Guest viewing is limited

THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Cindy what welcome news! Have been dying to hear from you and, like the others, searching and stalking BS for an update. Absolutely thrilled that you sound so upbeat and things went so smoothly. After all your false starts you must give yourself a big pat on the back now and reap the rewards of your tenacity. You've worked at this for quite a while and faced your fears so finally reaching your goal is a tremendous achievement. You are a special role model for me in particular. As everyone else is telling, you just take it easy but follow all those well honed instructions from our BS Angels then all will move steadily along this wonderful route to a new life. Looking forward to reading all the details xxx
 
@Cynthia777 yes you are now officially a superwoman!:wowspring::wowspring:so happy all went well! Look at you walking and going home. Hugs, good poops, and happy prayers for you. Meet ya at the pool later! Hugs!
 
@Cynthia777- Congrats on a wonderful start to your official recovery! So happy it went well. Enjoy being in "la la land" and don't worry about posting until you're ready. We're all very happy to see you on the other side! :loveshwr:
 
@Cynthia777 , great to see your post.........wishing you all the best for your transition home. Sounds like you are in loving care....be patient and rest! See you soon!!!!,:wowspring::flwrysmile::yay:
 
Below is what I was ready to send until the nurse came into my room as I was readying myself for departure...

Heading home today! They say I'm the model hip replacement patient (although I have only slept an hour and a half since surgery)! Got in and out of the hospital bed without a leg lifter. Never had one ounce of nausea (and I had general), just had the most beautiful (if you can call it that) BM....YES! My pain level at rest is 0 to 1 and while walking, maybe a 2 and 1/2 and have zero bruising and I can't see any swelling (so far). Two X-ray techs came in and asked if I remembered them from yesterday and I said no. They told me that they have never seen a hip replacement patient move around as easily as I did. Told me they were stunned at how I moved up and down and left and right with such ease (too bad I can't remember it). I'm praying this is not the calm before the storm! I'm not going to tell everyone how easy it's been, just in case it goes downhill from here

BUT.....Then the nurse came in and said she was sorry, but my PCP wants me to stay another night because my wbc was at 19,000 (normal is usually up to 11,200). The nurse said it's pretty normal for your wbc to go up after surgery, but mine is really high, so they want to make sure I don't have an infection anywhere.

Feeling :blackcloud:but, hanging in there! :-)
 
I understand your frustration at having to stay an extra night. My blood count was low, I needed a transfusion and had to stay an extra night. :sad:
I was so ready to go home, what a let down that was. Spent the night and went home the next day. :elevate:
Very happy to hear how well you are doing otherwise.
 
I've been lurking around here and just feeling all the love from all these Bone smarties posting for you that I never did one myself!!! :rofsign:

It sounds like you're doing wonderfully (aside from this WBC thing, which I'll be praying is nothing). So very happy that surgery went well. Sending my sparkliest, most wonderful recovery vibes your way!:loveshwr:
 
Huggles, Friend. This too shall pass. How awesome that you've been such a stellar THR patient! That rocks. :)
It's better safe than sorry where the wbc stuff goes. After my second surgery my temperature was elevated all the first night and that worried me. It resolved the next morning though. Ya gotta have some drama for when you tell your THR stories. :wink:
Sending good thoughts that you'll be headed home soon. :flwrysmile:
 
Isnt it awesome that they found this out tho .......thus possibly averting a bigger problem down the road....:umm:
I know it's frustrating....my RBC was too low so had a similar postponement. My loopy brain at the time was
Annoyed.......but my husband and kids were soooo relieved that this was caught so they did not have another detail to worry about on the home care side. Hope your last night is full of healing , rest and all the help you need ....
 
Thanks guys for being there for me! Like I've always said, "I just love my BS FAMILY"!!!!
They have loaded me up with antibiotics and I'm having a CT Scan to make sure I don't have a blood clot. A lung specialist is going to see me after the CT Scan. Doc said it is possible tha I may have aspirated a little bit while under the general, which can cause pneumonia. Crazy how it all changed in the flash of a moment! But you know what? I'm placing it in my Father's hands, so I'm doing A-okay! :angel:
 
I'm placing it in my Father's hands, so I'm doing A-okay! :angel:

That's the best place for your faith to be. :) It sounds like you have terrific docs who are proceeding with an abundance of caution and that's a really good thing. I'd much rather have tests run, antibiotics given, and possibilities explored than to have the staff just shrug their shoulders and say, "Meh, it's probably okay."
You're in my prayers and everything is going to be just fine. Moment by moment, that's all you have to get through. Keep up with your amazing, upbeat attitude. The mind and soul are powerful things.
*HUGS*
 
An extra night in the hospital sounds grand to me. They keep saying that I will go home the next day, and I pause......'you know..... I have toddlers at home....right? It is ok to stay another night!' :praying:

You are in good hands, and they are going to send immunity reinforcements! Ready and able to kick serious germ a$$.....oh, excuse me. I might have gotten a wee bit carried away, and I don't even have the hospital opioids to blame-

Smile! 24 hours is annoying, but you will be resting in you lair very soon-:sleeep:
 
Sounds like you're in the best place there. Don't be surprised if bruising shows its ugly self at 5-7 days post op. Mine did. Although it was nothing, pics show it was there. Day or 2 after surgery showed nothing though. As long as there's no pain or distress though all is good I'm sure. You're doin it!! Keep it up! Good for you!
 
Sorry to hear about your pesky WBC, delaying your departure for home. I'm sure you were disappointed, but better that it is addressed now than have something crop up after you get home. Sounds like the docs are doing everything to get to the cause. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you can get home soon! Other than that, you are having a marvelous recovery! Not surprising to those of us that have read your posts right along! And I'm sure it will continue once you get over this hurdle. Hoping you get some sleep soon!!
 
Hi @Cynthia777, Wow! I'm so impressed with your agility and that you already had a bm. That took me several days. I just now figured out what WBC means. (white blood count.) I am saying prayers for you. It sounds like the hip is doing beautifully. Take care of yourself, and keep us posted.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom