TKR Five months post tkr and still have problems

[Bonesmart.org] Five months post tkr and still have problems
 
thanks. Seeing it makes sense, as the outside of my hip hurts as well as the outside of my knee.
 
@Blueslady I use an iPad all the time for bonesmart correspondence, the bookmark button is the very right hand side one below the last message. It should appear below my message when you get it. Hope this helps. I am still having problems with tight muscles 8 months after one knee and 15 months after the other, because I lost an awful lot of weight after knee 2. You are not the only one.
I looked as you suggested and did not find the book mark. Thank you for your help and for letting me I'm not the only one having problems with the tight band feeling.
 
As you stretch, as you ice, and as you slowly---ever-so-slowly regain strength in your leg, the IT Band issues should subside. Be patient; these can take some time to subside, but they will disappear.
 
Lots of pain in my hip and it band. I can understand why some people with arthritis don't exercise, it hurts. I have been doing it band and hip bursitis exercise last few days, and I'm one big hurt.

Having said that, I count my blessings every day. It could be so much worse.

Asking for prayers for my husband who has been having fluid build up in his ear lobe. Multiple surgeries, biopsies and cultures have provided no answers. He spent four days in the hospital last month and it's just as bad now. Thursday they are doing aggressive surgery under general anesthesia to get a good look inside the lobe. They will then suture in a pressure dressing to try to prevent the fluid from returning. Thanks in advance


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I think that if you make an appt with an OS they will offer you a cortisone shot in your hip bursa. I did that and the pain went away almost immediately.
 
Saying a prayer for your husband .
Hope he is better and wish you speedy recovery .


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ski girl. Thanks for the suggestion. I've had multiple injections in my hip and perhaps it's time for another one.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Tammy thanks for the prayers. He has had lung cancer twice with parts of both lungs removed. He's had chest radiation and Brian radiation which has given him lots of cognitive issues. Now he's been dealing with fluid in his ear lobe. Another surgery is scheduled for Thursday. It would be much easier to deal with if I didn't have pain in my knee, hip and shoulder. But I know others have much bigger pain and trouble. I try to count my blessings, some days are harder than others. This site and the wonderful people make things brighter



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Def count your blessings my husband passed away 3 years ago from unexpected stroke.
He was amazing guy :)
Hope your having a great day today.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Tammy I am so sorry about your husband. I try every day to realize that God has given me much longer with him then many women get. You sound like a woman of faith, but it still must have been so hard. Thank you for sharing, it's people like you sharing their life here that keeps me coming back

May god bless you


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks hope your doing ok :)
It's a long road to recovery as I am finding out. Each day is a blessing.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom