TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning TF
great to catch up with all the good recovery chat and to know you are all doing well. I've been away for a few weeks welcoming our new grandson Connor into to World on the 30th September...an absolutely wonderful time. Mum and bub are both doing really well but I must admit after babysitting 4grandchildren my husband and I came home for a well earned rest. :cheers: . Old knee gave me a few sleepless night after I twisted it doing some high energy activity with the little ones, new knee no dramas. I thought it would be a visit to the specialist when I came home but my anxiety by thinking of you and your two new knees...this forum and the friends we have made are quite an inspiration.
However knee has settled I'm back into regular gym work, which includes sessions on the bike and the rower and have even ventured into the pool for a swim...already missing the new bub, but unless needed we probably wont do another trip to the city until Christmas.
You are doing so well TF lovely to read your posts.

hugs Gami:friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Lee leejaa and Pat robynhood , lovely to get your messages.
Like you Pat I will be doing virtually all the Christmas shopping online. I have done that for the past couple of years.
I will not be on my outside bike for a while but I have the blessing of my physio to do 30 minute sessions on my exercise bike and she has suggested increasing the resistance. I have only increased it from 1 to 2 and think it will be a while before I venture any further.
I did a bit of cooking today, only throwing together a bolognese and did a little ironing but I was glad to sit down after that with my friendly ice pack.
Quiet day tomorrow as my husband is out and I will be home alone. Catching up with resting and knitting.
Take care,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :bicycle2: :flwrysmile:
 
I did a bit of cooking today, only throwing together a bolognese and did a little ironing but I was glad to sit down after that with my friendly ice pack.

Yum! I'll be right over... :bicycle2: Glad you're able to get back in the kitchen if only for a little while. I want to make my physical therapist some triple chocolate cupcakes since she's been so sweet. Tomorrow's her last day. :cry: Unfortunately, I've done my one thing for today and that was go to the grocery store to get the supplies needed to bake the cupcakes. :shrug: We'll see..... I've been resting, icing and elevating since I got back. I'm gonna snooze for a minute and access my kneesability after that.

Have a good night and sprinkle some pixie dust my way when you get a chance. :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Tooth Fairyyyyy... :bicycle2:

Just passing through to check on your progress lady. Hope all is going well. :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Bionic woman2
Thank you for dropping by.
I am doing really well thank you. I feel as though I have turned a corner this week.
I suddenly have more energy and am able to do a bit more.
I have been busy getting my Christmas shopping done online and have been wrapping things as they arrive.
This is totally unlike me as I don't usually think about it till December but I feel that I need it done before I go back to work.
I have also made four Christmas cakes which are now waiting for their marzipan and icing. I did cheat a bit with them by buying some Christmas cake kits which come with the fruit pre-soaked in brandy and the dry ingredients weighted out.
They work out very much cheaper than buying everything separately and are good quality. It also saved a lot of standing time weighing and measuring. I am taking all the shortcuts I can this year.
I'm off to the doctors soon to get another doctors note for work and to discuss my return to work schedule. I am hoping to stay home till the end of November and aim to go back around 12-13 weeks like last time.
How are you doing? Take it easy.
Hugs
Toothfairy x :bicycle2: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Toothfairy,
Thought i'd drop by yours for a change! Glad to see that you are feeling you've turned a corner - great stuff.
And you've been so busy buying and wrapping. I've also bought quite a few things online but unlike you haven't wrapped them - it's a job I hate! I intend to buy bags to put everything in if i can. I have sat today and wrote most of my Christmas cards and can see how may more I need to buy. (Don't think there will be much energy for this once back at work). I must say I feel a little mean as some cards wont get sent this year as the postage is so expensive and there are many that, other than Christmas cards, we have lost touch with. I might get a guilty conscience before then!:what:

Interesting to hear about your return to work. I was discussing this with a colleague the other day. My 'fitnote' was given at the beginning, just after op, until the end of Nov - I thought i'd be back way before then but now not sure? Quite a scary thought.

I can just smell those Christmas cakes ummmmmmmmmmm. Haven't even thought about that yet. You are so organised. Well done you.

Have a great 'knee' day

Keep up the good work and hope your appointment with doctors went well.

Hugs
Speedy2:flwrysmile:
 
Toothfairy, your return to work sounds so good to me. Unfortunately, I am returning next week and am dreading it as I know it will exhaust me but have no choice.

So smart of you to get your Christmas tasks done so you are not stressed when you return to work and can make sure you rest more. The cakes sound delicious and how smart of you to buy some of the ingredients pre measured.

Have a great day.
 
Hi Toothfairy, I baked a cake as well and sat down for the sifting etc. I have dinner guest coming tomorrow. :yay: So enjoying being back in the kitchen. I'm breaking everything down into smaller tasks. Icing and elevating is like one of the steps in the recipe. I don't want my guests to have to bring the dining room table into my room, so I can have my dinner in bed. :rotfl:

Wishing you pleasant dreams and a great day upon awaking!
 
Hi TF how are you. Hope you're getting things organized for Christmas. I know youre quite organized. I'm going shopping with Karlea tomorrow. Its nice not to dread it and hopefully enjoy it. Used to be a nightmare before TKR. Things haven't improved on the family front. Nothing changed. Poor Robyn seems to be feeling the effects. Her childminder has refused to look after her because she keeps smacking the other kids which isn't like her at all. I do worry about her. Hope everything is well with you. We don't seem to get on the forum as much these days but I guess thats a good sign. Sending you hugs x x
 
Well shopping was a great success and what made it even better for me was nobody asked when I got home how my knee was. That's the first time ever for as long as I can remember. Its nice now my whole life dosent revolve around my knee, I LOVE IT :yay: :yay: :yay:
 
Hi TF, Just checking in to say hi. It sounds as though you're recovery is coming along nicely. Have you been swimming lately? I know you really did a lot of that after your first TKR.

Take care and keep on spreading that good fairy dust.

Hugs, Dorothy
 
[Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust
Happy all is well with second recovery. Take care and keep us posted 'cause you know we care!
 
Hello, time for an update.
Knees one and two are doing well and are becoming a team.
I had a good report from my consultant last week and am now cleared to drive.
I have driven and managed fine but wouldn't want to drive too far just yet as my right knee still gets tired and a little stiff.
I had my first major solo outing today. I drove into town (only 5 miles) walked to the hairdressers, (10 minute stroll), had my hair done then came home after a brief detour to pick up a click and collect item in my local M&S. I was ready to come home by then and have spent the afternoon sitting with my feet up and an ice pack on my knees. I am glad I still have a couple of weeks before my return to work. It looks like 26th November will be the first day back.
10 weeks today for knee two, I am so pleased with the outcome so far and know it will just keep getting better.
Hugs to everyone,
Tired but happy Toothfairy x :bicycle2: :flwrysmile:
 
Haven't you done well?:yay: :yay: :yay: Quite an expedition.
How lovely to do normal things though isn't it?
Keep up the good work, you are doing so well - don't overdo it though!!!
Big hugs
:flwrysmile:
 
Thanks speedy2
I am really tired tonight. I finished the day off by putting a simple marzipan and icing topping on two Christmas cakes to take north when we go to visit the family on Saturday. Bed shortly.
I hope you have had a good day. How is it going? Was it today you saw the consultant?
Hugs,
Toothfairy x :bicycle2: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi TF, Sounds like you are ready for a good night's rest and that you're recovery is moving along. The Chrismas Cakes sound wonderful. Enjoy your visit with your family,

Hugs, Dorothy :yay:
 
Thanks Dorothy turtle68
How are you doing? I hope things are progressing well for you. Here is a photo of one of the cakes. Just very simple.
Hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :egypdance:
[Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust
 
The cake looks yummy. Doing well here, busy getting ready to move into our new home next week., and tend to feel overwhelmed from time to time but we will get through it.

Hugs Dorothy :angel: :happydance: :dancy:
 
Hi Dorothy turtle68,
Thank you. It's a big thing moving into your new home. No wonder you feel overwhelmed. I hope it all goes well for you. It will be so lovely once you are in and settled.
Good luck for a smooth move,
Hugs
Toothfairy xx :yes: :yes!:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom