THR Finally On The Recovery Side

Today is day ten....I had a headache and stomach ache. I just slept most of the day. I had no appetite, I just had a boost energy drink for lunch. later, I felt a little better so I had a sandwich. My swelling is better, and its less difficult to walk with.my Walker.
I see the PT tomorrow at noon virtually. Till then will.be icing and elevating.
 
Sounds good ... Your appetite will return.
 
Day 11. A non eventful day. Swelling went down a little bit. My sister.brought over lunch and cleaned up a bit which was nice because I would never ask. Head feels better. I tied to sleep on the bed again but woke in the middle of the night aching so I went and slept on the recliner.
My virtual PT session was today at noon. She wants me to walk at least 3 minutes every hour and do the backward knee bends which I think I can do.
I don't want to do too much due to that cut tendon in.my groin. I want that to heal before I push on any other exercises.
 
It seems your sister has been a lot of help, which I’m sure you appreciate. Sorry you’re feeling restless overnight. Moving from one place to another in the middle of the night happens for many that have the option it seems. Thankfully it’s only temporary. Hopefully the combo of moving every hour along with icing and elevating help ease more of the swelling and resulting stiffness. May today be a good one! :SUNsmile:
@Mersada
 
Day 12. Napped most of the day. Another sister brought me a home cooked dinner. Swelling is a bit better. Icing as much as I can. Slack a little on the exercises. Waiting on the healing of that inner thigh tendon. That is what is giving me the most discomfort walking. Back to the ankle pumps.
 
Day 13--more napping. Some swelling went down. Have pain only when getting up, sitting down and walking. I don't know how they want me to walk three minutes, a walk to kitchen and bathroom is still exhausting. My hip is still very stiff and I carry a lot of tension there. I carried tension in my hip even before surgery.

Hope you're all.having a good week.
 
Today is day ten....I had a headache and stomach ache. I just slept most of the day. I had no appetite, I just had a boost energy drink for lunch. later, I felt a little better so I had a sandwich. My swelling is better, and its less difficult to walk with.my Walker.
I see the PT tomorrow at noon virtually. Till then will.be icing and elevating.
Hope you are feeling better with each day. Patience is definitely needed during this up and down process. I am also finding the swelling in the back of my leg making my walking with a walker more difficult.
 
Sounds like you are progressing. Good for you.
Slowly but surely. Can't wait till the butt (probably hip) pain is gone when I try to rise or lift my leg and of course walk.

Just read your thread. You are progressing even better.
 
Hi, my hippy pal.:) :-) (:
These first weeks are indeed tough.
I didn't really need someone to tell me how tough prior to surgery, but it is just something to get through and thankfully this surgery trauma does heal, and a great life awaits.
Healing mojo coming your way.
 
Slowly but surely. Can't wait till the butt (probably hip) pain is gone when I try to rise or lift my leg and of course walk.
@Mersada its magical when the butt pain goes away. I can’t remember exactly which week it went away for me but moving around gets much better once that happens.
 
Day14--I just had my virtual PT appt. The therapist has an issue with me being on the recliner too much. She want s me to spend more time on the bed or rent another hip chair to sit on. I was
Like is she kidding me that was the purpose of me buying a recliner to begin with. I am not renting another chair to bring into this tiny apartment.

I have a difficult time getting in and put of the bed and not that comfortable laying down even with the foot raised. I am having a sharp pain when tense up to get up or walk. I guess its semi log leg. To painful to move the leg on its own. when tensing up the muscle I get sharp pains. The nurse practitioner just left me a message I will see what she has to say.

PT annoyed me today.
 
The therapist has an issue with me being on the recliner too much. She wants me to spend more time on the bed or rent another hip chair to sit on. I was
Like is she kidding me that was the purpose of me buying a recliner to begin with. I am not renting another chair to bring into this tiny apartment.
Well, the PT has a problem, but I don't think that you do. Did she have a specific reason for wanting you to spend less time in the recliner?

Keep doing things the way you are.
 
@Celle

I don't know how she made the determination that the recliner isn't good. She is evaluating remotely. The recliner has multiple positions and I'm comfortable in it. I think she wants me to change position s more which is what a recliner does.

She wants a family member to be here for our session on Sunday so they could hold the camera up to see how I get in and out of bed. I have some trouble with that since having sharp pains in the glut muscles when I tense them up to try to move.

I spoke to the nurse practitioner who told me to hold back on exercising the glut muscles that may be healing right now. She also wanted a pic of my scar. I wasn't able to give her a clear shot. They kept coming out blurry. The PT thought my scar was a little yellow ish. I think its from the iodine they put on. I have to get a family member to take a pic tomorrow. She also.wants.me to take my pain meds on schedule which I have not been doing because sitting I have no pain so.I forget.

All in all this virtual stuff is for the birds lol. And the recliner stays as my comfy recovery spot. The PT may be the one I get rid of lol

Now let me lurk and see how my partners in recovery are doing.
 
It seems weird to me that they are doing virtual PT. I am getting a home visit twice a week. She has really helped me. Too bad you seem to have a dud. LOL
 
I think because of my complications I didn't need much exercises till my muscles healed like the np said today. I chose virtual PT because my little dogs get excited when a stranger comes in. One of them pees some time s from excitement. I didn't want to have to deal with it. There will be plenty of time for outpatient PT I found the one I will be using is ten short blocks from my home. Once I'm cleared to drive and no longer have precautions, I will make an appt there. I have my tendon in the inner thigh and my glut muscles that have to heal. After sunday , I may just drop this PT. She seems useless really.

Glad you are having a positive experience yours. What are you focussing on?
 
Back
Top Bottom