THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's so funny @Squirrellymom because I kept checking how big each surgeons hands were when I consulted with five of them!!!! I've never watched an actual THR online, as I think it would be kind of creepy. Without seeing the surgery, I'm able to fool myself into thinking my real hip is still there! :heehee:
 
Well!!! Mine is almost 10 inches !!!!! I had to get it measured for me though cos I still couldn't look lol.

I'm excited for tomorrow because I have my first post op appointment with my OS. I get an x Ray first, so I will get to see my new hip!! I have been making a list of questions to ask him, but now I will be distracted because I will be checking out the size of his hands :loll: Thanks Julie x
 
@Cynthia777 @Simplieme @Squirrellymom
How funny about the OS hands! I haven't measures my incision but was looking in the full length mirror tonight & measuring with my finger tip (about 1 inch) & it's at least 10 inches but I think closer to 12 inches. I'll ask hubby to measure sometime tomorrow. My surgeon is maybe 5ft 7 inches. I'll have to look at his hands next time I go.

I want a "do over"! (NO! NOT REALLY!)
 
@SweetPea69, I think many members Sara are that long. I'm thinking part of the reason I had so little pain was because the incision's so small. Plus it's right on the front of my hip, so I never had to sit or lay on it. I think it's the one advantage of the anterior method.
 
@Arlene56
My OS was a hubba hubba hunk of a man and I just cringe when I think about what I must have looked like on the Hana operating table he uses for the anterior approach! :heehee:
Here's a pic of the table....

[Bonesmart.org] FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Cynthia777 Yikes. Wow. Don't know how to react to this picture. It's amazing what they can do.
The OBGYN who delivered our son in TX was sooo very handsome. He had a nice soothing voice as well.
 
That HANA table fascinates me. I wonder in that photo which is the soon-to-be operated hip??
 
@Simplieme you mentioned a list of questions for your post-op exam. Mine is in 4 hours and I'm just starting my list. I'd be interested in questions that others are asking, to get me started. Thanks!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom