee x-rays?
Thinking of you and will be looking for you on the healing side :flwrysmile::yes!:
 
@Alitm,
Thanks for thinking of me. My concern at the moment is that for some unexplained reason my blood pressure has gone high. Taking extra BP tablets but dont know if I have enough time between now and Sat to get it down.

The knee x-ray shows it definitely needs doing which is good because its more painful than the hip. I am scheduled on the NHS for that and its likely to be around April time. That gives me time to recover from the hip.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom