THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DeepBreath...thanks doll! I'm actually feeling pretty good, so I think talking to my cells has been working! :heehee:

@Pony...Oooh, you're going to be a new mama again! When I was about 10 years old, I remember watching a little foal being born (my parents raced quarter horses) and I was so amazed that such a large baby came out of "there"! It was so funny watching the foal take its first steps! :-)

@Arlene56...you're so sweet Arlene! Thank you for your prayers...they mean a lot to me. Hugs!

@gullimac...So funny, you've crossed my mind a few times today (I wonder if he's nervous? All packed for the hospital? Etc.). Received a call from the hospital today going over all my instructions. My surgery time is
10:00 a.m. PST, but I need to arrive at 8:00. Do you know your time yet?
 
@gullimac
We're in that time frame when you just want it over and done with. This is actually the worst part of the journey because it's really set in that the surgery is here and not somewhere off in the far distance. These last few days will fly by and the day of surgery will be such a blur (kind of like a sense of peace pours over you, at least it did for me). The next thing you know, you'll wake up and be so shocked and happy that it's over with. I was quite bubbly for a few days following surgery. :-)
 
@Cynthia777 Can you take another big hug:friends: a power prayer:angel: and more positive vibes being sent your way to clear away all your nagging health issues for clear sailing ahead for you:kayak:

Thinking of you next few days!

Blessings,
 
Well, pals, I'm off to get a breathing treatment (although I'm feeling pretty good today) and my WBC count rechecked so I can get my clearance for Tuesday. I'm going to ask if they can get the results stat, so maybe, just maybe I can get the results today. My PCP actually owns the lab and it is located in his office building. If not, I know I'll have the results tomorrow for sure. I'm feeling very positive, but again, if I'm in for a disappointment, I'm a firm believer in "things happen for a reason". I REALLY want to have my surgery Tuesday because I have my annual family reunion in Del Mar, CA coming up on August the 8th and I want to be through as much of the recovery as possible (I would imagine walking in the sand is no easy feat after a THR). Hope today finds all my bonesmart family feeling physically and mentally well. Hugs all! :friends:
 
@Cynthia777 Prayers and hope your breathing treatment clears you up and your WBC goes down! I love reading your posts and positive attitude! It seems your recovery from your first THR has been amazing, hope the next one goes so well! Hope you can be well for your family reunion in Del Mar. Love it there. Nothing better than sand between your toes! Hugs!


Ri
Ormmngt
 
Sorry, don't know what all the gibberish at the end of my message is. hope you have a wonderful day!


Ri
Ormmngt
 
Thanks @Pony! What's that poor mare waiting for? Lol! Tell her to get a move on!

Hi @TriciaGP! Thank you for your kind words!!!!! I see you will be having your surgery just a couple of days after I have mine...we are surgery buddies and will be recovering together. :-)
How are you holding up? This surgery is so much easier than your mind is telling you. Have no fear, you will be so elated once you wake up and you see how all your worry (if you're experiencing any) was for nothing. I found recovery to be more of a nuisance (boring too) than a pain filled experience. Just make sure you ask for ice immediately and tell the nursing staff you want your pain meds every four hours without fail (I watched the clock like a hawk). To be honest, I really don't remember having much pain at all and the day of surgery was just one big blur and was over in the wink of an eye. I'll be keeping us in prayer for sure! Hugs!!!! :friends:
 
OMG - I can't believe your #2 hip is coming up already. Seems like yesterday you were just post op (well probably not for you). Big celebration time when all is done and dusted on Tuesday. Look how far you have come!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom