Guest viewing is limited

TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Flash Mob is when a group of people go to a location and perform a staged dance

Hi BW . Great stuff. I used to do line dancing before my op. Its one of the few types of dance you can do without a partner (husband wont dance). Sadly its not as popular as it was - Zumba is the new craze. And that's more exercise than dance. The dress code wasn't stilettos, but cowboy boots. Good luck taming your thunder and lightening thighs - be sure to pass on any tips. Carol
 
:spin: :dancy: :dancy: Line dancing, heh? I've tried that but not well coordinated, used to love to dance, hubby too, but even with a good knee I thiink we're too out of shape to do it. Cowboy boots? We're right here in the cowboy capitol where you can get mighty fine boots made to order. I think I'd prefer stilettos.

Thought I'd post something positive for a change. I can feel some progress in the knee, definitely most of the muscle tightness in the quads is gone, no pain in the PCL area. And of course I'm worried that it feels looser because it is looser. Or maybe it's all that muscle building I must be doing going up and done the stairs all day. We're off to Costco where I will push the "trolley" or let it hold me up, whatever the case may be.

Ciao, Dorothy

Dinner was delicious by the way. My hubby has become quite the chef. "YEAH" :dancy:
 
That's the UK flash mob dance co-ordinator job gone then.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Congratulations, Carol!!:dancy::dancy::dancy:

Carol Child (CC) Good eh. Recognition at last. Now, what changes shall I make. Can't call ourselves a mob.
Carol Parent (CP) Will that daft child never learn. Its a joke CC a joke.
CC Might not be
CP Bonesmartie ladies. Don't encourage her. She's as mad as a hatter. She talks to herself as well.
 
Hi Dorothy, excellent news on the knee front - especially the lack of pain. You mentioned the stairs. I know you've found them tiring, but I wonder if they are actually helping. Its forcing you to bend and exercise. I was going to suggest you didn't do stairs for a day just for comparison purposes, but obviously that's impractical. But when you move you may need to find a stair substitute.

I still have difficulties with stairs, but its not because of my LTKR, but because of my right knee. I force myself to go up and down normally - not a pretty sight. I do it because I don't want to lose muscle in my right leg.

Your husband seems to be a lovely man. Again more things to be cheerful about. Carol
 
? We're right here in the cowboy capitol where you can get mighty fine boots made to order

Dorothy, yes of course. That's where all the proper cowboys come from. How common is it for Texans to wear all the cowboy gear - hats, boots, check shirts, neckachiefs? Apparently in Japan they think Londoners all wear bowler hats - may be once upon a time, but not these days.
 
turtle68 that's good news :) My PT said tightness can start to go about 7 months.

How is your tummy now, I've had a stomach upset for nearly a week?
 
All I know about Texas came from "Dallas." I used to really like that programme.
 
Carol, Yes many Texans do wear their boots. We had one cowboy in the White House and our governor is much the same. Sometimes it's down right embarrassing to admit you're from Texas. We have a huge rodeo every spring. It's for a good cause but they bring their cows, cow sperm, and all the rest. Also, concerts every night usually with country singers. But, no most folks dress very casually, even in business, because it's just so hot in the summer. I forgot to mention that during Rodeo month, many people in Houston dress cowboy. It's really quite a hoot. We haven't been for years, since Jim is retired and we don''t get the company stuff (freebies) anymore.

The stairs, IMO, have definitely helped my strength. I still don't do down normally, but before my surgery when we visited our daughter, I could hardly go up the stairs. The main living area has no bathroom, so it's either up or down. I am so looking forward to getting into our over 55 house, with wide doors, one story, and we even had the handle thingie things put in the bathrooms.

Sue, the tummy is okay today. It loved the fabulous dinner we had last night and we're having leftovers tonight. and it's 3 p.m. went out ran errands, walked and shopped around Costco and made it walking for about 20 minutes before the knee started hurting. I'm hoping the muscle tightness and pain is the 7 month thing and what your PT said is true.

Can't wait to see all you Flash Mobbers or is it Flash Dancers.
:yes!: :flwrysmile:
Hugs, Dorothy
 
Oh but there's a US team too and you're in it didn't we say?:angel:
 
Where is it going to take place? Can hardly wait.
 
That's the UK flash mob dance co-ordinator job gone then.
Congratulations, Carol!!
:rotfl::iagree::rotfl: Sue it will be :yay:worldwide event:yay:, but we must come up with another location other than the AIRPORT! That'll be a whole lot of medal detectors going off at once! lol Don't want to ruin the day with a group strip search. :no-fin::yikes::no-fin::yikes:

CP Bonesmartie ladies
I'm thinking we'll have a Bonesmart banner. There will be colorful flags and streamers, no wait... :umm:We can tie-dye our Ted hose and waves them around (provided they've been properly sterilzed. :rotfl:) Don't forget the walkers and canes that we will haphazardly toss to the side as the beat picks up! :loll:We mustn't forget the Cabana boys, Cowboys and the Warriors, how else will we be lifted effortlessly through the air, and twirled just so. :spin: :rofsign:

Now for the song... :scratch:
 
up! :loll:We mustn't forget the Cabana boys, Cowboys and the Warriors, how else will we be lifted effortlessly through the air, and twirled just so.

Stop. Stop. I can't take any more. The excitement - twirled just so. Fabulous Darling. I've just put down my porridge and I'm giving it whelly round the kitchen. Practicing my grapevine, weave and sailor step. Yee ha.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom