Guest viewing is limited

THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
How frightening for you and everyone else on the ward. Thank goodness he was apprehended and no one was hurt.

That is great news that your rash is almost cleared up. Let's hope the doctor can find out the reason for it. I don't know what you PET scan was for but I sure hope the results are OK.

Thinking of you even though I don't often get on the website at times.
 
I just read @Krista's remark about your unoperated hip collapsing. Hope this does not make it too difficult for your surgeon when have that hip done. You must be in a lot of pain with it.
 
Thanks @Grannyhippy, you're always so kind.

I don't think surgery will be more difficult, since my other femoral head had already collapsed prior to surgery too. For some strange reason, I haven't experienced the excruciating pain that others have described when one's hip has collapsed. When at rest I have no pain whatsoever and since I'm on Percocet, the pain is quite tolerable while walking with the walker.
 
@Cynthia777, I am very glad to hear that you aren't having too much of a problem with pain. Seems incredible, but I'm glad it's true! How is it that you have had both of your hips collapse before THR? Is it just that they made you wait too long? Sounds so scary for you!
 
@Krista
Actually, I was the one who delayed surgery too long. Because I didn't experience that gut wrenching pain, I sat on the fence teetering back and forth about moving forward with surgery (I actually cancelled a few surgeries). The last OS I saw had advised me to wait until I couldn't take the pain anymore. I believe he is a very wise man because I don't think I would have viewed my recovery as positively as I have (if that makes sense). In other words, would I have been as grateful as I am now and viewed the surgery as such a godsend if I hadn't been in pain pre-op? I don't think I would have.
 
@Cynthia777, I get what you are saying. I had lots of hip weakness for a couple of years, and twinges of pain, and had to use one or two trekking poles most of the time when I was outside, and sometimes inside the house. But I had only had two short episodes of the grinding bone-on-bone pain. Just those two episodes had me scared, because it was truly awful. I don't know how all of the people whom I have read about on this forum, and another, who had to wait for long periods of time while feeling that pain, could stand it! So I am in worse shape now than before my surgery, for sure. But I also know that at some point, I would have been having more and more of that terrible pain and the disability that goes with it, and that would be worse than what I have now. So my only regret is that I wish I had chosen a different surgeon, and then maybe I would have had a different outcome. But I don't think about that much, just moving along in a positive direction, finding a new surgeon for the next surgery.

We are both in a waiting game, waiting for the next surgery that will hopefully repair us. I am getting so good at waiting!
 
:yikes: :sos: :scary::rolleyes: That must have raised your blood pressure! Terrifying for you I presume but good to hear there was no harm done.
 
@Krista
What a darn shame that you are in worse shape now than before your surgery! Once you have those muscles/tendons repaired do you anticipate a full painfree recovery? I haven't read your entire thread, but as soon as I return from my OS appointment I plan on doing so. You are wise not focusing on the "what ifs" and instead focusing on a brighter future. I can tell you are a very strong and positive person and these traits will help you get through a lot easier than those who focus in "woe is me". I am surely going to add your name to a prayer list I have and will pray for you daily. Have you set your eyes on any particular surgeon yet? And yes, the name of the game is "waiting", but hopefully it won't be too long of a wait (I'm not very good at waiting either)! Hugs Krista (btw...Krista is such a beautiful name).
 
@Granny Di...the worse part of the whole ordeal was that feeling of helplessness. I also have new respect for the term "sitting duck"! :shocked:

@Miss Muffet...Lol! You got it girl! :snork:

@CatLady1...God love ya Lady! By the time I leave Bonesmart (after having been here so long), if nothing else, I sure hope I helped make someone's day be a bit brighter and brought a few smiles to their face during these very difficult and trying days. :-) :heehee:
 
@Cynthia777, good luck at the OS appointment! Yes, I do have a surgeon who is experienced at the type of surgery I need. He has pioneered techniques in gluteal tendon surgery, so I have confidence in him. I certainly hope that it will fix all of the pain and disability problems I am having, but know that these surgeries are definitely not 100% effective. He is not totally sure what they will find when they open me up! I am just waiting on the hip aspiration results to get the go-ahead to schedule surgery.

Your good spirits, bright smile and encouraging remarks certainly do help people to feel better, including me!
 
How awesome that you found the surgeon who has "pioneered" certain procedures that can help you. I'm sure you couldn't be in better hands. When will you receive your results?

Thank you so much for your kind remark! Oftentimes I fear that my posts may irritate certain individuals as they go through such difficult circumstances. It isn't easy to smile sometimes (as I'm sure you well know with everything you're going through)! :-)
 
@Cynthia777, :shocked:about your hospital fugitive situation! Holy Cow, Lady! No kidding about knowing what the proverbial 'sitting duck' feels like. I'm glad it turned out okay, but what a fright!
I hope this week brings you more healing strides and bright days, friend. You're a ray of sunshine in so many people's lives. Thank you for that. :)
@Krista, *hugs* to you and good vibes for the outcome you deserve. I'm sorry your experience has been a difficult one.
@Nana757, Howdy, Friend! :wave: I hope your travels were amazing. :) I missed you!
 
Cynthia, I think they don't want you to see the action! Sometimes I just have to open the door a bit, as the exam rooms with no windows (like most of them!) can get quite stuffy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom