Guest viewing is limited

THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
:welome: Cynthia!! Make sure you stay in bed and don't give cause for :groan:. If anyone tells you to just "get up", remember, it's a :bignono:. And don't think you can :tantrum2: too soon. :no-fin: Don't forget to ice the sore spots! and :elevate:. Here's hoping your getting lots of :alarm: now. It's really ok to pretend :dead: for a while.
 
YESIREE, I FINALLY DID IT!

In my room and waiting for my daughter to get back here. My precious girl put my reading glasses in some drawer in this room, so I'll be back when I can read your posts.

Everything went very well and I will report back a little later. Xoxoxo!
 
Congrats Cynthia! I stopped by BS yesterday for the first time in a LONG time and saw your surgery was today. I had to check back in today and see how you are doing. I'm so happy for you and that all went well. Take your time and be patient, that was the hardest part for me.
 
A quick summary update...
Surgery better than expected
Have walked just once today (about 300 yards).
I have no pain yet (even while walking).
Starving at the moment because it's been 23 hours since iveveaten (dinner is at 6:30 p.m.)
Hubby and OD (Precious Daughter) have been here all day...so feeling blessed
Going home tomorrow :dancy:

More detailed reports coming!
 
WOW! I am so impressed with you, even more than I already was! Already walking and possibly going home tomorrow! Greatest news I've had all day! Keep up the greatness Cindy.
:cheers:
 
@Cynthia777

I'm so glad things went well today, Cindy! My thoughts will be with you as you go through recovery. You'll be so happy you did this.

Today, I walked about 7 miles - to and from work. Last year at this time, I could barely walk two blocks. My recovery was slower than others' because of my history, and I'm still pushing toward normal, but things are better than I have known, better than I expected, and they keep getting better.

I wish you a wonderful recovery. Welcome to the other side. :) See you here!
 
I found you!!!. Silly me, I've been posting on your other page. I just knew you'd be so happy once it was over! Welcome Bonesmartie!!! It's official! . Rest, ice, rest, pain meds. Soak up all the love and support. You deserve it. Love, hugs and many prayers my friend!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have SO much to share with all of you! However this brain is still in la la land. I'm sure having only slept a few hours last night (3 hours maybe) and having not slept since surgery 13 hours ago (not even for one minute), might explain the brain freeze! I feel very lucid, but I feel like my brains exhausted. I want to try and recount (as detailed as possible) the entire day today, but it's not happening (heck, it's taken me 20 minutes just to get this far, so "lucid" has most likely been misused here)! :heehee:

I'm off to check on @bab123 (my twin hipster). I'll get back with all if you as soon as I get home...HUGS and xoxo's all around! :loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom