Guest viewing is limited

TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Toothfairy, so happy to hear you're doing so well. Take care and have a great weekend.

Dorothy :angel:
 
Hi TF. Hope youre ok and still recovering well. Have a great weekend but don't overdue it. Hugs x x
 
Hi Toothfairy. How I miss my days chatting to my Bonesmartie friends. Dreaded work has taken over and life is back to normal again. Anyway, I needed to see how you were doing so am having a quick check and see you're doing really well. So glad to see. Heidi hasn't got long to go for her second knee, and then there will be nothing stopping you both from having a great life with your pain free knees. Take care and keep up the good work. Jenny:puppysmooze:
 
TF havent heard from you for a few days on the forum. Hope youre ok and just taking a break. I'm having a very restful weekend and it's been nice up to now. My knee is recovering now from my fall and is back to where it was. With my 12 month anniversary coming up I have noticed it has recovered more in the last few months and I a. Pleased to where I am now despite the ups and downs of this journey. And no I wouldn't recommend a fall to encourage recovery as patient 99 said on her thread. All in all am very pleased and I think you are very brave having op number 2 so near to number one. Your attitude has always been so very positive so I'm sure you will up and about soon. I heard some bad news today from a friend and it always make you appreciate your health and makes you quite reflective. Hope you are ok and sending you hugs and hope to hear from you soon.
 
Hello everyone, thank you for all your lovely posts.
It's so encouraging to read everyone's comments and good wishes.
I hope everyone is well and having a great weekend.
I am plodding on. I have to keep reminding myself that I am only just over three weeks out from my surgery. Somehow it feels like much longer.
I have been very tired the past few days. I think the interrupted nights plus starting to be a bit more active are tiring me out so I have been spending a lot of time sitting reading and generally relaxing.
I have been out and about a bit for trips to tea rooms, coffee shops and for short walks. It does me so much good to be out but then I find I am tired. I haven't quite got the balance right yet. I am still heading for bed by about 08:30 every night and while I am usually awake at a reasonable time I loiter in bed just reading and relaxing till late morning.
I think it might be time to start on my daily multivitamins again.

Hope work is still going well Ready and that your knees are behaving themselves despite your hectic schedule.

I will pop over to your thread leejaa and see how you are doing with knee two. Hope it's still going well.

How are things going for you SadKnee, I laugh every time I see your icon, I hope life is good.

Hi Dorothy@turtle68 I am glad to see you are feeling a bit brighter, dinner sounds yummy.

You have a great day too daughter stalker and then fingers crossed for lots of sweet dreams later.

Hi Jenny kimejen how lovely to read your post. It does get very difficult to keep up with BS once you come out of the bonesmart bubble and engage with real life again. How is your knee feeling at almost 6months post op? How is that beautiful grand baby coming along?

Hello Pat robynhood. I am so pleased to hear that your knee is back to normal. I have been so tired and feeling a bit icky for the past few days. Nothing concrete just vaguely off colour. Not much energy. I think I have just been overdoing it a bit and forgetting that I am only three weeks post major surgery. My body has just made me rest for a few days.
It is really encouraging that you are still having progress with your knee. Although I have been very lucky with my recoveries I am pleased to know that I can still expect more improvements for the next six months for knee one.
Thank you for the hug, greatly appreciated and sending you one back,

Happy week to everyone,
Hugs
Toothfairy :SUNsmile: :friends:
 
It is asy to forget and do more or think you should be further along. It is a good thing you have realized what is going on and are taking the time to rest. You are doing great. It does seem easier with the second knee knowing what to watch out for and what can happen if we do not follow the mantra. Take care of yourself.
 
Toothfairy thanks for stopping by my thread today and sharing some words of wisdom. I appreciate you! I am glad to hear that you are doing well. Remember it will take time to build up your stamina but you will get there before you know it. Thanks for the sweet dreams for later.

Have a wonderful day! :flwrysmile:

Maria, ODIC President
 
Thank you Lee leejaa and Maria Daughter
Physio today went well. I now have a 115 bend, an improvement from last weeks 105. I am very pleased with that.
Didn't quite manage a straight knee today because of a bit of swelling but I am not worried as it has been straight on other days.
Another increase in the exercises today to keep me busy till my next appointment in two weeks time.
Exercise bike is now up to 8 minutes three times a day. When I reach 10 minutes three times a day I will stop increasing the time.
I am quite sore after my physio today so I am sitting with my feet up and an ice pack on my knee. Bliss. Time for the next pain meds in a minute. Hooray.
Have a great day everyone,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :happydance: :dancy:
 
Hi, TF. It's my weekly go-home-early night. Sorry to hear you have been a little off. Hopefully that will clear up with some rest and your vitamins. 3 weeks is VERY early, so take it easy!

I am enjoying being at work, spending all day outside. However, too much trying to run and demonstrate. I am not equipped to demo soccer skills and plays just yet, but am too stubborn/stupid, so I try anyway. I am pretty sore by the end of the day. Someday I will learn.

TAKE CARE!
 
Hi TF, Sounds like you're doing well. Been thinking of you - your ROM and extension sound perfect.

Dorothy
 
Thank you Ready, lovely to see your post.

Today's update.
I am feeling much better this week. :yahoo:
It was a glorious sunny day here yesterday so I went to the seaside with my husband. We had a lovely walk by the sea and then lunch in the sunshine. I walked far to far :no-fin: but had a wonderful time.
I have been taking it easier today. :whistle:
I am up to 10 minutes three times a day on my exercise bike. I am also doing more exercises from the physio. My knees are protesting at the new exercises but I know they will adjust as they strengthen. They both get a bit tight and tingly at the moment.
The good news is they always feel a lot better after a good nights sleep.
Tomorrow my husband will be out so it will be a quiet day at home catching up on here and with my knitting.
Hope everyone is well and having a kneesy day ( stolen your line Bionic woman2 :heehee: )
Hugs Toothfairy x :wink:
 
You're doing so well, and not even a month out :yes!:! Your day at the beach sounds so nice - we've had beautifal fall weather here as well. I was outside this afternoon with the dog doing some tidy up work in the yard, got the leaf blower out and cleaned the leaves off the deck and patio. Sat on the porch and ate an apple. My favorite time of year! (Left knee is complaining now of course but it can complain all it wants...it's days are numbered....:skep:)

Keep up the bike riding, I think that is the most therapeutic exercise we can do post TKR. Pre TKR too for that matter! I was on mine first thing this morning.

Heidi
 
Hello Heidi Baystater
Good to know you are having lovely weather too. Not so good here this evening so I am really pleased we made the most of the sun yesterday.
I totally agree with you about the exercise bike. I am sure that the time I spent on my exercise bike between knees has really helped me with this recovery.
Hi BionicWoman2 my seaside walk was wonderful. Fresh air and exercise and a sense of achievement. What more could I ask for? Well the bronzed god that sat with his shirt off at a table near us was a little bonus!
Hope everyone is well,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :ok: :snork:
 
Time for an update.
Things are going really well for me. :yahoo:
My left knee (1) is getting less stiff. My right knee(2) is bending well, becoming less stiff and I am now able to walk both up and down stairs normally. I have to concentrate when walking downstairs and I do go quite slowly but I can do it.
I am so lucky to be having such a smooth recovery.
I am doing all my stretches and exercises three times every day and still do a lot of resting, icing and elevating.
I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Grey and wet here so I think it will be resting and knitting today.
Hugs
Toothfairy x :bicycle2: :wink:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom