On the positive side when the nurse found out I was recovering from a TKR she asked me to talk to her co-worker who is having a TKR soon. She asked me who had done my surgery and if I was happy with him (which I am other then the reluctance to provide pain meds) turns out she will be using the same surgeon. I'm pretty sure she is a new Bonesmartie as of tonight because I told her how much this site has meant to me. So much good information and the support of everyone on this forum has meant the world to me. Thank you BoneSmart and all of you Bonesmarties that have supported me through my recovery. You have made my journey so much better then it could have been.
Not going to sweat it too much, if it means two weeks of lounging on the beach drinking umbrella drinks I think I can survive! 
The first 4 dives the knee was achy the whole time but after switching fin combinations around I found the right mix and my knee was happy on all the dives after that. My youngest son (36) was able to join us for the week and we were excited to be able to share the island with him.
My knee still has cranky days and when I drive my van-pool I can count on a day I need to ice. Unfortunately my ice machine doesn't want to work after 3 weeks of inactivity.
It starts circulating but the water isn't moving after 2 minutes even though the pump is still running, looks like Amazon will get some more business from me, after a day when I know I've done a lot it still helps tremendously to ice overnight.