TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear from you Sue. Hope youre not too bad over the two days. My heart goes out to you. Sending you lots of extra hugs to keep you warm xxxxxxxxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I have a CT scan on Christmas Eve to see whether the treatment is working , I don't expect they'll tell me there and then

Hi Sue, I know there are procedures, but the waiting can get you down. Of course I am the most impatient person on the planet, but even so. I have to wait until the 17 Jan to get the biopsy results on my skin cancer. If they wanted to I bet they could do it the same day. Ooops I forgot, tis the season to be jolly - I'll get jolly very shortly <chuckle>.

I see what you mean about NICE acting as a gatekeeper to treatment. So much comes down to money at the end of the day. I don't know if we are any better off with our NHS than our American friends. What do you think? Carol
 
Hi Dorothy saw you were on line and just wanted to say hello. I've just come back from a big supermarket shop and I think I've done every thing I need to prior to the big day - so bring on christmas I'm ready and waiting.xx C
 
Hi Carol, Good to hear from you. We, too, just came back from the Christmas shop at Costco, and two other supermarkets. Had to go all over for decent size mussels, which Jim is making tuscan style stuff muscles. Really tiring week, we had to have Einstein put to sleep yesterday, but he is in a much better place, just remembering all the happy times with him.

We're all ready for Christmas and looking forward to some quiet relaxing times with family and friends. :mer xm: :kitty chris: Dorothy and Einstein
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
    image.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 173
  • [Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
    image.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 168
HI CAROL WISHING YOU A :mer xm: AND LOTS OF WEALTH HEALTH AND HAPPINESS FOR 2014:reindeer::reindeer::reindeer:
 
@Toothfairy Hard to know what to wish you TF. Your excellent recovery is a given. And now you have both knees sorted you have come through it all with flying colours. So, what to wish you? You can never have too much happiness. So that's what I'll go for. I hope 2014 brings you nothing but happiness. Carol
 
Thank you Carol, your good wishes are greatly appreciated.
I hope you have a lovely Christmas and a happy and healthy 2014.
How is your head doing? I hope it's recovered well after your biopsy.
Stay safe and warm in this wild weather,
Hugs
Toothfairy x :xmas-merry::xmas-tree::snowman:
 
Thank you very much, Carol. Have a lovely Christmas.

:xmas candle::presnt: :xmas candle:
 
How is your head doing?

It seems to be doing OK. No infection, although I am having a job trying to hide the wound with my hair. I read something on the internet the other day which surprised me. It said NOT to let the biopsied area dry out. That healing was improved if you put vaseline on it.

The hospital told me nothing about after care and neither did the practice nurse when I went to have the wound checked. How did we ever manage before google?

I got a questionnaire from The Horder Centre (the place that did my TKR). It made me wonder why they wanted feedback at the 10 month stage. I hoped it wasn't that they thought I should be fully recovered. If I still have the tight band/torniquet in 2 months time I'm going to ask to see the OS.

Sorry TF to rabbit on about all my stuff. One night I went to bed and I was young and fit. The next morning I awoke to find I'd turned into an old crone. At least I don't have to be a dignified old crone (thankful for small mercies) :cheers2::martini::spin:Carol
 
I'm glad your head is healing. That is interesting about the Vaseline. As you say what did we do without the internet! Maybe it encourages laziness as they don't bother giving you any instructions knowing that you can google the answer. Tough for folks that don't have internet access.
Its a pity that it doesn't hide nicely under your hair. Very vexing for you.
It's interesting that you got a questionnaire. I've not had anything yet but will be interested to see if I do.
I already have a 1 year follow up appointment after knee two for next August but I don't have one for knee one yet which would be due in March.
Please don't apologise for anything, no need.
Any progress on the bespoke shoes?
Have a very merry and undignified Christmas,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :reindeer::xmas-tree:
 
Carol, thank you for your good wishes. Here's wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year. Can you borrow a hat from the Queen or Camilla to cover where you had the biopsy. (chuckle). And thank you for being such a good friend through this loooooooooong recovery. I wish you happy feet with the new shoes.

Hugs, Dorothy:mer xm:

:kitty chris: And this is from my dear sweet cat, Einstein, who is out there somewhere looking out for us. He loved Christmas when he was a kitty.:xmas candle:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom