THR Finally back home...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you been doing anything at work or for recreation that could have strained something? Aches and pains do come and go, so just pull back for a little while and see if resting puts it at ease. I'm finding for me that with the cold weather and icy ground, I'm not getting nearly enough walking, and that causes a whole lot more stiffness and ache.

Let us know if it doesn't abate. I'm sure Jo will have some thoughts on it.

Sharon

It seems ok now, I think its something that comes and goes. Maybe its the weather or I could have accidentally twisted a bit and pulled or strained something.

I have noticed that although my pain has gone, my range of movement has increased, I still have a little stiffness there and the occasional ache. I guess its all still healing a bit.
 
Hi Graham, so,pleased that it has settled...

I think you will find each and every month is another positive milestone.. Nice to get an update from you :)
 
Eight Months today....

Not much to add on the hip front. It's as good as it's ever been. Been crawling around some tight spaces and had no problems whatsoever. I am trying to lose a little weight, I put a lot on whilst getting done and Christmas really didn't help. Not really on a strict regime, but cutting out the rubbish helps shed a few unwanted pounds. Still not sure about my long-awaited trip to Florida. :scratch:

Life goes on... :)


 
[Bonesmart.org] Finally back home...
Graham, and updating us. Glad to hear that things are going so well for you. Don't be a stranger----drop in more often. Love hearing from you.
 
Crawling at 8 months, that sounds pretty amazing. Glad things are working well and I do hope you get to your Florida trip!!

Take care,
Cardie
 
Yes, good luck with your trip.. you deserve it Graham :)
 
Thanks to all responses. I don't believe I would ever leave the forum, people have done so much to help me. Unfortuantly I'm limited to what help I can return, having had a bit of a bumpy ride with my THR and I wouldn't be comfortable saying anything which may put anyone off having it done, except maybe in PM.

My Florida trip is currently uncertain due to home issues at the moment, but if it doesn't happen, I plan on visiting a lot of local attractions to brush-up my camera skills. :)
 
Thanks. I'll bear that in mind. But I'm not sure whereabouts on here I could post them..:what:
 
Nine Months today....

Doesn't time fly...? It was one year ago yesterday I was knocking on my Consultant's door and asking if I can have a new hip. One quick Xray, four days and a letter later, I had a date for June. I remember the ice-cold fear of the whole thing really starting to kick in.

Now it's a year later and it's all over. The only thing I can add this month is where I can't remember how my hip was hurting before I got done. As for the hip itself, I have to remind myself I had a new one put in. Hopefully when the weather sorts itself out, I'll get a chance to put it to some good use.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Finally back home...
Hi! Graham, great to hear from you again. And another great update! Don't even think about that hip---can't remember what the pain was like---ain't life WONDERFUL!!!


Take care and keep us updated. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Finally back home...
 
10 Months Today....

Life goes on, I guess. I can't really add a great deal after last month. The weather here in the UK has finally taken a turn for the better and I travelled to the Jersey on the Channel Islands (A small UK Island off the north-west coast of France) and did a bit of hill-walking and today I have visited the botanical gardens in the hope of getting a few pics. I must have walked miles and my hip is the only part of me not aching. This time last year, I had to cut my trip to the Gardens short as my hip was grinding something rotten.

:)
 
Great update Graham! So glad you are getting on with life with that shiny new hip!
 
Great stuff Graham, it's fab to hear how well you are doing and I know exactly what you mean about your new hip being the only part of you that doesn't ache...how ironic eh but brilliant :)

Take care

Ann
 
Hi GrahamDee Sounds like your hip surgery was a big success but a what a shame that you are aching in other places.Its great to read how much walking you are doing now.I had my hip replaced a month ago and I am just beginning to feel the benefits I can't wait to be able to take long walks again so I am encouraged to read your 10 Month Report.
 
Fantastic update Graham.. I have spent some time on Jersey... I am envious!

So thrilled you were able to enjoy the gardens and I sure you have taken some fabulous photos..
 
Thanks for all the replies. To be honest, I never imagined what it would be like to live without my arthritis which I have had to put up with for many years. Today (making the most of the weather) I was at some stately manor walking around the grounds and woods and I must have walked miles and still had some more in me if time allowed. Unfortunatly the late Spring has meant a lot of flowers are not yet in bloom which has cramped my piccy-taking. I'm just about to lubricate my new hip with a large portion of Chinese Curry and a Pear Cider. :cheers:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Finally back home...
Here are some flowers for you, Graham. What a great update. So happy that you're doing so well, are pain free, and really enjoying yourself. God is great, life is good, and we're all so very lucky to have our new man made hips.

Take care and keep us updated. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Finally back home...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom