Guest viewing is limited

TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stopping by to say Hello. Hoping you're doing well, cake looks good!
Sue:yay:
 
Thanks Sue, it's just a very simple decoration. I have made one for my parents and my parents in law.
I didn't realise when I made them one 32 years ago that it was going to become an annual event.
Hope you are feeling well today.
Sending you a hug,
Toothfairy x :bicycle2: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Toothfairy. So good to see how well you're recovering and that your 2 new knees are working as a team. Hard to believe you're almost ready to go back to work again. I hope your working environment is a bit better when you get back. Hopefully there will be a bit of Christmas spirit lurking in the passages to make it a happier place to be. Well done on the cakes. Looks great. When I was first married (oh such a long time ago!!!) I did a cake icing and decorating course. It was the best thing I could have done. I never got too serious about it, although I was in the beginning, but then family took over and I lost flower moulding skills etc. But I've used the moulding icing to ice my Christmas cake every year for 30+ years now. It's lovely to hear you put marzipan on your cake before icing. I hear you say "but isn't that how all Christmas cakes are done"? Well NO actually, not in Australia. I have British background and that's how I have forever eaten Xmas cake with a layer of marzipan. When we first came to Australia (from Zimbabwe) I went in search of marzipan to ice my first Xmas cake. I got some funny looks, they did not have a clue what I was talking about. Thankfully a lady was next to me when I was asking the question for the 100th time if they had marzipan and she said, "you must be English, we don't ice our cakes with marzipan here, but you can buy what they call almond paste". So my cakes continue to have marzipan on them, only it's called almond paste. I did for some years manage to buy marzipan which was made in Denmark I think, but it cost me an arm and a leg to buy a couple of tubes of it. I absolutely love the taste you get when you eat your Xmas cake with the layer of marzipan, then the icing. Yummo. Last year I ran out of time to make the Christmas cake, so I bought a LIONS charity cake. I don't normally like to have a bought cake because I don't like the amount of peel they put into them, and I tend to make up my own fruit mixture and leave a lot of the peel out. BUT the LIONS one doesn't have a lot of peel in it and on the few occasions I have bought one we've all enjoyed it. I doctor it of course for a couple of weeks with a mixture of brandy, whisky and rum before icing. Love Christmastime. So looking forward to our holiday which is creeping up to see what it's like in London and Paris leading up to Christmas. I know it'll be cold and probably wet, but not to worry. I think I've rambled on enough so will end off for now. Keep on keeping on, you're doing such a great job second time round. Take care. Jenny :friends:
 
Hi TF. Just been for my third blood test this morning and I'm totally confused? Apparently t the first fasting blood test I did came back as sugar levels were LOWER not higher in the second test. That is impossible with a glucose drink. Even so I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetess from those results which I find totally amazing. If I hadn't asked for a second blood test I would be on Metformin now and I might not even be diabetic. What is happening to our NHS. Hopefully by Wednesday when I get the last results thru I will know for definite. What a start to the week. Nothing to eat or drink from ten o'clock last night and it will be noon today before I have my first drink. Hope you're having a better Monday than me.
 
:kittykiss: :) Hi Pat @ robynhood.
Sorry I didn't reply yesterday. I'm away at the moment and have limited internet access.
How very confusing. Fingers crossed that you are not diabetic.
Just as well you are switched on. I will watch out for tomorrow's results.
Hope your Tuesday is better than your Monday!
Hugs,
Toothfairy x
 
WOW Toothfairy had to search for ten minutes looking for your thread. I didn't want to miss saying :mer xm: to my very special friend on Bonesmart. Your kind words are always a comfort and have certainly helped me so much this year on recovery and personal problems. Thank you so much and I wish you and your lovely family a Very Happy New Year too. Hope you get to see your lovely grandchildren too. Sending you xtra special Hugs :huggy santa::huggy santa:
 
Hi@Tooth fairy Just stopping by to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful happy New Year hope you are doing great and that all is going well. Hope you are not having bad weather so many trees have been damaged here so much ice. Lots of clean up over 250,000 people here are still without power we are so lucky to still have ours. Wishing you a wonderful holiday. Holly:mer xm::huggy santa::huggy santa:
 
Thank you Pat @robynhood
What a lovely post, it's greatly appreciated. You have been very supportive to me too and it is greatly appreciated. :friends::friends:
It's a long haul this recovery and the support on this forum is wonderful.
I will not see my grandchildren till 27th but then they will be staying for a week which will be lovely. It will be a quiet Christmas followed by a joyful pandemonium.
Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy 2014
Hugs Toothfairy x :santa::xmas-merry:
 
Thank you Holly @lavender for your thoughtful post. The weather is very bad here at the moment but I am safe
and warm at home.
I am doing well, coping with being back at work but I am glad that I am now off till 6th January.
Have a very happy Christmas and a happy and healthy 2014.
Hugs Toothfairy x
:xmas-tree::xmasdance::xmas-kitty:
 
:xmas-merry:Time for an update.
I am now 9months and three weeks after my first knee replacement and almost 4 months after my second knee replacement.
After each op I returned to work at 12-13 weeks post op and I have been back to work post knee 2 for four weeks now and have settled back into the routine.
My knees have been a bit more stiff and swollen since I went back but they are settling as the weeks go by.
Driving is getting easier. I'm doing less exercise since I went back to work but I still cycle on my exercise bike as often as I can manage and do my physio exercises on the days I don't work.
I had my first trip out on my road bike yesterday, I was quite nervous but it was lovely to be back on my bike and I really enjoyed my cycle round the block.
I have much more energy than I did before my knee replacement operations and although I am not fully healed I am already much better and happier than I was before the surgery.
Thank you to everyone who has given me so much support and encouragement on this journey. I really value and appreciate the support.
Happy Christmas to each and everyone of you and I wish you all a healthy and happy 2014,
Hugs Toothfairy x :santa sleigh::xmas-tree:
 
Joyful pandemonium - I love that TF


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Why thank you Pat @robynhood, I thought it summed it up quite nicely!
Feel free to make it your own!
Hugs Toothfairy x
 
Well what an encouraging update on your knees. Sounds like you are making tremendous progress. Well done you. Life certainly is getting better isn't it?
Have a wonderful Christmas and happy, healthy 2014.
:mer xm: Lots of love Speedy2:xmas-tree:
 
Merry Christmas TF!!
Sorry not been here, just recovering from gallbladder surgery!! Hope you have a happy healthy New Year!! X x
 
Merry Christmas @jetthugger
Lovely to hear from you. What a lovely surprise. Gall bladder surgery sounds nasty. I hope you are recovering well.
How is your knee doing?
Have a lovely Christmas,
Hugs, Toothfairy x
 
Merry Christmas!!!!!!

:santa sleigh:
 
Happy Christmas and a very happy and healthy 2014 to all my BS friends and family.
This year I have gained two new knees but so much more with the friendship and support on this forum, thank you everyone.
Toothfairy x
:mer xm::santa::xmas-tree:
 
...and a very Happy Healthy Christmas to you to.
Look forward to 2014 when our knees will bring us a new life.
Big Hugs
Speedy2
:mer xm::xmasdance:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust
bottomshollow
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom