THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cynthia777, big huge squishy HUGS. I hope your appointment goes well and that you get all your concerns addressed today. I once had an allergic reaction to SSS. It was not pleasant.
I hear you about worrying about stuff. I think it's just part and parcel with this process.
All will be well. :flwrysmile:
 
@CricketHip
You sweetheart you! I don't know why, but I'm not getting alerts even when someone is alerting me! :-(
I'm hanging in there my friend and I'll be checking your thread as soon as I get home today. You're the best! :loveshwr:
 
@Cynthia777, my reaction happened a very long time ago and I remember being so surprised and alarmed. Typically, I don't have very sensitive skin and had only ever had a reaction to cats (me likey kitties...kitty dander no likey me) :meow:
I had completely forgotten about it until you mentioned it in your post. How is the reaction today?
 
@DeepBreath
To answer your question....ITCHY! :heehee:

Finished my pre-op today and will be anxiously awaiting the my WBC count results. Doc said it may come back high because I do have bronchitis AND a sinus infection (not sure how he knew that just by looking up my Italian nostrils). He put me on a 10 day course of Bactrim and if my WBC count comes back high, he will test it again once I've completed the antibiotics. He said I will still be able to move forward with surgery even if my WBC count is high, but if I'm still sick, I will have to delay surgery (I'm not too worried because I've already been feeling better before starting the antibiotics. He laughed when I asked if the rash could be from an allergy to my implant (I was so happy he laughed)! He's almost certain it's from the Avon SSS I applied directly to my skin. I still have the scab at the bottom of my incision (it also looks like a small hole) and he said it's because it's healing from inside out instead of from the outside in. He went on to say it will probably be another 6 to 8 weeks before its fully healed (waaaa...no baths for awhile). I told him I had an episode of tachycardia while walking during PT (lasted for about 5 seconds), but he said it's not unusual after major surgery, so not to worry. Looks like I'm good to go two weeks from today! YES! :dancy:
 
That's super, @Cynthia777! About the going forward in two weeks, that is, NOT about you being sick, or having a rash. I had a sinus infection recently that just wouldn't go away until I started antibiotics at 3 weeks, and it was gone by 4 weeks. Just the worst cold-type illness I ever had. I'm sure yours will be tamed by the antibiotics in plenty of time. I had my pre-op testing done yesterday, and will hear results at my pre-op appointments on May 2, one week before my surgery. You are so brave, having your second THR so soon after your first. I understand wanting to just get it all over with, and how the bad right hip makes it much harder to recover from surgery on the left. Excited for you to move closer to full, pain-free mobility!
 
Awww @Krista, you're so sweet! Just live ya gal! To be honest, I was physically ready for my second THR by 4 or 5 weeks believe it or not (I just wasn't mentally prepared for some reason). I've had such an easy recovery that it makes me kind if nervous how I'll perceive my second recovery. I'm the kind of person who always sees things like a scale that has to be balanced (if something goes really well, then something has to balance it out and go really bad). Not a good trait and not logical at all! :-)
I'm so happy for you. You've been through so much and it's high time for things to go well for you (and I'm standing on that)! Hugs to you!!!!! :friends:
 
@Cynthia777 - well that is GOOD news Cindy that you can go ahead, :goodpost:but sorry you're not feeling 100%. Fingers crossed the antibiotics are the magic bullet and that they, combined with some rest, will see the enemy off.
Onwards and upwards! :happydance::yay::egypdance:
 
Excellent news about the two weeks! Hope those anti biotics kick that bronchitis in the butt!
I have 7 weeks to go and had a bit of a freak out tonight because although I am willing the time to go quick, now it is getting closer it's starting to get real! I know I can do it from how positive and great you have been so just focusing on that and getting through each day xx


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom