TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I hear someone say money? I'm in. Early trip to airport this morning so I think it's naptime already. Maybe I'll dream of a good slogan.

Dorothy
 
Come on ladies, rise to the challenge.
Did somebody say CHALLENGE!!! :happydance::egypdance::dancy::yay::happydance::egypdance::dancy::yay: No problem, Did I mention I'm a lyricist and a rapping educator? :rotfl: Oops, Now I gotta be good. :headbang: lol

WAIT! :umm:Who'll be the judge? :what: Josephine? What if she wants to play? :scratch:
 
turtle68,

I don't know what part of Texas you are from, but I love living in TX!:yahoo:My only wish is to swap the seasons of the north with our seasons and I would think I had died and gone to heaven! LOL:rotfl:
 
Like it Sue, If we all went together I bet we could get an even bigger discount - have 20 done get 9 free.
 
@Josep I was hoping you would be able to give me your opinion on how I'm doing. The fact that I am asking tells you I am concerned.

When I am resting I have no pain/discomfort. I have very little swelling. I take paracetemol when needed. Figures 0/ 90-120. I can only reach the 120 by gentle exercise. It quickly slips back to 90 plus. BMI 22. Walking remains slow, and frequently uncomfortable. On a pain score, if 10 is very painful, I would say my pain is 3. But by the end of the day walking can become very painful - 7, and I have to take to my bed. Cannot stand in queues as being stationary hurts as does turning. I tend to turn like a toy soldier. Still get very tired with even a small amount of activity. All exercising is gentle. I don't do much, but it has to be early in the day when my knee is at its best - 5 mins on pedals, bit of stretching, heel slides. Low ROM can be a problem eg, sitting in the car I can't always put my foot flat to the floor. (I've read the ROM articles and know it can still improve).

In short I still haven't got to the stage when I can forget about my knee (unless I'm asleep). It aches, the tight band kicks in regularly and by 6 - 7pm have to get off my feet because of the pain. I know it can take a year which means I have a whole 5 months to go. I've spoken to my GP who thinks I am on track (but she's a generalist ) What do you think? Does this all sound OK to you, or do you think I increasingly have something to be concerned about. At what stage would you be suggesting I seek a second opinion. Carol

ps: although OS decided against MUA I still wonder if scar tissue/adhesions is holding me back.
 
RestAssured - Of course I like living in Texas or I wouldn't be here. We live in Houston right now and spent the last 17 years NW of Houston. We're building a house in a beautiful Del Webb community in Richmond called Sweetgrass. It really is lovely and in a naturally beautiful area. I was raised in Iowa, and lived in California for 35 years and aside from the heat in the summer, I really couldn't take the winters. Like any place I've lived, there are always things going on I don't agree with it but I love Houston, just not the heat.

Thanks for volunteering to Judge our Flash Mob.

Dorotju
 
:dancy: Carol, I'm not sure if Josephine got your tag above because it didn't type her whole name. It will be interesting what she has to say because as far as walking goes I'm still at about the same place as you. The OS office called on Monday, finally, and since my C-Reactive Protein (a test for inflammation was slightly elevated, he put me on a low dose prednisone for 2 weeks, and said we would re-evaluate then. This is after I called and said I didn't want to wait another six months for a revision if it is needed. What to do. I feel like I've traded acute pain for almost constant pain.

As for a second opinion, did your OS do an x-ray or examine your knee when you last saw him? If not, I would seek a second opinion.

How was your outing yesterday? Hope your knee held up and you were able to enjoy it. We did the usual, took Deb to the airport, Jim worked, then down to the house, and stopped for a late lunch, early dinner, and came home and watched TV. They're bricking our house, the stone for the front was there, and we have walls and ceilings. What excitement? :dancy:
 
Josephine, Not sure you would have got my above message as your name has been shortened. Most grateful if you could reply - 3 messages back. Carol
 
I'm not sure if Josephine got your tag

Thanks Dorothy. No the OS didn't examine or Xray my knee the last time I saw him. I will wait to see what Josephine has to say and then make a decision on getting a second opinion. Its as you say, its hard sometimes to know what to do for the best. But the deal was never to trade some pain for lots of pain. I do so hope you get it sorted. Half the battle is getting a proper diagnosis. The not knowing is more of a worry.

I can well imagine the excitement in seeing your house grow. Jaki moves house tomorrow. Sometimes they have an unhelpful habit of turning off phone lines, gas and elec etc. and its a pig to get them reconnected. Let's hope she has a trouble free experience. Carol
 
Hi Toothfairy, I see lots of little ticks to show you have been flying around. Will pay you a house call to find out the latest. Carol
 
Carol, what about this for our slogan? Bedside Manner is a lost art... but I found comfort at Bonesmart!


Once we vote on our slogan, I'm gonna work on a rap as well. :rotfl: Thinking of sampling my theme song... ICE ICE BABY! :rotfl: I will make sure you have cool and proper *lyrics to drop. Never worry, I won't mess with your reputation. :loll:

*Slang for the act of rapping
 
Texas sounds wonderful, I love anywhere that has a real identity and people keep true to their customs. My town has a battle reenactment every January, the full works: canons, pikes, mud!

I'm taking a little kneeasy/Bonesmart break, I have another health issue to deal with.
:umm:night night :sleep:
 
I'm not the judge, RestAssured, but I have to say I LIKE IT :tantrum::tantrum:

I don't know where you've come from Miss Bionic, but you are messing with my reputation. Bet you can line dance too.

I'm gonna work on a rap as well.

WHAT????????????

Dabs, Turtle 68, Mutley et al HELP Any ideas on how to rap?
 
Carol, I would say that, with a ROM of 120/0, adhesions is certainly not your problem and an MUA is not the answer to anything. I would surmise that your problems are most likely chronic tendinitis. (Pain - acute and chronic issues) and I think your approach needs to be multimodal.

Let me explain what I mean: sometimes a pain like this needs to have several remedies thrown at it and my suggestions would be

1. Acupressure massage
2. TENS machine
3. chiropractic treatment
4. Biofreeze Roll-On which you can get at broken link removed: https://www.natremed.co.uk/ for £7.95. It's a 'chemical' cold and very effective.
5. in addition to this, whenever your pain gets to a 4 or 5 (never mind a 7!) then you should be taking paracetamol. And 4 hours later another dose regardless of where it is then.

Try it for a while and then let me know how things are.
 
Sue, so sorry to hear you are leaving us for a while and that you have another health problem. My very best wishes and hope you come back soon. xx Carol

ps: if your entry in the competition wins I'll be sure to keep your share of the loot <grin>
 
I'll keep reading threads. :angel:I'm not that keen on rap ooops!!:bicycle1:

Hoping some of Josephine's suggestions help.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom