THR Friday 13th July

@Bionic the advice here is solid. Just take it slow and cautious. I was told my restrictions were for life. Yeah, that’s not realistic. So the last 3 or so weeks I’ve gotten on the floor (and up) w hubby nearby to start. Now it’s no issue. Bent way more than 90 degrees etc. my PT said that doing one motion won’t dislocate it, but if you do 2 ar same time (bend over and ivory hip inward) the risk is higher. I do still find myself touching counters or furniture when making a sharp turn. Why IDK, just still cautious I guess.

My Mantra recently is ‘I’ve gotten this far, let’s not screw it up now!’

Sorry your knee is taking the shine off the new hip. One step at a time I guess.

Have a great weekend.
 
Bummer about the knee pain, @Bionic. I wonder what the X-rays will show. I think you just have to keep moving ahead and trying, as much as possible, not to get discouraged. I had knee twinges on my right knee before surgery but, thankfully, those have no resurfaced since surgery. I am choosing to believe that they were being caused by a bad hip and not real knee problems. Good luck!
 
@Bionic

My Mantra recently is ‘I’ve gotten this far, let’s not screw it up now!’

Have a great weekend.

@Bchbum4evr ,

That's my mantra too. So far, so good.... I started out slow, like ketchup , then it was less slow, like syrup. I've decided on my anniversary day of week 12 (next Wednesday!) I will ramp it up to somewhat faster, like milk, and at week 16, fizzy water will be the pouring analogy of choice. On week 24, it will be Fast, like three cups of strong coffee travelling through your system first thing in the morning-- run! run!! ( record breaking speed to the loo.)
 
So sorry about the knee @Bionic, and surprised you have to wait so long for an X-ray? A week or so?! Seems strange. Maybe it's the way it's done there. I so empathize with wanting to have a spotlight on the recovering new hip and all the healing it represents and having some other joint as the too loud too angry spoiler joint. It casts a real shadow on any celebratory mood for the hip recovering. Interesting also that your Dr said arthritis in knee before seeing X-ray. Let us know what you find out and in the meantime, agree with everyone else..your body will advise you in good time about anything it finds excessive
 
Hate to hear you have to wait for news on your knee @Bionic !
Will be wishing all will be revealed AND resolved.
Sending healing hugs!:roseshwr:
 
@Mojo333
Thanks for the good wishes. Apart from the pain I just feel a bit is at I have been robbed at the moment. The hip is beginning to feel so good and I can't capitalise on it. :-(
 
I can just imagine your frustration!
Like...now what!?:hairpulling:
Hang in there...try not to let that knee cause you to fall for goodness sake!
You have lots of well-wishes AND good mojo coming your way.
Not just from yours truly...many on the forum are rooting for you!
:yay::yay::yay:
 
Hi Bionic, let us know your knee. It must be very frustrating. Glad your hip is good though.

My right knee plays up when going downstairs or getting up from a low chair. back in January it was causing a lot of pain after a long flight, I got checked for dvt but the doctor used ultrasound and said “early arthritis”. My heart sank!

Concentrating on sorting out my new hip first and will then see re knee. If the NHS make me wait ages again (ie two years plus) it is probably time to hit my savings and go private. Ho hum.

Lovely sunny day here so after catching up with “The Archers!” Off for a walk.

Did you enjoy “The Bodyguard” Finale?!!
 
hi @SurreyGirl
Bodyguard finale was great. might even watch the series again on catchup.

The knee is very frustrating but I am optimistic. When I had all the OA hip pain I thought I would never feel 'normal' again but the hip has been so good and I am hopeful that eventually the same can be done for the knee.

Its a lovely day here too but I am staying in and making some lemon curd. I can do most of that sitting down :loll:
 
Hi there! Yes I still sit down to do food prep!

I hope you don’t mind but just sent you a pm as not directly related to hippie stuff but your comment about Bournemouth interested me!

Hoping that more exercise and losing some weight will help with the knee!
 
Back later. Shower and The Archers beckoning.

I am going to try a bath next weekend. Thanks for your previous advice Re this x
 
Just used the exercise bike for the first time since the op. Only did 20 mins with no resistance to see how it goes. So far I'm feeling good and even my bad knee co-operated.
Fingers crossed I don't have any repercussions later.
 
I hope you don't suffer later also. Consider icing preventatively.
Too bad about the knee. What a way to damper a recovery.
I hope you have a good week!
@Bionic
 
:hi: Almost to your 3 month mark...and doing well!
Wishing all to keep getting better and better.
By Christmas, you will be Golden!:curtsey:
 
Thanks @Mojo333
I am really pleased with the hip but am back on 2 crutches when I go out because of the knee :-(
 
:blackcloud:That knee really needs to get with the program!
What are we doing with that?
Haven't been keeping up the last weeks as I have elderly parents who have had alot of issues as of late.
 
@Mojo333
Sorry to hear about your parents. I know that can really be a tough time and you cope with all of us too :)

My GP sent me for a knee X-ray last week, going to see if the results are back today but think it might be too soon. I have a consultation with the OS on 1st Nov (same one who did my hip so feel confident with him).
Unlike the hip, which I paid for privately, anything on the knee will be NHS. OS put me on his NHS list back in June but his list is about a year long. Don't think my Nov consultation will be able to change that unfortunately.
 
Last edited:
I'm sorry for the struggle. So aggravating I'm sure.
You can only have one thing fall apart at a time...:)
Baby it and I'll be sending good mojo your way for a solution!:roseshwr:
 
Hope you get an earlier date. A friend of mine told the NHS she was happier to go in earlier if there was a cancellation and politely called them every two weeks. I think she was lucky and ended up waiting 4 months.

I totally blame the time I spent waiting for the hip op on the state of my right knee which does have arthritis and sometimes locks up. However concentrating on hip at the moment. Back in two crutches outside as well for now due to, I think, a torn muscle. Two steps forward one step back.
 
Back
Top Bottom