Guest viewing is limited

Hip Arthroscopy FAI Surgery Round Two—All Done!

Sammy-Am,
I didn't look back through your thread so please excuse if its been suggested, but wondering if you've considered HSS (Hospital for Special Surgery) which is the top rated orthopedic hospital in the country. They are located in NYC, with other east coast locations, but will review cases remotely. I will include the link. HERE
@Sammy-Am
 
Sammy-Am,
I didn't look back through your thread so please excuse if its been suggested, but wondering if you've considered HSS (Hospital for Special Surgery) which is the top rated orthopedic hospital in the country. They are located in NYC, with other east coast locations, but will review cases remotely. I will include the link. HERE
@Sammy-Am

Hi Layla,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have researched HSS, but a lot of their physicians are out of network with my insurance. I’ll continue to research and update with what progress I make.
 
Hi All,

Happy Friday! Just popping on with a quick update.

The work week was long, but overall I didn’t have too much pain in my abdomen or pubic area. Hip flexor pain has been a little touch and go this week, kind of concerning, but overall, I’m able to sit so much more easily at work than I used to.

I’ve been in contact with my surgeon all week, as originally he recommended Dr. Mark Zoland in NYC for an evaluation. He took the time to personally contact Dr. Zoland and get me a consultation discount—$250, as opposed to $605. If Dr. Zoland performed my surgery, even with insurance I would still be paying $10K+. Insurance would cover anesthesia and hospital fees, but the surgeon fees are not billed through insurance.

While I might consider a consultation at a later date, $250 is not in my budget, never mind $10K! And that doesn’t even include travel fees, transportation, etc.

While the hunt for a surgeon continues, I’ve also been dealing with some weird burning and numbness. It seems like it starts at the lowest hip crease (maybe my adductors or at the very least, the lowest part of the hip flexor) and goes down the inside of my leg to the inner part of my foot. I’ve also been getting top of foot burning and numbness also.

I spoke to my doctor about everything and he said that we’ll keep an eye on it. He said it would be odd if the burning in my foot was coming from the hip. For now, I’m just looking forward to a restful weekend a wishful snow day on Monday.

Take care.
 
I'm sorry to read that you have this new issue, @Sammy-Am. It just isn't fair when we have to deal with multiple problems all at once.

I'm also in the NY metro area and watching the forecast closely. The snow totals for Sunday afternoon keep going up, so let's hope we get that snow day on Monday!
 
Hi All,

It’s been quite a while since I last popped on! I’ve still been struggling quite a bit with depression and the exhaustion that goes with it, but I’m hoping that the veil will slowly begin to lift.

Since I was last here, I followed up with my orthopedic surgeon and I also traveled an hour to see a sports medicine physician that works with core muscle injuries.

Lately, I’ve been getting a lot of back pain, particularly on my lower left side and up the middle of my back. I’m working with my orthopedist on that and saw the “new” doctor to evaluate me for a sports hernia.

From what she could tell and after reviewing my operative reports, doing a hip exam, and putting me through various abdominal tests, she doesn’t believe I have a core muscle injury. She said that I have a great deal of weakness in the hip and tightness around my hip capsule can be causing the lingering and almost radiating pain. I was given a new diagnosis on my PT script (adductor tendinitis, psoas tendinitis, and low back pain), so we’re hoping I can get more PT visits to work through everything. She also suggested finding a PT who specializes in the hip and does dry needling, and said pelvic floor PT can also be helpful.

That was Dr. Megan Wolf in the CT area. I trust her judgement as she seemed knowledgeable and experienced. I can follow up with her in another 8 weeks if I choose to make the trek again.

At this point, I guess the next step for me is finding a general surgeon who can repair my inguinal hernia. Admittedly, while I trust Dr. Wolf, I am a tad bit concerned about the pubic pain. Nothing bothered me on examination or through the tests that she did, but this weekend I’m experiencing a horrible flare up. Inflammation is a possibility, but osteitis pubis doesn’t seem to exactly fit either, if that makes sense.

I see a new PCP next week and am going to get his recommendation for a general surgeon. My ortho recommended someone who is about an hour from me as well.

Stomach issues and constipation have also been wreaking havoc on me from being inactive for so long. I’m sure that in combination with the inguinal hernia isn’t helping my pubic pain either. I don’t feel like I have an abdominal tear at all, but I just want my pain journey to be over with. I follow up with my ortho in a few weeks in regards to my back pain as well.

Have a wonderful weekend.
 
Sorry you’re still dealing with all this and I hope you can find a way to get the hernia resolved soon. They can be serious if not treated. The therapy may help as well, but do be careful until that hernia is repaired.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom