TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bicycle1:
Today I went on my first proper cycle ride with two new knees.
What a revelation. I was amazed by how smoothly my knees moved as the pedals revolved.
Only now do I fully realise how creaky my old knees were.
I am so grateful to have these wonderful new knees.
It was only a short trip to the local town for a wander and a coffee then a gentle cycle back, about 12 miles in all but I feel so lucky.
I'm a bit stiff now but it was worth it. Here's to new knees and broadening of horizons for the coming year.
Happy Toothfairy x :bicycle2:
 
:bicycle1:
Today I went on my first proper cycle ride with two new knees.
What a revelation. I was amazed by how smoothly my knees moved as the pedals revolved.
Only now do I fully realise how creaky my old knees were.
I am so grateful to have these wonderful new knees.
It was only a short trip to the local town for a wander and a coffee then a gentle cycle back, about 12 miles in all but I feel so lucky.
I'm a bit stiff now but it was worth it. Here's to new knees and broadening of horizons for the coming year.
Happy Toothfairy x :bicycle2:
 
12 miles that's amazing! I think you need to be nominated for the next Olympics.
You and your knees are obviously doing incredibly well - good for you!:bicycle1:
Take care Toothfairy
Big hugs
Speedy2
 
You are doing great! You are so right 2 new knees are wonderful. I have been thinking about pulling out the bike and riding in to Gibsons, about 5 KM. from here. It is quite hilly and I want my hubby available to call if I get into trouble but I am figuring soon. It would be nice to take Jazz:puppysmooze: for a run one day with me on the bike... she is a young border collie and has so much energy. It is impossible to give her enough exercise. I am sure she would love that besides we are both getting fat(ter). :heehee: It has been many years since I was able.
Take care, I am off to get dressed and go out and work in the yard for a couple hours.... while the weather is still agreeable. :whistle:
 
:yay::friends::happydance:Hi @Toothfairy What wonderful news about your adventure on your bike. Must have felt really nice to get out and riding around. Before we bought our car my husband and I spent a summer riding around on our bikes went everywhere on them put a lot of miles riding on the bikes but now haven't rode for quite a while probably 3 years. You have done so amazingly well and your outlook has been so nice to read. I have been having baths lately. Really didn't think I would be able to do this again. Not afraid now to get out and so far so good. I find the hot water seems to relax my leg and more flexible when I get out it has been more stiff lately and the baths help. I am happy that you are doing great and it is a pleasure to read your posts. Hope things just keep getting better for you. Looking forward to the spring no more heavy coats and back to the park to see our feathered friends. Seeing the surgeon in April and maybe around the same time having my left leg operated on. Have a wonderful week Toothfairy Holly
 
Hello @Fernie
Happy belated first anniversary. I hope your knee is doing well and that you are pleased with it,
Hugs, Toothfairy x
 
Hi @Toothfairy just been catching up with your thread and all I can say is OMG! You are fantastic and getting on so well -I am so glad for you you are so supportive to so many and it is great to hear how well you are doing x

Shortie x
 
Hello, time to post that momentous happy akneeversary post. It will be one year tomorrow since I had knee one replaced and six months since knee two.
I am very pleased with both of them and have no regrets.
Are they perfect? No. I still get a bit stiff and sore when I have been overdoing things and still have the tight band feeling which gets worse if I overdo things but they are so incredibly better than before my replacements.
I know that are gradually getting better and better. I can do so many things that I just wasn't doing before I had my knees replaced. I can even kneel although I prefer to kneel on a cushion.
Hooray for knee replacement surgery.
Thank you to everyone on Bonesmart, it has been wonderful to have such amazing support on this momentous journey. I have made some wonderful friends and been inspired by amazing stories. I have laughed, cried, celebrated and commiserated with BS buddies and I have always known that no matter what the query or what the time there would always be someone there for me. It is an amazing forum and I just cannot imagine what this journey would have been like without you all,
Thank you, you are all incredible people.
Hugs Toothfairy xxxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am so pleased to hear your lovely post. You have been one of the most caring, helpful considerate people on this forum. I've lost count of the times you have replied to one of my self pitying whiney posts with such patience and not a hint of "get on with it" always saying the right thing to make me feel better and put a smile on my face. So its good to hear things are progressing well with both your knees. I thought you were so brave to have knee number 2 done so quickly after the first but looking back it was so sensible. You are just not a wimp like me. I will put it off as long as I can. I have actually tried to kneel with TKR knee but didnt like the feeling at all. Here's wishing you many happy miles cycling, many hours enjoying your family and many many happy days with your new knees. Its a pleasure to have met you on this form. Spreading your fairy dust all over Bone Smart.
 
Congratulatons on your year one anninversary..nice to hear that your life is being lived to the fullest once again thanks to the new knees :bicycle1:.
It's interesting to look back and appreciate how far we have come and just how much we have learned about ourselves and others as we've travelled the joint replacement journey. TF you have been an inspiration but also a great companion as we undertook the Tour de Bonesmartie a year ago...so many hill climbs and exhilarating downhills, so many times as a team we were able to hep one another through the tough times.

My gratitude to you and Fernie, Amab and so many others as well as our trainers 'the wise ones' who share so freely their knowledge is immeasurable. The forum members we have met remind us that the journey goes on way past anniversary number one and for everyone who comes here to share and chat there will always be that special bond that grows between those who 'really do know what joint replacement surgery is truly about'.

Take care dear friend enjoy your well deserved celebration...:flwrysmile::martini:

hugs Gami :friends::yes!::ok:
 
@Toothfairy,
[Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust
your
[Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust
. It's wonderful to know that things have turned out so well and are still improving. So that those two new man-made, pain-free knees out on the town and
[Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust
! Take care and keep us updated. You know we care!
 
:cheers::spin::)Hi Toothfairy Congratulations on your one year anniversary! I agree you are a truly wonderful person. Your letters are like a breath of fresh air and so thankful for the kindness you have shown to me. I will be celebrating mine on April 26th hard to believe how fast the time has gone. Wishing you a wonderful day and a lovely week. Holly:tada::yay::SUNsmile:
 
Hi Toothfairy, Congratulations on your 1 year kneeversary. You have been such an inspiration to so many on this forum. Also happy to hear your daughter and family have moved closer. Enjoy.

Dorothy
 
Dear Pat @robynhood thank you s much for your lovely comments. I really appreciate them. I must however say that you offered me lots of very special support too and have helped me in so many ways. It has been greatly appreciated.You will always be a special BS friend.
Thank you @gami it was so good to have some travelling companions on the journey and beyond. We had some laughs and there was a lot of mutual support. It has been a privilege to 'meet' people from all over the world that in the normal course of events I never would have encountered.
You are so right, we were a good team. Thanks to everyone we have made it through to the other side and regained our lives. While we might not get on here so often it is really good to drop by and catch up and sometimes even offer some support and hope to others.
I hope you are still doing brilliantly,
Thank you @bottomshollow for all your support and for the lovely avatar which I have kept as it is so'right' and for my post op title. I hope things are well with you and yours.
Thank you @1ELISEA it is lovely to be able to pop back and give a good report.
I have been so very lucky with both my TKR ops.
Dear @lavender thank you so much, you are such a thoughtful and caring person. I will catch up with your thread soon, take care,
Hi Dorothy @turtle68 thank you, it has been a privilege to share your journey. I will try to keep up with you all as time permits.
I just love Bonesmart, the thought of having to do this journey alone doesn't bear thinking about. Thank you everyone and also to my dear friend @speedy2
hugs Toothfairy x
 
Congratulations and good luck. You have been very inspiring to others like me who are behind you - just 3 months out with second needing to be done this year. Your timeline is very much like mine will be. I have really enjoyed your honesty with your recovery. I too hope I do as well as you after a year! Happy Anniversary!
 
Thank you @Jozilla
It is so good to know that my posts have been useful. You are still early in your recovery from knee one.
I will pop over to your thread and catch up,
Hope all is going well with you,
Hugs, Toothfairy x
 
Thank you Maria,
I hope everything is going well for you too.
Hugs,
Toothfairy x
 
Hi @Toothfairy Sorry I'm a bit late posting a Happy 1st year Knee Anniversary. I can't believe how much has happened in your life this past year. It has been an incredible journey, and you have done amazingly well, right from day one with your first knee. I so enjoyed my journey with you and my other bonesmartie friends. Life has been busy and I don't get back to post as often as I'd like to, but I am so grateful to have found you all. Life was so much better going through TKR with people who were going through the same. We are all so lucky to have this forum, I know I would have been lost without it. Congratulations to you and your knees, and here's to a lot of very happy years ahead - pain free. Take care. Jenny:martini::cheers:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom