THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cynthia777 , You are so ready for this....:yay:....hope you can get out into the sun and fresh air for a bit today to get that nature fix before being nested completely for a week of rest and recovery. We all can so relate to this "day before" syndrome ! A dear Dr friend reminded me before I went into surgery that there are over 360 joints in our body. SO, yes you are seeking repair and replacement of 1 tomorrow...............and at your age, and with your positive outlook on life ---know that the other 359 joints are are sooo waiting to get this one hip joint fixed, and replaced...(.then #2 much later.)......After some healing the other 358 joints And the rest of your body can resume a your active healthy life on the other side! Wishes for a Peaceful evening sent your way for tonight.....and Look forward to you being on the other side :wave:
 
Hi girl! I will be thinking of you! We are going out of the country in he morning, but will check up when we get home. You will do great!
 
All packed and ready to go. For the past hour, I've been walking around like a space cadet, feeling as though I'm forgetting something paramount to tomorrow's surgery! :tiredwheel:
 
Wishing you the best, Cindy. You've had a long wait. I'm so glad you are getting this done by a skilled surgeon.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@bab123
I have to be there at 6:00 (they moved it up from 7:00) and surgery will be right around 9:00. I'm his second surgery (his scheduler said he's very fast and this is why they moved my arrival time up). We will be having our surgeries close together, if not at the same time. I like that cause misery loves company...:heehee:

Are you hanging in there twin?
Hey @Cynthia777 I am ready, need to take my antibacterial presurgical shower this evening and take my first coumadin. Otherwise, I will finish up the minimum packing I am doing and just hang out. Since I can't eat or drink after midnight, I think I'll have a light snack around 9 before I go to bed and TRY to sleep. Yes we will have our surgeries very close together! I will have my ipad with me, hopefully I can start my recovery thread sometime tomorrow late in the day. Best of luck!!
JoAnn
 
I hope all of you with surgery tomorrow are able to get some sleep tonight! Best wishes!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR in my future.
 
@Cynthia777 hey! I just found you here!! Well! Look at you on the Recovery side and welcome! I am so proud of you. This has been such a difficult decision for you and now you are ready to take the plunge.
I promise you, it's easier than you think.. make sure they are there with plenty of ice packs and your pain meds are on a firm schedule. I still remember, vividly, my first step on my new hip... no more bone pain!! Incision pain is much different and manageable.
Have you warmed up your recliner? Installed your bed railing? Wipes? Toilet riser? lol! We sure burned up this thread last year talking about our prep phase. :flwrysmile: BTW, I did like many others have said- I wore soft loose exercise clothing to the hospital and wore them home a day later! Easy peasy....

Best wishes for an easy morning while waiting and that your surgery proceeds right on time and I will be waiting for your report.... soon you will be on that little ice block!! :ice:

:prayer::angel: Love you, Crickethip
 
@bab123

Good idea on the light snack tonight. I've been downing as much water as possible, so I'm not dehydrated (I'm so bad at staying hydrated because I just don't like water. I drink crystal Lite instead). I'll be looking for your first post, but only if you're up to it. I like how you emphasized the "TRY" because I'm thinking the same way you are. I feel a tad hyper at the moment, so I'm not quite sure how easy falling asleep will be tonight.Take care Joanne and I'll catch you on the "other side".
Cindy (Cynthia if you're mad at me :heehee:)
 
Yay @Cynthia777 I'm so happy for you that you're finally going to get this done! Sending prayers that all goes great tomorrow - you've got this! :SUNsmile:
 
@CricketHip

Omg, you almost made me wet my pants!!! Those were the days, weren't they? We all had an amazing time with our lady lair lists and prep!

My lady lair is stocked and ready to go! I ended up converting our office to my lair (it was quite a job moving the office into one of our other spare bedrooms) because my walker wouldn't fit through the door of the nearby guest bathroom. Fortunately it does fit through the guest bath near what was my office.

Thanks for dropping in Cricket! Hugs...xoxoxo!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom