TKR Fire wolf recovery<

Marie, you crouched down!!! Wow I must say I'm jealous. I just want to do that sometime this next year. I haven't been able to squat since high school so I don't know if it's in the stars for me. It sounds like things are going really well for you!:roseshwr:
 
I feel as if I just went back in time 2 months :bawl: Can't get comfortable to sleep. Spence hurts, quad hurts, and I dud nothing but baby him all weekend. :scratch: Frustrating for sure, hoping this curve in recovery straightens back out again soon! :beg:
 
Nellie is sending Spence some lovin! Apparently he is being rebellious like a petulant child. Nellie understands because she is acting out tonight as well (2:00 am) Hopefully we can reign them in. We don't want to deal with this :censored: all week.
Frustrating and tiresome........let's get this recovery on the road again!
 
Boo,hiss! Sorry to hear about all the pain and discomfort. I can't sleep,but what else is new? FW, you and Bionic Spence are doing so well. I hope this is a minor setback. It's still a big pain in the patootie--er, leg.
 
Drat! I hope you don't have that 2 hour drive today? More later...0ff to pt


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Is Spence feeling better this morning? Are you in less pain? These setbacks really bite, and it would be lovely if they would just stop popping up. You and Spence can do things I only dream of at this point - or is it that Spence is doing too much? Some knees can't make up their minds about how far along they are in healing. :bawl:
 
@Pheebs52 only a 1 hour one way commute today.
@SusieShoes not feeling much better today. Was actually up alot last night as I kept getting what seemed like cramps in my quad, but only on inside portion. :shrug: I hadn't thought Spence was doing too much, but it is possible that everything just caught up to him, or I aggravated things by trying to "massage" it out most of the day on Friday. :scratch: Needless to say, none of this will be stopping Spence!
 
Oh, is that all @Fire wolf, just a measly 2 hours total in the car today with a moody Spence? And then just an 8 hour work day, right? Yeah. I hope there was no crouching or stair-skipping involved today? Join me, for a recliner and an ice-blankie, the purrfect way to end a day.....ugh!
 
That "inside portion" is such a trouble-maker. Sometimes I just want to excise it and be done with it. Sending healing vibes your way! Come on, Spence, catch!
 
Ditto on the troublesome *inside portion*; pffft! Excision does seem like a good option from time to time...
 
@Pheebs52 yes, you summed it up well! A pretty light day for Spence! :rotfl: No crouching, skipping, or anything today. Tomorrow on the other hand will require more physical activity as people need to learn how to escape from volatile and aggressive clients. :tantrum2:
@Polkadot I am cool with the idea of excision, but I appreciate the healing vibes! The inside area of Spence hurt today and yesterday along with the quad area. No rhyme or reason it seems.:chinstroke: I am hoping that it doesn't take too much longer to settle down.
I will definitely be hopping aboard the frozen express tonight :ice: and hang onto the mysterious and elusive *someday it will get better*!:fingersx:
 
@Fire wolf, thinking of you and Spence and hoping he manages to consider his movements very carefully today. Good form and all that rot rule, right? If not, and he gets too rowdy, we'll be here with the ice-blanket and pillows waiting for your arrival. There may also be a cocktail shaker at the ready.:martini:
 
@Pheebs52 Spence did mind himself today, thankfully! I can't handle any more setbacks, at least not until I recover from this last one. :groan: Pain and swelling have decreased, though not gone completely. I am not even sure at this point that either will ever go away completely. :sigh: I just haven't been able to ice and elevate as much as I have probably needed to since returning to work.:banghead: Needless to say, I will be snuggling up with the ice packs tonight again. :sad: Still taking Tylenol daily as well, which is also frustrating as I was able to get along without it a couple of weeks ago.:hairpulling: So it seems that I will still qualify for my very own med cart when I get to the *home*!:yes!: I really shouldn't complain too much, as my *problems* with Bionic Spence seem so trivial when I see the struggles many are dealing with. So I think that I will just use that cocktail shaker to mix my chocolate milk tonight and continue bonding with ice pack!:cheers2::friends:
 
Hmmm, returning to work seems to throw such a curve ball into so many recoveries, doesn't it? You're job is just so kneeactive, much more so than most I think.

I hope and actually believe, you're 100% wrong about swelling and pain never evaporating....that just doesn't bear dwelling upon. Unacceptable! Don't go there, ok? :no-fin:

Just cuddle up with the ice-blanket, Spence (if he's in the mood, if not, just throw him in bed) and your chocolate milk, along with a good book or show that has absolutely nothing to do with knees. I think most entertainment falls into that category.:yahoo:

I don't mind taking Tylenol, but that's probably because I need 49 other medications as well, lol. Tylenol is definitely one of the more benign. I just wish I didn't kneed it, but...I do, and so do you. It could always be worse, eh?
 
Spence, I told you before to behave! You have to give @Fire wolf a break. She has been good to you, so it's about time you were really good to her. Stop acting up like an irascible infant. It's time to grow up and take responsibility for yourself. At least, that's what Lil Cyborg tells ME! I'll be watching you. Your friend, Bob:spin:
 
To anyone out there who is getting too focused on the *numbers*, my advice would be to stop that. My ROM is 0°-143°, and you know what, it means nothing at this point! I still have swelling, I still have pain, which is mostly along the inside of my thigh and knee, so clearly the numbers aren't indicative of much at this point, at least in my opinion.

I'm frustrated that I am still dealing with these issues. To be honest, there is a part of me that wants to say "the heck with everything, I might as well just do things that I want/enjoy, like playing sports, because I have pain and swelling anyway, and at least if I was doing those things I would have something to blame it on." I haven't actually crossed the line from turning that thought into action, but I do have the thought more frequently these days.

Yes, my gait is fine, as people seem to have the need to comment on this frequently when I am at work, and I would love for them to deal with Spence for a day and then tell me how *great* I am doing. But I try to be polite and just let them know that in spite of appearances Spence is still healing, swollen and creating pain. So I find myself trying to limit my time around people as much as I can. I am introverted and have a tendency to keep to myself in general, but I am getting close to crossing the *hermit* line that @kmak81230 talked about. I know that doing so would likely be even more detrimental to my overall well being and health, but not sure if I care right now.

Yes, I know that a positive attitude is important, and that @Pheebs52 is right about not dwelling on such things, but I am *positive* that this :censored: ! Maybe it's the weather, or the fact that I have been having more migraines recently (most of which have been triggered by changes in barometric pressure), or the fact that I am just plain tired/exhausted most of the time in spite of the narcolepsy meds, or maybe it's just Spence that has got me to this place. I'm not sure it even matters. Will my mood improve? Yes, maybe later today, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, but it will happen at some point.

@Lil Cyborg, I appreciate Bob's attempts to get Spence on board with things! I hope that Bob is behaving better for you than Spence is for me!
 
I can relate to not wanting to see people right now, too, because I am not improving at the pace they are.

I live in a 55+ community so there have been many tkr's before (and 2 after) me and even they don't understand. They believe in PT cures everything route.

I am not up to snuff in their eyes.

It's frustrating.
 
@Jockette I can imagine that is very frustrating for you. I an sorry that you are having to experience that during a recovery that is difficult enough on it's own! I have a different issue in the fact that I am in my 40's and have always been active, so people tend to assume that I will recover more quickly because of those things. I admit that prior to the surgery I thought the same thing, as this was certainly not my 1st rehab. What I didn't know is that this is unlike any other injury or orthopaedic surgery that I have had in the past. I have also been gaining weight, not alot, but enough to make me uncomfortable, which I know is because of my reduced activity levels. Of course this does not help my outlook at this point.
 
Yes, this recovery is difficult enough all on its own, even if everyone understood, or we ourselves had accurate expectations about our recovery.

I guess it will make us better encouragers to those dealing with knee replacements in the future.

Thankfully here on bonesmart we have the support we need and others in different stages and levels of recovery and no one judges us here!

I'm sorry that you are having a difficult time right now, your posts have always encouraged me. But we all have our ups and downs, no matter what we do in life. Hopefully an "up" is just around the corner again for you!

I actually had an "up" the other day, my chiropractor did some kind of muscle release behind my knee on Tuesday and I literally walked out of the room with a much freer feel to my knee! It was the first actual sign of improvement since I hurt myself at our friend's house in July. I was so excited! It doesn't feel quite as free today as it did then, but there's definitely an improvement. It will probably take a few more times before it stays where she puts it.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom