...I feel guilty just reading your posts & mentioning me so fondly
Hi Jaki, mentioning how I'd missed you wasn't a
conscious attempt to encourage you back. The thing about BS is that there are no guilt trips, you opt in and out as it suits. Clearly what is uppermost in your mind is what you think is a trapped nerve . MRI scans can show trapped nerves. Might you consider having one? If it showed that that was the problem, then hopefully they could offer you a solution.
You mentioned a `large dose of depression'. Depression seems to mean a lot of different things to different people. To me it means losing hope, giving up the fight, not caring about anything or anyone, particularly yourself. It wouldn't take an specialist to understand how you might have got there. 13 months of pain is a lot to bear. Particularly when the support network gets tired/bored. When the clicheas like `you'll get there' `give it more time' start to grate and, importantly, when you yourself start to feel like a broken record. But I still detect a ray of optimism in your message. Assuming that's not you putting a brave public face on things, that would suggest you aren't beaten yet. And that ties in with the Jaki I know.
Most of us veterans are a bit short of cheery banter - another good reasons for giving us a swerve. But it is there if you look hard enough. Sue @
Dabber has had good news about the cancer. Dorothy @
turtle68 feels up to going on a cruise. @
speedy2 who you probably don't know (she's a mere 5 month post op) is now able to walk quite well. And then there's me. Bitter and twisted as ever. But I wont lift the lid on that can of worms - FOR THE MOMENT <chuckle>.
So good to hear from you. Carol
ps: hope you're still taking your liquid medication



