Hi Friends,
WARNING: Anxiety post incoming!
So, as you probably guessed from above, I am a nervous and stressed out mess. I had my pelvic MRI scheduled for the end of this month (the 30th) with a doctor’s visit to follow, but the imaging center had a cancellation. Now, I’m going in on Monday.
I’ve been fighting this battle between psoas and sports hernia for quite some time now. Undeniably, my pain has gotten better working with both the PT and chiropractor. But perhaps it is the umbrella term of “sports hernia” and not knowing exactly what that means that stresses me out the most.
To recap my major symptoms are:
- Psoas and iliopsoas pain and tightness
- Tenderness at the iliopsoas insertion
- Hip flexor spasms at night—sometimes 20 minutes at a time where I’m not able to lay on the hip.
- Clicking and snapping with rotation that is inconsistent, at best.
- Limping and the occasional trouble standing/walking.
- Localized tenderness on my right pubic bone, along the inguinal canal. This mostly gets better with rehab, but the tenderness hurts the most with pressing (no lump/bulge).
My adductor pain has gotten better with rehab as well, and my chiropractor (bless his soul!) thinks a sports hernia isn’t likely. Instead, we’ve been experimenting with different nerves the psoas can compress. On my last visit we tried traction on the back to release the psoas from that angle which seemed like a nice new change in direction.
So, I guess that’s it. I can’t fully explain or rationalize with myself why I’m terrified of getting this MRI done. The rabbit hole of groin pain on the internet is also hard to avoid.
I’ll be trying my best to self-care this weekend with my pup and Netflix and will hop back on as soon as I get my results.
Thanks for the support while reading.
