TKR Five months post tkr and still have problems

Your issue doesn't seem minor to me in the least. Were you able to speak to the doctor this afternoon?
 
Wow, I hope you hear something soon. That is sapping all your energy, but I'm glad to hear the knee is feeling better.
 
Yes, the dr called. Most of the lab tests were ok. No c diff which I thank God for. One test was elevated which either indicates a stomach infection, pancreas issue. I have some meds to take and eat a high starch low fat diet. If no improvement she will send me for X-rays to rule out an obstruction.

Thanks for your concerns. I truly appreciate it.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ruling out c-diff is a good thing! :thumb: But you do need to know what's causing this so you can feel well. Hope you are feeling better soon.
 
Thanks so much. I am trying hard to be grateful that after almost nine weeks my knee is doing so much better. I'd really like to start out patient pt, but, until this diarrhea issue is resolved I'm hesitant to go any where. My dr seems to think it's either a stomach infection or obstruction. If the high starch diet and meds don't help by the middle of next week a X-ray will be next. I can't remember the name of the lab that came back elevated, but it can also be a problem with the pancreas. It's so frustrating to eat and have it go right through a few hours later. Good new U.S. I've lost 24 lbs, bad new not the best way to do it
lol

Have a great night


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Was it some type of pancreatic enzyme or peptide?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It was a lab test called lipase which was elevated. Still have bad diarrhea even though watching diet. Suppose to contact dr next week if no improvement with the meds. I actually feel worse today. Trying to drink lots of fluids. Energy is non existent. This has been almost nine days


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I hope you're feeling better and able to keep something in you. I wonder if Pedialite would be a good idea if you're still feeling nauseous.
 
Tx karriB
Yesterday was best day tummy wise in over two weeks. No diarrhea. However this morning it made a brief return. I'm hoping the end of this intestinal issue is near. I feel much better, energy level is better, not sleeping as much. All good signs. Still sticking to a low/ no fat diet which is rather boring. Lol

My knee bothers at times. Sleeping in my bed is not very comfortable and I do a Lo of tossing and turning and positioning of pillows. Over all I'd say I'm doing fair. It would help if I can get to out patient pt, I've cancelled 3 visits because my tummy issue.
My tkr recovery has greatly benefited from the kind folks on this site sharing their experience, ups and downs. Thanks to everyone that posts




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better and hope it continues. Sleep was difficult for about 4 weeks and even then I didn't get a whole night of sleep for a few months. I am a slide sleeper and found a way to adjust me leg over the TKR and vice a versa. Tylenol PM also helped me get back into the rhythm of sleep.
 
I'm at nine weeks and know from reading others remarks that I'm really very lucky in my recovery. I also take Tylenol pm which helps for 4-6 hours. I frequently move to the recliner around 4am and get another hour of sleep. I try to nap in the afternoon when my husband does, but think I sleep better at night with no nap

The home care team had told me they think the initial recovery is 14 weeks. I know the discomfort, fatigue and other issues will continue to improve.
I pray for each of you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thought my tummy issues were resolved. Seem to have more energy and over all feel better. But by mid morning the diarrhea was back. It's so discouraging to deal with the knee recovery issues (not terrible, just pain and sleeping issues) and also deal with digestive problems. Trying to do what the dr said. Take probiotic, eat low fat high starch meals.

As I read many posts I realize I have much to be grateful for. I truly try not to complain, but this (whatever it is) issue has been going on for two weeks. Wt loss is at about 24 lbs now.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Please make sure you are staying hydrated.
 
Really wish your doc had an answer for you. Have you called a gastroenterologist?
 
Thank you kneeper, I am working hard on staying hydrated. About four years ago I had diarrhea, stood up and passed out cold. Scared my husband. Ended up in the hospital for three days. That sure thought me a lesson.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Karrie, tx for the suggestion. I'm sure that's what my dr will recommend on Monday. This is way too long and I'm afraid to leave the house for fear I'll have an episode


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I wonder if it could be anything to do with a medication you're taking. That would make it easier to solve.
 
I do take 800 mg of ibprofen 3x a day and have for a long time. Maybe that's it. Yesterday was good. No episodes. Today I got groceries and had a hair cut. As I was paying for the cut my tummy started twisting and when I got home diarrhea x2. I have a call into my dr.

Because I've not felt well I've not done any of the exercises or started out patient therapy. As a result, my knee seems to be bothering me more and more. I do have a therapy visit for Friday.
I'm so discouraged. Between the knee pain and three weeks of diarrhea it's getting me down. At almost eleven weeks post tkr I had hoped to have less pain and more rom

Sorry to vent


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom