Guest viewing is limited

THR Finally back home...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @GrahamDee great to hear from you and I am thrilled you are getting on with life after THR! You have come a long way my friend. Well done! Enjoy Florida!
 
Graham, our minds think in tandem. I'm going back to DW in August with the next granddaughter in line. We both know how to enjoy our new hips. :)

Sharon
 
Hi Sharon I remember reading your good report from Your trip to Disneyland with your other grand daughter a couple of years back.I am sure you will both have a great time.If you get time please let us know about the trip and how your hips felt this time.
 
Hi Graham, I'm so happy you're still doing so well. You too, @sharonslp and I hope you both enjoy your trips to Disney World.
I'm still doing great, no problems at all with the new hip. I'm now volunteering at the zoo as well as the state park, so staying busy.
 
I thought I would drift back here and write a little catch-up on where I am.

I can't believe I am three years six and six months post op. It's frightening to think where all the time has gone as it seems it just happened a few months ago.

Well, it's still inside me and working wonders and life has continued it's merry way as I am creeping towards retirement age...although I have a few years left to go before that happens. Just before last Christmas was yet another trip to Florida and spent the whole time walking and eating. However - the main reason to write here - is I am getting severe pains in my other good hip. It looks like I could be becoming arthritic again, as I am starting to show all the symptoms, but in my left side. I have not yet been to the doctors yet or had any diagnosis, as it's not constant, but occasionally something will trigger it and I spend the rest of the day with a pronounced limp with mental images of ending up back on the 'slab' again and the unpleasant weeks of yet another THR. Although when I had my other side done, they Xrayed my good side and said it was perfectly normal. Obviously, something has happened since then, because on occasion, it really hurts and whilst I was in the US, I was struggling to walk sometimes a little.

But for now, I'm going to wait and see what happens with it. I have a few other more pressing health issues which I need to deal with and I don't want to appear as a hypochondriac of sorts.
 
Hi Graham. Remember two things:
1. The second THR recovery can be COMPLETELY different from the first. Which means you could sail through it with a great deal more ease than the first time.

2. Second time around you know the ins and outs of the whole process. Mentally and emotionally it puts you in a better place.

So if your "worst fears"come to pass, and you have to become bilateral, you know that the pot of gold does exist at the end of the rainbow, and you know that you can handle it.

But there are also lots of reasons for pain to occur in the other hip. While the inexorable march of osteoarthritis may seem like the most likely reason, it's early in the game yet to know. In the meantime, good luck with whatever other health concerns you have. As we age....we all become somewhat hypochondriac. Hard to escape worrying about what lies ahead in the face of the insults of aging.

Sharon
 
I am getting severe pains in my other good hip. It looks like I could be becoming arthritic again, as I am starting to show all the symptoms, but in my left side.
I went through this same scenario last year. But this time I was very aggressive about getting my other hip replaced ASAP. This difference in recovery was like night and day. Only weeks versus over one year.

All the best @GrahamDee ! You know we are here when you need support!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom