THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear this @Cynthia777 - My daughter is a lot like you. She has sensitivity to so many things - including metals in her favorite jewelry pieces. Last year she went through this period where she developed Urticaria - exercise induced hives - it was horrible. Exercise relieves her stress and for a while, was denied this need. We found the right antihistamine to help her and eventually it subsided. Only lasted about 6 months.

....someone is keeping count for you! :heehee:.....getting close....!
 
My son Sammy the one who had the bad allergic reaction just before/during my surgery has bronchitis now too, must be in the air, too many allergins I guess... Ugg, he feels so bad so much coughing, poor fella..
HOpe you get well soon.. Can't wait to hear how well you do with that other new hip , I know its gonna do just as good as the first.... :yes!::happydance::dancy::flwrysmile:
 
So, so happy to hear your pre-op went well and that you are already feeling better. Here's hoping your WBC comes back with a green light. I just realized your surgery date is my oldest daughter's birthday! Have a great day!
 
@Cynthia777
Cynthia, how great that your doctor thinks all will be well in time for surgery!!! I was sure it would be but know we can worry ourselves about it. The only thing I might suggest you check on is whether or not maybe you want to start taking probiotics, if you are a person who believes in them. I had to have antibiotics before LTHR, of course the antibiotics during THR & antibiotics about 2'weeks after. It did a number on my stomach & intestines & we have enough of those problems just with surgery & painkillers. So I'm started with strong liquid probiotics & then switched to strong refrigerated capsule form. The tummy problems are getting better & I think the probiotics helped me. I know some people may not believe in them, so I'm reaching out to @Josephine to see if she wants to weigh in on this issue.
Hope you are feeling better today! Keep that positive attitude going!
SweetPea69
 
Yaay, @Cynthia777! :yay: It sounds like good news all around. I had to giggle about the 'Italian nostrils' comment.
I'm glad you're feeling better and that you have time and antibiotics to help you finish off the nasty bugs.
I'm proud of you for asking about the possibility of being allergic to the implants. Sure, we worry...sometimes needlessly, but I say it's better to be safe than sorry. I hope you are less itchy today.
Regarding the scab on the bottom of your incision, I had a small bump right beside my incision, same color and everything so I knew it was likely part of it. It also appeared to have a teeny tiny hole in the center That doggone thing itched like you wouldn't believe. It didn't worry me enough when I went back for my six week check up to mention it to my OS. However, when I went back two months later and it was still itching I was thoroughly worried. He looked at it and said that it was a midline suture point and, like your OS said, it was healing from the inside out. He said to just relax and that one day it would stop itching and be just fine. Lo and behold, about two weeks after that I suddenly noticed that it wasn't itching any more and looked exactly like the rest of my scar.
I'm happy for you, friend. Take good care of yourself and rest up. *Hugs* :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Cynthia777 well! You certainly don't do things the easy way eh? But then you truly are a sensitive person. I too can't go near Avon, and my daughter has metal allergies. I did love the 18ct one though - is zirconia on the list too :heehee:
Seriously though, I'm glad to hear the bronchitis is on the mend, and you have a green light for surgery. Won't be long now, and you'll be strolling along pain free in the Calfornia sunshine. :yay:
 
@Cynthia777- Glad your doc says it's a go for your surgery! Whoopee!! Hope that WBC is okay and you're able to get rid of the respiratory bugs soon. I agree with Sweetpea69 to take probiotics to help your tummy. Those antibiotics kill the bad stuff but also some of the good stuff. Then again, you seem to have a strong healthy belly!

Sorry the SSS gave you a rash. My skin can tolerate it but I haven't used it in years. Don't like the smell of it.

I bet this 2nd time around will go even BETTER than the first! Why? Just because you deserve it, my friend! :flwrysmile:
 
Ah ha, @Cynthia777 I've diagnosed your "troubles". You are experiencing psychosomatic stress because of your upcoming THR #2. Well girlie, stress no more hon. It is a walk in the park on a breezy sunny day. A piece of cake, easy as pie. You can do this in a few hours and get on with life. Now stop the stress, quit looking for ways out and pack your bag. Seriously sorry you are experiencing adversity with your body. Hopefully you will overcome and be ready to balance yourself. Get well soon! The second hip is easier than the first and being level is so nice. --julie
 
@Miss Muffet
Thinking of you this morning and KNOWING you are going to ace this! Prayers sent!

@dandy_candi
Oh my, I know EXACTLY what you're feeling! I, too, went through the being calm until the surgery date drew nearer. Even now, after such an easy recovery, I'm starting to get a little bit of anxiety the closer my surgery date draws near. It's kind of like the moments before I'm ready to jump off a very high precipice! Deep breaths! :-)
 
@Readysetgo
Speaking of probiotics...ummm...I'll just say I better get some ASAP! :yikes:

@Squirrellymom
You're doing fantastic! I'm so happy for you! I'm sure the nerves have wreaked havoc on my immune system, making the perfect environment to catch hubby's and daughter's virus and allowing it to turn into bronchitis. The strange part is, I wasn't feeling too much stress when I got sick, but our sub conscience has a way of tricking us into thinking all is a-okay! I'm more concerned with the rash than the bronchitis, as I'm only assuming it is from the SSS. I'm going to try and get an appointment with my dermatologist and see what's up. Thanks for your words of encouragement, they mean so much to me! Hugs!
 
@keepmovin
Boy, exercise induced hives must be just awful (although I could have it, but since I don't exercise, I'd never know it!) :heehee: Yes, it's not fun having an immune system which thinks everything is something it has to fight off! Unfortunately because I have the bronchitis, I can't take an antihistamine right now. I'm hoping my Detmatologist is able to give me an injection of an antihistamine (I'm not sure if it would also be a contradiction because of the bronchitis).

@Pony
Oh dear, your poor son! You're right, it must be going around. I live in the high desert with the wind howling and the poppies blooming (I'm sure the ragweed is out in full force as well) and I do suffer from hay fever! Yikes!
 
@hipstergirl
Only the finest spun gold for this hippy! :heehee:

@Nana757
Now why am I not surprised that my surgery would be on your daughter's birthday? After all, you and I have been joined at the hip since starting this journey we've been on together! Hugs!
 
@DeepBreath
Were you able to take a bath during the time you had the itchy hole on your incision? Of course I didn't ask.

@Simplieme
When I go frolicking on the beaches of SoCal in the lovely sunshine, I'll be thinking of you! :heehee:
 
@SweetPea69
Is there a particular brand of probiotics you like? I'm already experiencing mild problems from the antibiotic and need to catch it early. I also dread the possibility of a yeast infection...don't need that on top of everything else!
 
@Cynthia777
I totally agree about not wanting a yeast infection! I don't remember which licquid probiotic I got. I think it was the RAW brand but not sure. However I have 2 capsule forms: Garden of Life-RAW Probiotics --Women 50 & Wiser (such a euphuism :heehee:) & the other Renew Life Colon Care Ultimate Flora. I think it's important to get one with at least 80 billion live cultures.
I actually went to my local Sprouts Food Store (a semi-natural grocer that I think you have in California too) & asked for recommendations. I think I like the first capsule variety more. As you know they are not cheap--but better than tummy problems or yeast infections & the resultant problem of treating them. Wouldn't hurt to take them way past your surgery I think.
It's normal for you to be getting nervous. Know you wi,l be supported through the second one too. Prayers being sent your way!:flwrysmile:
SweetPea69
 
@Cynthia777, yes I showered all along. Now, my itchy bump wasn't a scab situation per se. It just itched and sometimes took on a different look, like something was trying to work itself out. My OS theorized it was the suture still in there healing up.
When in doubt re showering though, I always say it's best to ask a professional.
I hope you find the right probiotic for any yeast problems that might crop up. God love you, you will have earned these two shiny new hips in stripes, my friend! :roseshwr:
 
@Cynthia777, DUH, no you said bath...my bad. I am not a bath person, so that was never even on my radar. I would still recommend asking your doc or his nurse...or Josephine. The scab is the thing that would hold me back, personally, but I'm just not sure.
I hope you're feeling better as you get the antibiotics under your belt! *Hugs* :)
 
Thanks @DeepBreath, my thoughts exactly as far as waiting for bath time.

I'm feeling better each day, but I had to switch antibiotics because the first one didn't agree with my digestive track. I started the new antibiotic last night. I've put a call into my PCP's office to find out what my WBC count is at and if he's signing me off, but was told he will call me later. Of course now I'm in the panic mode of the "what ifs". Just trying to keep positive that I will be able to get my clearance. I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I hear. Hope everyone is doing well and feeling fine. :-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom