TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations "Mrs Carol"!!!
I hope you had a fantastic day yesterday & maybe your now off to somewhere sunny & warm for your honeymoon?!!
Oh dear Doesn't look good that FINALLY after my long absence all I can do is MOAN & make this happy thread a "Woe is me" one
So, in a nutshell, my knee which is now 2 years & 5 months old, is a bit of a duffer. The nerve pain in my thigh did darn off eventually but night times are still the worse with not being able to bend or straighten it or have both legs resting together. I fall over frequently while walking the dogs ( and only occasionally can I put that down to one too many cold beers or glasses of wine on a sunny afternoon!) due to the knee not bending enough to step over things. However, I still have all my teeth so that's positive...isn't it?!!!
Basically, I know my limitations & being "British" I just get on with it!
Have only had a quick re-read through your thread but was very sad to see that you are still having problems
Maybe emigrating to warmer climes might help?!!
 
my knee which is now 2 years & 5 months old, is a bit of a duffer.

Hi Jaki , I had hoped to hear that eventually you had turned a corner. Reading between the lines it seems that you have decided just to live with it. Some days I think I will do that too, then I read posts where people have refused to settle for a bad outcome. They undergo key hole surgery or have revisions and it pays off. They get the knee they always hoped for.

Ages ago I said I wished my knee was worse than it is, so that `settling' would be out of the question. A crazy thing to wish I know, but it would give me a clear direction. As it is I really do find myself pulled in 2 different directions. Accept v Not Accept that is the question. When I next get an OS appointment I am going to see if he will agree to a blood test and a CT/bone scan. None of this puts my knee at risk and just might provide some definite answers - perhaps show if the problem is excessive scar tissue (as a couple of bonesmarties have suggested) or something else.

If this comes to nothing, then for my own sanity I think I have to put all my energy into learning to accept my knee for what it is/isn't and draw a line. Then its off to those warmer places you mentioned.

Hope you are enjoying your not so new house. Near Bognor if I remember right. Next time I'm in that neck of the woods I will look out for a falling over woman with all her teeth. xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom