Guest viewing is limited

TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saving a bit of money since my TKR unfortunately the unemployed graduate is dipping in regularly! I have threatened an Internet shop today, well, the men are on their last day out of 3, what is a girl to do :angel:
Shoes are on the list, don't you need new shoes to go with your new coat? :)
Mmmm tea in Craster sounds lovely. A lovely part of the country to grow up in. We had pit tips and snow as I recall! I do remember long sunny summers too :dancy:
Bionic woman2 I think the lads downstairs have plugged in the X-box. They'll be raiding the ice-cream soon!
I sleep quite well now Carol and am tired all the time. You know Carol we're a wee bit older than a lot of people on the forum, I think we need to cut ourselves some slack; what I could do at 55 I can't do now!
:shrug:
 
Men and their hot cooked dinners! I'm a kind of jacket potato/salad type girl. Our potatoes are still a few feet under though so it's just salad today! I do not do digging up potatoes! Other son and family have bad colds so I'm home alone, well will be when the game players/fridge raiders have jumped on their bikes and in their cars. :dancy:
 
Hi Jaki, Its getting nearer and nearer. There's only so much stuff you can pack up in advance so there will probably be a mad scramble Thursday morning. Are the dogs placid or will you have to give them extra TLC to settle them into their new home. And may be husband too? Carol

Not gonna lie, did too much yesterday & was on my crapper leg for far too long...the result was a sleepless night in raging pain :groan: Not even placing pillows below, above or between my knees helped. I've got up this morning tired, grumpy & aching from thigh to ankle...and then I've clocked the devastation that used to be my kitchen :sad: Only 1 daughter & her partner arrived to help yesterday although my sister unexpectedly sent a text offering to help which I gratefully accepted! Even with 3 of us emptying, packing & scrubbing the kitchen cupboards, I've still got another 6 to do. Being a bit OCD I'm finding it really hard not having everything in it's place & all facing forwards! Still, a good opportunity to check dates...and throw away half the contents of my cupboards! My daughter was being VERY RUTHLESS with me... " Mum, do you REALLY NEED 6 frying pans?" & then she made me choose...cow! I'd like to add more but my husband just said, " I reckon you'd get a lot more done if I switch the Internet off"....Gggrrrrrr!
 
Mutley it really is best to be ruthless . When I had a new kitchen last year I found stuff at the back of cupboards that was a wedding present 39 years ago....and never been used but always kept....just in case! The kitchen fitters said try had an annual competition to find the oldest tin of food found in a cupboard!
 
I've done a frying pan count.....a dozen here, ridiculous!
 
Hi Carol,

Just woke up and still lazing in beed. Had a nice time last night, the play was cute butn we keft right after because my knee hurt, Quiet day today with mothing planned. Dinner is going to be chicken marsala and tomato caprese. Morning used to be my favorite time but not it's edtime because then I know I can close my eyes and not think about my knee for at least 8 hours. But yes, it's a good day

Hugs, Drothy
 
You know Carol we're a wee bit older than a lot of people on the forum, I think we need to cut ourselves some slack; what I could do at 55 I can't do now!
:shrug:

I guess. But you see more and more people on tv and in newspapers who are ancient and doing incredible things eg, sailing round the world single handed, running marathons and heaven knows what else. Take the Queen. She still rides and sometimes has to stand for ages at some of the events she attends. She's about 20yrs older than me.

Ageing is supposed to be something that is gradual, but for me it happened on Friday the 22nd of February 2013. On Thursday 21st I felt young and in my prime. The following day BANG I was old and past it. Or so it seems to me.

Sue, Its not that I want to do that much after all. Just wear 6 inch stiletto heels and boogy til dawn down the local disco.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I do not do digging up potatoes!

Yeah, I wouldn't go there either. :no-fin: Oh, and my son tried to start that screaming at the xbox thing earlier. God must've pulled his coat, because he stopped before I could hobble in there with one hand on my hip and the other on my walker. :rotfl:

I meant to go through my cabinets before my second surgery, but Ooops... too late for that. MY BAD! :shrug:

patient 99 We'll have a worldwide Bonesmart Stiletto Day, once we're all healed. :egypdance:it's gonna go along with the Worldwide Bonesmart Dance Day. Maybe we can do like a Flash Mob on the local level. :loll:Laugh now, but I'm SERIOUS! :egypdance::martini::egypdance::martini::egypdance::martini::egypdance::martini::egypdance::martini::egypdance::martini:
 
Is that because we're coming round, sounds delicious, better than the Sunday cheese on toast dinner I made for myself.:happydance:
Downton starts tonight!!!!!!
 
A Flash Mob is when a group of people go to a location and perform a staged dance routine they've previously practiced (or do a known dance) but it looks spontaneous. I said "local level" because we're all spread out, so we'd need to have several different flash mobs going on at once. You can wear your stiletto heels there if you like. :heehee:

It looks a little like this... insert Bonesmarties. :egypdance:Looks like fun!

 
You can come over and have my portion. I've been under the weather all day. (upset digestive system) The cooking will probably be a team effort with hubby doing most of the work, He's become a much better cook than me.

Jaki, I hope you're taking it easy today LOL, smart idea to pack all the cooking utensils. We shopped the frozen dinner section for about 2 weeks before we moved. and Carol, stiletto heels? I've been down to 1-1/2 inch heels since I was 50. Maybe just once for the flash dance.

We must all be restless today because there has sure been a lot of posting. I think Downtown starts later here. I'm not sure. I know the Emmys are on tonight and I'm hoping that Bryan Cranston and Breaking Bad finally wins.

Enjoy.

Dorothy
 
We have Downton Abbey here too! :yes!:I just don't have cable, so i'll have to watch a couple of episodes behind on the internet. I love the show. Believe it or not my oldest son got me hooked and would watch it marathon style on netflix, hulu and masterpiece theater.

Dabber, yes it would be great if we did the same dance/song all over the world showing off our badges of honor and displaying a Bonesmart banner at the end. :egypdance:I'm thinking 2015! That gives Carol plenty of time to shop for stilettos, and me time to tame my "thunder and lightning" thighs. :giggle:
 
We don't have cable either but watch a lot on Vudu. I We do have HD antenna so can watch it live if I can stay awake that long. I think 2015 is a great idea for the flashdance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom