Guest viewing is limited

THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cynthia777- Hope that OS appt went great and you got all your questions answered! Looking forward to hearing how it all went.

Very scarey about that guy with the gun in the hospital while you were there! :yikes: So glad things turned out okay.

I didn't know both your hips were collapsed. Sounds like it'd feel awful, but I'm relieved the pain is not too bad for you.

So I think you better start writing that book @CatLady1 suggested!

Thanks for being such a good cheerleader for everyone! :happydance::yay: Hope you have a great day!
 
You ladies are all so dear to me! What would I do without YOU?

My OS appointment went great. As long as I pass my health clearance, I will be having my second hip replaced in the 12th of April...am I nervous? Naw...:yikes:

I'll be posting my six week update later today or tomorrow. I'm going to catch a cat nap here shortly...darn it! I just remembered that I wanted to ask my OS about the waking up one or two times during the night to use the potty. Never had to make runs in the middle of the night prior to surgery. Anyone else experience this?
 
Yay! You have a date !! So pleased for you. I know everything is going to be ok


RTHR February 22, 2016
 
Woohoo! Who knew we could ever be so excited about having surgery? When I get my date, I'll be dancing while using crutches!

Take that nice nap, Cynthia. I had to use the bathroom several times a night for at least the first 6 weeks, even though I hadn't done so pre-op. Everything's been back to normal, only getting up rarely, since that time. Hope that stops soon, as it is quite annoying!
 
Great news on your surgery date @Cynthia777 ! You will be a few weeks after me!:egypdance:

As far as those potty visits in the middle of the night....yes! I still have to make that journey nightly!:dubious: IDK, I think it's from the catheter! I wish there was a way to avoid using another for this next surgery but don't see a way around that!:shrug: Also, are you still on pain meds? I was told that may play a part to the potty visits in the middle of the night. I'm still on them but try to take my last pills a few hours before going to bed.
I'm looking at all possible reasons other than it's part of the aging process! Surgery is temporary, aging is permanent!:wink:
 
Yay! Good news on surgery date #2, close to mine which I really, really, really hope sticks this time. I cannot wait to be over here writing my recovery story! Very curious about a collapsed hip as my pain is outrageous...when and how did you find out the hip joints had collapsed? Was it diagnosed/confirmed with an x-Ray? (Sorry if I missed this in your thread) Thanks! Robin xx


RTHR, MIS (minimally invasive surgery), posterolateral approach, Feb. 15, 2016-cancelled :( waiting for a new date
 
Oh my gosh, I just read about the man with the gun at the hospital - how scary!! So glad they arrested him before he hurt anybody. I can only imagine how scary that was - yowza!!:shocked:
 
Thanks to all my BS buddies...you really are such wonderful and caring gals!!!!

@Krista and @keepmovin...yeah, those middle of the night trips wreak havoc with my "bright eyed and bushy tailed" mode the next day! I'm sorry you've had the same issue, but am happy I'm not alone (is that kind of like "misery loves company" :heehee: I am still taking the Percocet twice a day, but I usually take my second dose around 5:00, so I'm not sure if it could be the culprit (I'm going to try taking it a little earlier to see if it helps).


Okay @Kitsmom and @Miss Muffet...are we ready girls (I know you are Kitsmom)? Nice to know the other buddies who will be suffering along with you...once again (misery loves company?) :snork:

Thanks for the well wishes @Simplieme, I really appreciate it!

Isn't that crazy @Hipster Girl? I'm just happy I was kind of doped up, otherwise I don't know what I would have done (of course doing anything was out of the question so soon after surgery)! :-)
 
Congrats on the date for hip #2. Looking forward to having you as an April Rainbow buddy. Wish I had a fast forward button I could push to get us all there a little faster:hiking: !
 
Congrats on the date for hip #2. Looking forward to having you as an April Rainbow buddy. Wish I had a fast forward button I could push to get us all there a little faster:hiking: !

Yay for you April rainbows! My birthday is in April so I am with you in spirit. I too wish there was a fast forward button @gullimac , just want it over with already.

I can't believe the gunman in the hospital @Cynthia777 - so glad you were okay and hubby had arrived, surely he would have deflected any bullets with a nearby (hopefully empty) bedpan! How's that for a visual!!

Few weeks to go until I turn 29 and you get your second hip! What a year it will be! Good luck with the others tests you have going x


Candice, 28 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
yeah, those middle of the night trips wreak havoc with my "bright eyed and bushy tailed" mode the next day! I'm sorry you've had the same issue, but am happy I'm not alone (is that kind of like "misery loves company" :heehee: I am still taking the Percocet twice a day, but I usually take my second dose around 5:00, so I'm not sure if it could be the culprit (I'm going to try taking it a little earlier to see if it helps).

If I looked half as bad as hubby from those middle of night trips... :rotfl: I wasn't sure he was going to survive :heehee:
I got off of the Percocet early, I've been on the Tramadol down to twice a day now.. Not sure if that was what was causing the problems or not but I mostly sleep all night now..

Finally can even sleep for a little while on my left "operated side" .....

So glad you finally got scheduled for the other hip soon you will be cavorting around like I'm trying to do LOL.. Hubby keeps telling me "your not supposed to be doing that yet" LOL.. "I try not to" "I really do"....... LOL :angel:
 
@gullimac - you're such a lucky boy! :roseshwr:You having the company of the rest of us gals - and we'll be there with all the helpful advice to get you motivated ready for the off. :hiking:
 
@Cynthia777- Congrats on your hip#2 date! Wow that is soon, huh? You go! Let's get this done.

About the potty runs, I didn't have an increase, just my usual 1 time a night (even after catheter.) Are you taking in more fluids as I seem to remember was suggested to you? That could be it. Can you call the OS office and ask them to answer the question if possible? I know it's not the same as face to face question and answer but it might give you some insights....

I'm happy you got a date and am sending good vibes your way that you can proceed on that date! :spin:Hope you are enjoying your day. A catnap sounds good to me right now. :meow: I haven't slept during the day since I've come home. :sleep:
 
I'm starting to think the meds may have something to do with the middle of the night "potty runs". I cut my pain meds in half and only got up once last night. I have increased my fluids during the day, but try not to drink much liquid after 5:00 or so. Do you think I should limit liquids earlier than 5:00?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom