TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where you've come from Miss Bionic, but you are messing with my reputation. Bet you can line dance too.

lol I'm from New York, Harlem to be exact. :egypdance: I always want to learn how to Line Dance, so you're one up on me there. I love your sense of humor. :rotfl: It's like one never knows if your serious, then it hits you. :rofsign:
Dabber, I wouldn't worry about rapping, just keep working on your squats....:happydance: HEY! There's gonna be something for every Bonesmartie to do. In fact if we do a multi-cultural number that would be awesome! Bones Buggying all over the world! Hey, that could be part of our slogan. Don't try and steal it Carol! I'M ON TO YOU! :hissy:

Seriously Sue, I hope your other medical problem works itself out soon. my PT is here, gotta run :bicycle2:
 
Ladies, Mutley is moving in the morning. Today has been a day from HELL :-( Never will I move house again...unless it's to leave in a wooden box! Not sure when the internet will be up & running but thinking of you all & will report back at some point...in the hands of BT :)
 
Never will I move house again...unless it's to leave in a wooden box!

WOW! Mutley, not the wooden box. :rotfl:
Hope your move goes smoother than you expected. I was going to make a play on words with the "smooth move" thing but decided to leave that alone, since I'm still working on getting regular myself.:eeeuw: TMI time!

Good luck with your new home. I'm sure it will be worth it once the dust settles. :flwrysmile:
 
Carol, Yes many Texans do wear their boots. We had one cowboy in the White House and our governor is much the same. Sometimes it's down right embarrassing to admit you're from Texas. We have a huge rodeo every spring. It's for a good cause but they bring their cows, cow sperm, and all the rest.
:yes!: :flwrysmile:
Hugs, Dorothy
Dorothy, I meant no disrespect, as I live smack dab in the middle of oil field country! I have been to Houston several times but it was because my Dad had brain cancer. I don't have fond memories of Houston, but I am glad that you like it.
 
that would be awesome! Bones Buggying all over the world! Hey, that could be part of our slogan. Don't try and steal it Carol! I'M ON TO YOU! :hissy:

Hi Bionic, I think the wise move would be to stand side by side with you not try and steal from you. So that's what I'm gonna do. Carol

ps: I am wise between 2 - 3 am once a week
 
Hi Jaki, don't know how long it will be before you read this (BT are not known for their speed). But now you have crossed another hurdle and you are still standing (I very much hope). Its a shame the weather has taken a turn for the worst, but hopefully the new house will more than compensate.

I wondered if you saw Josephine's reply to me( page 35) - anything in it that you might try? Carol
 
Ladies, Mutley is moving in the morning. Today has been a day from HELL :-( Never will I move house again...unless it's to leave in a wooden box! Not sure when the internet will be up & running but thinking of you all & will report back at some point...in the hands of BT :)
Hooray for moving day. Hope it all goes smoothly. Enjoy your new house, you really deserve to be very happy there, we will all be round for the house warming.
Hugs Toothfairy x :cheers2: :thumb:
 
Hi Carol, how are you doing today?
It's a grey and gloomy day here. A fine excuse to sit and rest today and get on with my knitting.
I have some wool to wind if you have any free time to hold wool.
I hope that one or a combination of Josephine's suggestions will ease your knee pain. It must be really wearing to still have so much discomfort and limitation after all this time.
Despite all that you are an inspiration with your thread. It's a warm and friendly place where so many of us like to gather.
Have a great day , hugs, Toothfairy x :flwrysmile: :bicycle2:
 
Hi Toothfairy, I just wish I could walk in somebody else's body for a day so that I could do a proper comparison between my knee and another's.

Sometimes it crosses my mind that if somebody else had my knee they might say its not too bad. I remember when you were bleeding in the hospital you took it all in your stride. Whereas I would have been freaking out.

My expectation is that I should be able to move my leg freely with no feeling of constriction or discomfort and that it should be like this until bedtime - not close down at 6-7pm. But perhaps that's unrealistic? Carol
 
I'm from New York, Harlem to be exact.

Hi BW2 What do I know about Harlem. Not a lot. There are the Harlem Globetrotters. I think West Side Story was supposed to be in Harlem and then there's Ben E. King's song There is a Rose in Spanish Harlem, A red, red rose in Spanish Harlem. And that's about it. Can you give me a flavour of the place?

I don't know anything about rap music. I am an old Motown Girl - the Detroit sound not the Phillidelphi sound. In January we are going on a 3 day break where on the Saturday night there is a tribute to the Drifters - seen them before. Excellent. Just checked your age. You are probably too young for this stuff. Although the music is timeless - Under the boardwalk, down by the sea, on a blanket with my baby......................................
 
Hi Toothfairy, I just wish I could walk in somebody else's body for a day so that I could do a proper comparison between my knee and another's.

Sometimes it crosses my mind that if somebody else had my knee they might say its not too bad. I remember when you were bleeding in the hospital you took it all in your stride. Whereas I would have been very out.

My expectation is that I should be able to move my leg freely with no feeling of constriction or discomfort and that it should be like this until bedtime - not close down at 6-7pm. But perhaps that's unrealistic? Carol

Hi Carol, What an excellent idea, knee swaps. We could start a new craze.
Unfortunately not possible yet.
I think your expectation of a pain free knee that moves well all day is reasonable and realistic. Hopefully you will get there.
I have had a very smooth and quick recovery from both knees. I wasn't quite at that point with knee one when I had knee two done. Knee one has gone backwards a little since having knee two done.
I am relaxed about it as I am sure it will sort itself out as I gradually get more mobile.

It is a long haul and we all travel our own route. No comfort if you feel you are stuck and feel you are not progressing.
I just hope that something helps. There are lots of people in the slow lane who are definitely making progress.
Hugs Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :yes:
 
Hi Carol, Knee swap sounds good. Who would you switch with? Jaki, thinking of you with your move today. I'm with you on this being your last move. Of course we've moved a lot and have said that several times.

TF, sounds like you have a good day planned. I've found someone at the new place who will teach me how to knit. They knit, and donate the items to hospice and nursing homes. It will be a good way for me to keep my hands busy.

Carol. I'm with you on the music. Not much into rap but your weekend in January sounds great.

As I type, I'm debating if I'm going to the luncheon I signed up for today. My heart has been racing and it's really wearing me out. But I think I will go, meet some new people, and forget all about my woes here.

Bionic Woman, is Harlem near the Bronx and the New York Botanical Garden. My daughter was a guest professor at Sarah Lawrence College, and we visited there at Christmas time.. Gorgeous gardens - it was 2001 and they had recreated NYC with all organic materials, including the towers. You probably take your kids on field trips there.

Hugs, Dorothy
 
Knee one has gone backwards a little since having knee two done.

But what does that mean TF? I so want to know how other knees feel. Does it mean its stiffer, bends less, nerve pain, swelling, aching, non or all of these. I am sorry for pushing. I know it can be really difficult to describe what's going on. Sometimes I don't think we have the language (eskimos have over 100 words to describe different kinds of snow ). All we seem to have to express our problems is a bit sore, painful, very painful and agony. We are reduced to using numbers on a scale of one to ten because we haven't got the words to communicate accurately.
 
You know we keep getting these `awards'. I am now a `Graduate'. The top award apparently is `Omega'. It worries me. Its like getting credit for being the slowest kid in the class. If I'm still around when Omega is approaching I am going to sign off and come back as somebody else.
 
Well Carol, I did a detailed reply to your post about what I meant and it has vanished into the ether :hissy: :hairpulling: :gaah:
I will try again.
My left knee (1) has a tight band feeling on the left side. It feels more stiff that it did before I had knee two done. There is no pain. It bends as much as before. No nerve pain and no aching. The band feels as though it goes from just above the knee cap to just below it.
There is sometimes a bit of swelling as the day goes on.
I also have a bit of clunking in the joint.
Those are all things that I had in the earlier days of my recovery with this knee but they had all pretty much resolved before I had knee two done.
I am confident that as I gradually get more active again they will settle down again.
I hope this helps.
Toothfairy x
 
Toothfairy, thanks ever so much for spelling it out for me.

You put the set back down to being LESS active. How Interesting, because sometimes the BS message is that many of our problems come from doing too much not too little. Following this train of thought, is it possible that Knee 1 is having to compensate for Knee 2, and the set back is in fact down to it having to work harder rather than inactivity?

What is particularly encouraging for me is to hear that the tight band syndrome can go and then return. That suggests that it has nothing to do with scar tissue build up (this has been a real worry for me). But rather the happiness or otherwise of soft tissue.

In the whole 7 months of my recovery I have never worked out how much or how little I should do to give my knee the best chance of recovery. You sound as if you have that about right.

Today I washed and dressed, did a quick food shop. Went to the park where I walked for just under a mile. Had a break then cut the grass - took about 30 mins. Prepared a light meal and now here I am. I wont do much the rest of the day, just watch a bit of TV, read, back and forwards to the kitchen for cups of tea. That's about it. I wouldn't have thought that was too much for 7 months 4 days. Would you agree?
 
Hi Dorothy, did you go to lunch with the group of women? Did you enjoy it? Carol
 
Although the music is timeless - Under the boardwalk, down by the sea, on a blanket with my baby......................................
That's where I'll be...UNDER THE BOARDWALK! :whistle: Carol, "I got the music in me." "I love music... any kind of music." :heehee: I'm like a radio.

BTW ladies, the Bonesmart rap song won't be like any other rap song. :rotfl: I'm not much into rap music myself especially today's rap, What I am is creative. and I use rapping to teach the kids at school things they don't quickly grasp, or even want to hear. It helps them remember stuff, just like all the lyrics we have stuck in our heads over the decades. :rolleyes: I like to take things that wouldn't ordinarily BE in a rap song and put it one. Ladies, just think, how many "cool points" you'll score with your grand-kids. :loll:Okay, okay, turtle68, we'll work on a smooth Doo-Wop number for ya, throw in a little Frank Sinatra, with some Fred Astaire and Ginger moves. :giggle:

Anyway ladies, I'd love to talk about my hometown but I'm in the midst of preparing for a pity party, and there's so much to do. :happydance:It's all outlined in the daily rant/dissertation on my thread. :hissy: Sigh, :thud: I had such high-hopes for today. :cry:

Carol, I do feel you on the "WHEN WILL MY KNEE BE HEALED" thing. I thought about you last night while I was in the kitchen maneuvering around with my walker. I looked like I was "doing the Robot." It's a dance from a couple of decades ago, kinda like a wooden soldier would look if he were dancing. :rotfl:

Anyway, I need to go and call Whine11 to make sure the Whambulance is available for my pity party. :martini:

Hope your knee hasn't shut down yet, but I'm thinking that it's past it's bedtime over there. My incision decided to BLEED today after a week of perfect healing... Oh Joy! :skep:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom