TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know me names Robynhood Carol but thats after my grandaughter Robyn. I live near Chester thats why I suggested Sue and I could travel together. We even had our ops done in the same Nuffield hospital and I know her consultant.
 
Oh Dorothy, if you saw my messy house you'd run a mile even with your TKR. You have other health issues and it is so tiring. Your new place will be just great!
Hugs.
 
Thanks you Carol and Mutley. Your hugs and best wishes have made all the difference in my day. It's been raining here for hours and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Lots of pain today but I think I finally got it under control, and that does make a big difference. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm having a metal allergy with the rash on my knee that won't go away and now my ring finger is turning black from my jewelry. The OS asked me if I was allergic to metal when I saw him a few weeks ago, but I said no, because I have so much metal in my body, i.e. lumbar and cervical fusions and pacemaker. I think they're all titanium though.

Just been trying to keep my mind on positive things, although I am watching the news right now, and we had a pretty horrible shooting in Washington, D.C. today.

And hang in there Sue. You are stronger than you think. We all are, and we will get through this. Meanwhile we have to savor each moment we can.

Hugs to you all.

Dorothy
 
I know me names Robynhood Carol but thats after my grandaughter Robyn. I live near Chester thats why I suggested Sue and I could travel together

I did wonder about that. Excuse me - I'm not the sharpest knife in the pack. So, that's you, Sue and Me so far. Jaki are you a definite?. Anybody else interested? Its a bit like that film The Magnificent Seven - first one, then two.............
 
Everyone is very quiet this morning, just hoping Pat hasn't been taken into hospital for observation and Jaki hasn't exploded!
 
Hi Sue How's your mood today? If it follows the normal pattern you will feel better today given that you had a recent bad day. After my outing yesterday I'm housebound because my knee is so uncomfortable.

I'm a bit concerned that I don't get nearly as much exercise as I used to. But you can only do what you can. How are your energy levels? Waiting to hear back from Jaki as to whether she definitely wants to meet up. She probably completed on the house today so her attention is likely to be somewhere else. Carol
 
Hi Carol,

Yes, feeling better thanks. It did me good doing a bit more yesterday, I'm going to look at the ironing later, just look you understand!

It's hard to get that balance right, a few hours shopping shouldn't make us drop but it does and our heads want to do it don't they!

I went to the dentist today, I don't know what they do at our dentists it's always being taken over by a new group, all new faces now. I saw a nice girl though, need a filling replaced and a polish and I asked about antibiotics, she said only if it was a larger procedure, then they'd consult the consultant to see whether they would be advisable. I guess we ought to choose young consultants if they're going to be consulted by our dentists for ever!

Dh has gone out for the day, then I noticed there was a live screening from the Royal Opera House on at the cinema, he won't be back in time and I'm not sure I want to go on my own.

Praps if we meet up we could choose a hotel where maybe Pat and I could stay overnight and we could all have a meal together. I don't drive but am always able to travel by train. Otherwise, may be able to manage it in a day. Have you seen snow is forecast for October!! I also have a good husband who likes to take me places, he loves a trip out anywhere and disappears to look at buses and trains whilst I natter. My men are transport fanatics.

Did you buy anything nice....I was going to come home and buy some shoes on the internet until I paid my dental bill!!

Dabs.:angel:
 
Hi Dabs My understanding was that you take an antibiotic before going to the dentist just to be on the safe side. A few years ago I had an operation that went badly wrong on the operating table and I lost my spleen. Now I have to take a daily dose of penicillin. Apparently that's sufficient for dental purposes.

I think trying to manage a meet in a day would be heavy going (of course it still depends on the venue). Certainly Chester to Tunbridge Wells and back in a day would be a killer. I've just checked the map - Chester is further than I thought. Milton Keynes looks sort of in the middle. But if you're travelling by train its what's most direct. Once we hear from Jaki we will have a better idea of whether its feasible. Pat what's your thoughts? If your husband likes buses and trains I have half an idea there is a railway museum in Covent Garden. That would be a lovely venue, but staying overnight in London would cost.

Snow in October! Its happened before. I am originally from Newcastle and I never thought it snowed in the south east, but a few years ago I had to buy winter tyres just to get the car onto the main road. Did I buy anything nice you asked. I get a lot of my clothes from M&S, well I used to. Its a real shame, but the quality isn't there any more. They are selling cashmere jumpers for £65 which is cheap for cashmere, but its so thin and doesn't look like it would last 5 mins. I came away with a Bazler coat from a shop called Hoopers. Ooops, the phone's ringing .................
 
oooh I love Hoopers....I go to the Harrogate one, I bought a coat there a couple of years ago. Yes, I'm an M&S lady....Per Una, the opiate of the older lady I heard it once called. As you say, things have changed though.

Covent Garden sounds really good, I do sometimes meet old friends from my college days there, I can get there and back very easily; trains run later in the week, at the weekends, the trains tend to stop quite early.....I come from Crewe usually.
 
This is sounding positive. How long would it take you to get there robynhood and Pat would that be feasible for you?
 
Hi Dorothy, I see Sue has had a look at your new house too. Her opinion of it is the same as mine - Wow. Perhaps we should have this get together in Houston. We could all gather round the pool drinking metal mickies and singing `I did it My Way' . Carol

ps: you've been quiet today. Have you had a busy day?
 
Hi Carol, yes Houston would be great. We'll be 30 miles SW of Houston. And there is definitely plenty to do there. We're going down Saturday for a presentation by the Drama Club. Should be pretty funny. But we could just hang out in the indoor pool with our wine, etc.

Yes, we've had a busy day. Went out to check on house, mail, browsed Best Buy looking at refrigerators, etc. stuff we're going to have to buy for new house, then cruised drugstore for a couple of things. Putting it in writing it looks like I overdid it, because my knee/leg is acting up. The knee feels very stiff and yet feels loose when I walk. So I'm resting and very bored now. I have such a feeling of isolation except for my Bonesmart buddies. I think that's because of the limbo feeling right now.

Hugs, Dorothy

How about you. Have you been resting?
 
turtle68 I wonder whether you'll find any fellow TKR people when you move, I bet you will. Is there a general notice board where you could put up a card? You could be the BoneSmarties rep!
Dabs.:dancy:
 
Good thought Sue, I met a schoolteacher who was having her second knee done this summer. I'm sure she's back to work but we did talk about forming a kneesies group. The indoor pool there is kept at therapeutic temperature. A couple of weeks ago they even put in a lift for people who can't get in and out of the water, and have both therapy and water aerobics classes avaible. We have privileges there, so as soon as this knee settles down, I'm going to make sure I have my suit with me.

Just trying to hang in there until we move into our little one story bungalow. Thanks for looking it up. It really helps me realize just how fonunate I am. Carol posted that she thought you all should come to Houston. That would be great. Spring is the best time here with usually beautiful weather from March to May.

How are you feeling? Doing okay with the pacemaker?

Dorothy
 
Oh my, I've never been to the States. My mum was born in New Jersey, but she came back to the UK when she was 4 and never left the country again.

I think I feel better in the mornings with the pacemaker, thanks for asking, the op site is still fairly sore. I'll feel better all round when I've had the neck scan, I've now got neck ache and headaches, just background, but there. I've got my 3 month post op check up tomorrow for the TKR.

Where you're going looks so pretty but also lots to do so you could just enjoy being there or join in activities. Land is so expensive in the UK. The little house next door to us was sold, it was an end terrace with a lovely side cottage garden, a detached house has been squeezed in. We're fortunate to have quite a good size rear garden near to town but they are rare these days.

Sue.
 
Dabs I was lying in bed last night and thoughts kept drifting in and out. I wanted to ask you Why `Dabber'. Two wanted to say that although you didn't get to the cinema the very fact you thought you could, is brilliant for where you are at. And three, how come you never learned to drive? Carol
 
Ladies.............................................
WE HAVE EXCHANGED :happydance: :yay: :yes!:
I still reckon the solicitors were holding onto everyone's deposits for as long as possible to make a bit more interest but hey ho, it has happened! So completion/ moving day is a week tomorrow :)

Yes, I am DEFINITELY up for a meet & Convent Garden sounds good! Even I think I could get there...if I can just borrow someone's guide dog :)
Right, a thousand phone calls & emails to make because not only do I have to inform all your " normal" people like gas, phones, councils etc, I also have to let ALL our customers & suppliers know for the business...not forgetting the dreaded Inland Revenus :sad:

Have a good day everyone & KEEP SMILING! Xx
 
Good morning Mutley
I am so pleased for you. What a long haul that has been.
Hooray for the exchange and roll on the completion.
Toothfairy x :martini: :yes!:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom