THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Readysetgo
Didn't you just hate ringing the nurses every time you needed your "stuff" moved back? I actually ended up using very few of the items I packed.
I'm hanging in there just fine (with fleeting moments of, "not this again" emotions). I have my pre-op scheduled for Tuesday and am praying my WBC count is back to normal. The only bad thing is I picked up a bad cold and have a mild cough. I'm going to ask my PCP to put me on a course of antibiotics before I have my blood drawn, as my WBC count could go up because of the cold. I just want to make sure it doesn't turn into bronchitis (fingers crossed)!
Thanks for the "good vibes", much appreciated!!!!! Hugs!!!
 
Hey @Cynthia777 hope you get well soon, a cold is no fun I guess yes the countdown is on! How does it feel this time, knowing so much more than you did last time around?? I know that say each one is different.
 
@Simplieme
Actually, if not for the high wbc count I encountered the last time, I would be pretty calm. I feel a bit anxious that I may encounter the same issue. But as far as the actual surgery and recovery, I'm feeling at peace (with just a tad bit of anxiety mixed in here and there). It's really all about mind control and I'm pretty good at blocking things out.
Thanks for asking! :-)
 
Hey @Cynthia777 Hope your feeling much better, I've had a terrible week, nothing to do with my hip, its just wonderful.. very tired though.. I don't know if you remember I was running a fever when I went in for surgery, he put me on anti biotics and still went on with the surgery.. My appoint. went well today, he said to keep walking lol, I've sure done that the past few days as both my baby brother and my dad were in the hospital or should I say hospitals over an hour and a half apart.. both are doing alright now though..
 
Omg @Pony! You have had quite the week! I hope all is okay with your dad and brother. When it rains it pours! I'm so surprised they moved forward with your THR while you had a fever! My pre-op testing is Tuesday and I still feel pretty puny. Hopefully I'll be over this virus by then. Hang in there, this too shall pass (I tell myself every day)! :-)
 
Thanks @DeepBreath, I really appreciate your kind thoughts! I'm pretty sure I have bronchitis, so I'm very happy I'm seeing my PCP on Tuesday, as I'm sure he'll put me on antibiotics before my THR. Been feeling pretty yucky the past few days, but as I always tell others, this too shall pass. :-)
 
Hope your feeling better soon, we "I think" are all straightened out now lol, my mares belly has dropped so we are getting close for a baby at the end of this month or early next month, her belly has been suspiciously doing flip flops recently LOL, she's getting mad at it before its even here... :wave::happydance::happydance: I'm beginning to think she needs a :chillpill: lol.. I know I needed one last week.....:wink:
 
Oh no @Cynthia777! I felt the same towards the end of the killer flu I had a few weeks back. Yes get some antibiotics soon and please get lots of rest. :chillpill: Feel upset for you. But don't despair - still time to get this nailed. :yes:
 
Thanks pals for your well wishes!!!!!!!! I seem to be feeling a little bit better today, so hopefully this blip won't affect my surgery date. I also have a rash on my body and I think it might be from Avon's Skin So Soft Bath Oil. I have such sensitive skin it's ridiculous! Of course my mind started playing tricks on me, as I started thinking maybe I'm allergic to the titanium they implanted (you all know how our minds can be our worst enemies at times)! :yikes: My PCP appointment tomorrow is coming just at the right time. :-)

Hope all my buddies are doing well...I've fallen behind on all of your threads since I was sick. Hugs all!!!! :loveshwr::friends:
 
Love Avon Skin So Soft! Must tell you they sell it in Scotland to keep the midges away - apparently it works, but I'm not entirely sure whether Avon are enthusiastic about the connection :scaredycat:
Your imagination is right up there with mine .... Hubby calls me Mrs Risk Assessment :scary:
Rest :sleep: and Continue getting well (and that's an order) :beg:
 
Of course my mind started playing tricks on me, as I started thinking maybe I'm allergic to the titanium they implanted (you all know how our minds can be our worst enemies at times)!
I'm allergic to certain metals, can wear very few ear rings , rings because of it.. A few times I've had a few things that I wondered if was an allergic reaction LOL...

Avon's Skin So Soft Bath Oil.

I'm bad allergic to Avon's skin so soft, with in a few minutes of just getting close enough to smell it I end up with a severe Migraine took me a while to realize what was causing it, my riding buddy bought some to put on her horse and shortly afterwards the severe migraines started, I finally realized what was causing it, she quit using it and they stopped lol, who would a thunk it ...
 
@Pony
It's funny you mentioned putting the Avon SSS on the horse because I read where several horses were allergic to it! Can you believe that? I have hives everywhere I rubbed the oil on me! It's sooo itchy! I'm also allergic to certain metals (all costume jewelry and any gold less than 18 Karat)!
 
Girl, I leave you alone for a few weeks and you get a scab, bronchitis and now hives from SSS??

sigh.. be careful over there on the West coast!!
I wrote to you on my page but wanted to pop in and say hi here, too.

Glad your new hip is doing well.. it's a miracle, yes? I still grin like a loon when I go walking or hiking. :yes!:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom