THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cynthia777 -thank you for your encouragement. I feel rather nervous today. Already have had a melt down. Not eating much as nothing looks or sounds good.
I do truly appreciate your encouragement. It does mean a lot to me. Hope you have a great wkend!:flwrysmile:
 
I've said it over and over again the waiting is the worst part! Even if you have already had one THR - nerves are still with you. Keep posting and sharing your fears here. It does help!
 
@Cynthia777- Thanks for your prayers and good wishes. I am a little nerve wracked, but definitely not as terrified as the first time. I have been kind of restless, wanting to be moving and out and about as much as possible because I know I'll be in recovery mode soon. :elevate: "Oh I think I need another pillow. Oh we need more groceries. Oh I better get some of that quality cat food", etc. etc. and out I go (even though the hip they are doing on Tuesday is achey and screeching at me for walking so much. It is SO time to get rid of it.)

Today I plan on staying home (after we go out for breakfast - yum!). I want to catch up on my Bonesmartie buddies and post a bit as well. :wave:

Thanks again for all your good wishes -you are such a powerful lady I'm sure they pack a punch! :yes:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :flwrysmile:
 
@Readysetgo

Darn girl, you are one strong cookie (traipsing to and fro)! The difference between you and I is, "Honey, you better go get.... Or Honey, can you do or get me...! :heehee: You would think I'm the Queen of Sheba, directing everyone to wait on me hand and foot! No wonder your bad hip is giving you such fits!

Not sure how powerful I am, but I know darn sure my well wishes and prayers sure can't hurt! :-)
 
@Cynthia777 (aka Queen of Sheba!) I'm sorry you still have that annoying rash. My skin is allergic to a lot of of stuff, too. Latex, nickel in jewelry, shirt tags all bother me. While in hospital last surgery I was itchy. I thought it was the meds. But then I realized it was the exposed threads in the bedding and my hospital gown's threads that were making me itch. They weren't threadlike really, more like strings of plastic. When I put my own gown on and covered the nasty bedding threads I was fine. My reaction to nickel comes and goes. Surgeon for this 2nd surgery changed his usual prosthesis a bit to accomodate the allergy. Lately I haven't been able to wear any earrings. Haven't worn any in days and my ears are still a bit red and itchy. Sometimes nickel in jeans buttons itch if they're against my skin. I once bought an expensive bra that fit me perfectly. From one of those places that measure you exactly. I was so thrilled with it. Wore it first day and felt like I was wearing a hair shirt. When I took it off, I had itchy welts wherever the threading was against my skin. Non returnable of course. I grieved for it a few months then tossed it in a donation bin.

I'm bringing several of my own gowns to the hospital this time. May have to go totally nickel free with the earrings.

Anyway I empathize and hope your rash goes away soon. Hope you had a great weekend!
 
@Readysetgo
You and I share the same skin! I have even had a reaction to 14K gold earrings (told DH, he has to buy me 18K from now on...like I said, Queen of Sheba)! I made sure I stressed my nickel allergy to my surgeon, as well as a sensitivity to latex. I still can't figure out why the rash, but have a sneaky suspicion it may be the glue they used to close me up with (although Josephine thinks it's a chafe from the surgeon ripping the bandage off...she may be right). I'll probably break down and go see my OS (five minutes from home). What a bummer, finding that perfect bra and having to just toss it...Murphy's law, huh?
 
@Cynthia777 and @Readysetgo, isn't the human body a fascinating thing? Why are some people sensitive to certain things? I thought I was the only person who actually developed the itchies from clothing tags!
 
@DeepBreath
I think each of us have such unique characteristics. I've always felt that each person feels the intensity of pain differently, with some actually feeling it more than others (not in their heads, but maybe their nerves are more sensitive?)....yes, the human body is an amazing machine and according to the Big Bang theory, was put together by an explosion. :heehee:
 
@DeepBreath
The world and all its intricacies pretty much seals the deal for me. :-)
Amen to that!

I think it is next week when you get to set up hip two?? I know that you are"itching" to do that! Grin. Just hoping I can keep the pain in left hip from flaring up as bad as the right was prior to surgery. If things stay the way they are right now I will be thrilled. Have a good Wednesday!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR in my future.
 
@jomarie58
My goodness girl, you have quite the memory!!! Yes, next Tuesday is my 6 week check up and will hopefully be able to schedule my THR then. I say hopefully because I need a clearance on a test I will be having on Friday. I'll explain more later if my test shows an issue. Prayers welcome! :-)
Know you are in my prayers as well!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom