THR Friday 13th July

Yay for no more TEDS! They're awful.
I was anxious to get the okay to drive myself. Once the OS released me to drive, it took me several more days to get behind the wheel. In the end I think it was just the idea that I couldn't drive that made me want to more than anything. You'll be driving soon enough.
Hope you have a nice weekend!
@Bionic
 
Reading back it is interesting about the perceived advantages of sleeping on ones back. My friends are saying I look pretty good too! I am not used to receiving compliments from them. Convinced it is a combination of the wonderful recovery home, not having to worry about work, sleeping on my back and breathing better plus (of course still on meds) relatively pain free for the first time in years. I had to wait a very long time for this op and looking back now, far too long.

Still sleeping in stages rather than through the night but much better than I had expected. Will coming off the codeine and morphine make a difference to this? Hope I haven’t Hijacjed this thread either but really enjoying following your posts.
 
@SurreyGirl
No problem about hijacking the thread. It's interesting to know how others are getting on and very surprisingly how many others are in a similar position. There are more new hips and knees around than I realised.

Slept a bit better last night without my Teds so onwards and upwards
 
Lost my TEDS in the washing machine on day 7...oops!:blush:
Took my aspirin, moved about, and did ankle pumps.
Yay for no compression stockings!
Onward:tada:
 
5.5 weeks since the op and I started sleeping on my un-operated side about a week ago with lots of pillows between my knees so that I couldn't roll over.
Last night woke up at 4am and just couldn't get comfortable no matter which way i lay.

So decided to try something new. My operated side is too sore to lay on (OS said because of the number of ops I had already had around the same area, 5, albeit years ago, the site would likely be sore for quite a time), anyway I rolled over to the sore bit and then sort of lifted myself up and over so that I didn't lay on the sore bit and ended up sleeping on my front. It worked and I haven't done any damage. So guess what I will be doing again tonight :-)
 
Forgot to tell you a funny story.
I haven't been walking particularly well around the house. Husband says I drag the operated leg a bit but when I go out I do much better. The outdoor shoes seem to be easier to walk in.

Just realised the slippers have a half inch heel lift in them as my operated leg used to be half an inch shorter which the OS corrected during surgery. So I have gone from being half an inch shorter to half an inch longer with the heel lift......Ooops

Corrected now and indoor walking seems much better :-)
 
Ha ha! That made me laugh. Glad you discovered the problem x
 
My new hip is now 6 weeks old today and OS said I can now drive Yipeeeeeee

It's like a monsoon out there though so I'm not going out anywhere
 
@Bionic May I suggest that when you drive, don't drive too much in one day. I was so excited I drove more than I should and ended up with pain/soreness in my leg. (Right hip pushed gas pedal!). Congrats on good OS report
 
Good news being cleared to drive. I've been driving since 3 weeks & my hip was replaced 4 days after yours. I was fine driving all the way to NJ shore (2 hrs) day 23. I overdid it with too much walking to get to the beach. Take it slow whoever you drive to.
 
My new hip is now 6 weeks old today and OS said I can now drive Yipeeeeeee

It's like a monsoon out there
Though so I'm not going out anywhere
:heehee: don't that just figure?
Nope, sit tight there Bionic.

Hope your weekend clears up!
 
Happy Six Week Anniversary!
Congrats on getting released to drive.
Practice somewhere before you hit the busy roads to make sure you're comfortable hitting the brake.
Stay safe :driver: and have a great weekend!
@Bionic
 
Wonderful news! It does normally get better and better.
Don't let any setbacks from over activity scare you, should they happen.
May it only get better! A great weekend to you.
@Bionic
 
:sleep: glorious consecutive hours of restorative sleep.:yes!:
I'm jealous...took me a bit longer to get to that point.
Glad you are doing well...
Hope your Sunday is Sweet!:happydance:
 
@Bionic you give me hope! Sleeping in a bed is the last thing on my to do list for stage 1 of recovery! Tuesday is my 6 weeks!

Keep up the good work!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom