TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
:yay: :yay: such great news, especially on the steps! :shocked: :yay: :yay: I'm gonna have to bequeath my "Bionic Woman" title over to you. :wink: I did the stairs yesterday, definitely less eventful. Although, it took everything I had to keep from tumbling down them. :rotfl: My P/t and I had a good laugh when I almost put "the good leg" down first... She said very calmly, "that would be a mistake." We then :rofsign: (in theory anyway)

I'm glad things are going so well for you. After flying all around sprinkling Pixie Dust, it's only right some should be sprinkled on you. :angel:
 
Super update!!! Congrats on your excellent progress in your rehab! Mine is going pretty good, as usual wish it was progressing quicker. But as I learned with my first TKR in Feb..... The "knee calls the shots"........ :)
 
Hello, TF. Glad things are going well for you. Uneventful is good! My, My, but things have picked up here on the forum. I used to come here for information and support, now I visit some threads when I need a laugh. You have some good company!
Take Care.
 
Thank you everyone for your lovely posts.
BionicWoman2 I think you should keep your title, I don't think I can live up to that! You are doing marvellously.

amab glad to hear you are having a good second recovery. It's amazing how both knees are different.

Thank you leejaa I hope things are going well for you too, I will pop over to your post shortly.

Hi Ready I agree, it's quite entertaining round here at the moment. Glad that you are doing well, enjoy the weekend.

Thank you Maria daughter stalker, have a happy and restful weekend,

Hugs, Toothfairy x :happydance: :yay:
 
TF - You're doing great. I had my RTKR on 20th February and still don't do downstairs properly. Just a few setbacks, but hopefully, we will all get there.

Kudo's to you.

Dorotjy
 
Thank you Dorothy turtle68
We all travel our own journey. I have been very fortunate indeed.
I have a good bend in both knees and that is what is allowing me to do the stairs.
We all get there in our own knees time.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend, hugs,
Toothfairy x :wink:
 
Hi Toothfairy I hope you are continuing to do well. Just dropping in to say hi!


Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi Toothfairy, seems a lot of people are away at the moment. Its surprising how quickly you miss them. I am going away for a couple of days in mid October. It will be the first time I have been off home ground since my op. I am using it as a sort of trial. If all goes well it means that next time it could be 3 days and so on. We're going to a hotel near Arundel. Its only about 1.5 hours away, so not too long a journey.

I'll take my own pillows and I'll also take my foot rest. Thought about my high wash seat as well, but hey it starts to get ridiculous. If I'm not careful we'll need to arrive in a medium sized van rather than the car.

You doing OK? Carol
 
Good morning Carol patient 99
Lovely to get your post. I am doing ok thanks.
I have had a few days of feeling a bit under the weather. Nothing specific, just tired and a bit icky.
I think it is just my body telling me I have been doing too much.
My knees have also been a bit stiff. The tight band has returned to my left knee, just a little. My right knee has been quite stiff.
I have cut back on my exercise bike as I was getting a bit carried away and had increased to 15 minutes three times a day.
I've cut back to 10.
I have tried resting a bit more but I find if I sit too long I just get very stiff. Do you find that you stiffen up with more sitting?
I find it's a balancing act between not overdoing the exercise and not sitting to long.
Your trip away sounds nice. I hope you have a lovely time and enjoy the change of scene.
Have a great day,
Toothfairy x :wink:
 
Hi TF something I've been meaning to say. The other day you said you had written a long message and then lost it. Just in case you don't know. If you press ctrl Z you can often get the message back - not always and it depends on how long you leave it, but it works 7 times out of 10.

Also if you are in the middle of a long message and have to leave it if you press ctrl C it will copy the message. When you return if you press ctrl V it will return the message.

You probably know all this. But it just MAY come in useful now that the save facility on BS has stopped working. Carol

ps as always thank you for your good wishes - especially as you are just out of hospital.
 
Hi TF just dropping in to say hope you've been resting those knees of yours this weekend. Have you got any exciting plans for the week ahead. I've finished helping Gary decorate Laura's room but stayed clear if the step ladders. She's having wooden flooring and a beautiful new white bed. The rest of the room is pale lilac. Bathroom next then we are done. Have to find something else to do. How's your knitting coming on. I think I will try to knit an Arron cardigan for Robyn. Sending you hugs and rest those knees.
 
Hi daughter stalker thank you for dropping by. I am doing well thanks. I had a good report at physio today. She is very pleased with my progress. I am now at 125 bend in my right knee and full extension. I am very pleased. I am now cleared to walk without my crutch unless I am having a bad day or walking particularly far.
She has also suggested that I only need to do two sets of reps each day as I am walking most days and on my exercise bike every day.
I am very lucky.
Hope things are going well for you,
Hugs Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :yay:
 
Hello Pat robynhood
Confession time, I have not been resting much this weekend. :no-fin:
The weather has been so lovely and it has been too tempting to go out and about.
I had my first trip to the cinema on Friday afternoon when we went to see Sunshine on Leith.
The cinema we went to is very comfortable and I had a seat with lots of leg room so I was comfortable.
That is the first time at the cinema since before knee one.
Saturday we had a nice walk locally and yesterday a walk at the seaside.
Today I had physio and then a nice lunch out to celebrate my good physio report. ( any excuse to be honest!!!)

I am feeling well and I between gadding around I am taking it easy.
I have no more plans for the rest of the week. Time to behave and get on with my knitting.
I have finished the back and front and am on the sleeves, I need to crack on with them.
Maybe tomorrow.
Laura's room sounds just gorgeous. I am very pleased to hear you are staying clear of step ladders!!! I should think so.
You are really busy with all your decorating. I think its great that you are doing something that will make you feel good as well as making your house even more beautiful.
Take care and look after yourself, hugs, Toothfairy x :friends: :bicycle2:
 
Toothfairy. Great results. Well done you. Good to see the knitting needles are out. You've made some wonderful things while having your TKR's. So good to see how well you're doing. Take care. Jenny:puppysmooze:
 
Progress is still good, I am getting impatient and keep reminding myself that I am still only 6weeks post op.
I was discharged from physio this week. It is another milestone but also slightly scary to be cast adrift and left to get on with it.
I am starting to forget to take my pain pills. Not always a good idea as I then get a stern reminder from my knee.
I sat in my road bike this week, I can rotate the pedals but have not been out on it yet. I have increased my exercise bike to a 30 minute session in the morning and am now very slowly increasing the resistance.
I am starting to think about going back to work. It will be a few weeks yet but I hope to use the time to get my Christmas shopping done and Christmas cakes baked so I don't have to think about these things when I go back to work. That's the theory anyway.
Hope everyone is progressing well,
Toothfairy x :happydance: :dancy: :bicycle2:
 
How wonderful. You are doing great and now have shiny new knees to take shopping and bake. :) :flwrysmile:
 
Hi TF sounds like Groundhog Day. Exactly what I was doing this time last year. Did most of my Christmas shopping online. Didnt trust the husband for girlie things for daughters. Glad youre resting and I'm going to be Mrs Sensible voice on your shoulder saying Hold On. Not too much cycling and slow down on your exercises. Ok. I wrote on the thread when I was 52 weeks post op but the actual date October 13th went by without me even thinking about it. I guess thats a good sign. Started a lovely Arran for Robyn a change from my x stitch. Have to concentrate on this new pattern tho. Sending hugs. Take care
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom