THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there @Cynthia777! Just caught up on your thread and I must say, you ARE the WOMAN!!!! I'm so happy to hear that your incision area is improving. I tend to agree with you, that it may have been the glue, along with all the tape allergies, that is causing the rash. My OS used to use glue, but no longer does. He told me he had too many patients that developed problems with it, including having it completely fall off way too soon.
I can't believe you are already at 5+ weeks already! You've come a long way baby! Wishing you all the best on your upcoming test and praying for good results. Take care, my friend. I'll be thinking of you.
:flwrysmile:
 
Awww, @Nana757, I just love ya gal! It's so comforting to know you're back with the family! How was your trip? Your hip? Big HUGS from here in rainy SoCal (yep, we're getting a few hours of rain, so I'm making my homemade spaghetti sauce for the family). Isn't it so weird how excited we get with an inch of rain? :heehee:

I'll be giving a six week update come Tuesday after my OS visit (although trying to get ANY info out of that man is like pulling eye teeth)!
 
Maybe you should take your pliers with you and threaten him with it! Just walk in with it in your hand, held up high, and say...I need some answers and I don't want to have to use this on you!....:heehee:
Our trip was great! Drove to Florida for 5 days and played two rounds of golf in chilly and windy weather. Then drove home for a few days and drove back down to myrtle beach for a family wedding, played another round of golf and drove back home. Had a great time and my hip even played nice with no aches or pains. But am very happy to be home, being the slug that I am.
 
@Cynthia777 adding my prayers for good test results. I can't believe it's been 5 weeks already, wow!

@Nana757 good to see you and happy for you that you had such a wonderful trip and were able to do all that driving and golf with no hip issues. That's what this surgery is all about - giving us our life back :yes!:
 
Oh my Gosh @Cynthia777 I was so scared right up to going to OR my surgery would get postponed. My thoughts and prayers are with you, stay positive my friend.


RTHR February 22, 2016
 
@Cynthia777 - I am so sorry you have to wait that long for those test results. That seems unreasonable and difficult but you certainly are being very brave about it. And keeping your good humor as usual. Hang in there. We're all here for you. :SUNsmile:
 
@Readysetgo
Thank you for your words of comfort! As far as the humor goes, isn't humor the best medicine? I truly find it is! :snork: Actually, I'm waiting for Blue Shield to approve the test. I had to cancel the test this past week because they hadn't signed off on it yet. You would think when one pays just under $900 per month for health coverage, they'd roll out the red carpet for you! NOT! My new appointment is On Monday the 21st. The waiting is a drag, but I'm hanging in there. Thanks again my friend!
 
@Cynthia777, I just read on another thread that your unoperated hip has collapsed. How dreadful! I don't know what test has been ordered, but I hope that it will help you to move to the next step, whenever they let you have it. Wishing you all the best as you try to cope with this -- it must be so difficult. My best wishes go with you...
 
Thank you so much @Krista! I will be having a PET Scan. Once that comes back okay (I'm counting on it), I will be able to move forward with my second hip. Prayerfully I'll be having my second hip done in April, but if my OS is too far out, I'll be having it done in May. The sooner the better! I just can't wait to get out there on the new skateboard I bought...:rofsign:
 
I forgot to mention what happened while I was in the hospital...

It was about 8:00 pm on the first night of my stay, when all of a sudden two nurses came flying into my room and quickly shut the door (I thought my heart must have stopped beating by the look on their faces). Well, one of the nurses looked at me and said that there was a guy on our floor, carrying a gun, looking angry and disheveled! The next thing I knew, the nurses left my room, closing the door behind them and leaving me lying there in bed defenseless! I found out later that his girlfriend was recuperating in a room two rooms away from mine. Eventually the police arrived and arrested him and found a stockpile of drugs in his backpack. Fortunately his girlfriend was released to go home the next day (we all assumed it was some type of domestic dispute). On a positive note, I can't say my three day stay was boring and uneventful! :yikes:

Tomorrow I will be seeing my OS for my six week visit. My rash has all but disappeared and hopefully he will be able to figure out what exactly caused it, so I won't have the same thing happen with my next replacement. I'll update when I get home. :-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom