TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and I guess we'll hear when we better "straighten" up. Can you imagine trying to put our threads in order. And I think I was draming about furniture for my new house, and what the heck we have in storage that took up two huge 18 wheelers. Probably won't want most of it, just want to keep it simple. Knee settled down, it was very painful last night, and that's my whine for the day.

and Jaki, if you could only see the old geezers (like me) hanging out at the pool, riding their golf carts, etc.

Good luck with to he 2:30 a.m. drop off. Don't you have shuttles?

Dorothy
 
So let's not beat about the bush, you are saying its a mad house. That's what happens to us lifers. Some while back Josephine asked us all to tell her where it hurts by putting dots on a picture of a head. We're waiting for her to get back to us.
 
Carol, I think she'd aim straight for the temple & pull the trigger...HOWEVER, how BORING would Bonesmart be with all SUCCESS stories??!!!! It's people like US who keep Bonesmart going having to answer our endless " What it's & why's..." !! I think we should be made honoured colonels myself.... :cheers:
 
Hi Jaki, Do you remember that Bob Dylan song where one of the lines is `there's no success like failure, and failures no success at all'. Ring a chord? You know you have actually come out and said it now. We are not one of the success stories. Of course it was common knowledge. There's a lead to a thread above this message `Fell climbing with a new knee'. Talk about rubbing it in.

Oh well I'll say it before somebody else does ` It could be worse'. Carol (I must remember not to message in the mornings). Pity parties are not a pretty sight.
 
I imagine your thread to be like everyone's favourite room to congregate, like when I was at college but for erm the more mature. We have loads of recliners with a table each for our drinkies, and sit and natter. Please tell me it doesn't sound like the local retirement home!!
:heehee:
 
Carol the name rings a bell but alas the lyrics don't :whistle: Now I'm not sure what you think I said but as I'm NOT a DEFEATIST I think I may have implied that SOME of US haven't QUITE got to the stage of being a SUCCESS story! We are taking the NON-MOTORWAY route while others chartered a similar version of Concord! It could in-deed be worse & somedays & nights it DOES feel worse. We are still " Work in Progress" therefore, like Rome, we CAN'T & HAVEN'T been re-built in a day...or month...or 6 months...or 9 & a bit, but that's not to say in ANOTHER 6 or 9 or even another year for me that WON'T happen. We just have to cling on to a bit of hope, faith & yes! Even a bit of pixie dust because FAILURE is NOT an OPTION when we've come THIS FAR, even if it is still painful........ :flwrysmile:

Gave my solicitors a right rocket this morning! Having managed the Gatwick run in 90 minutes with the trapped nerve throbbing in the back of my left buttock & leg, lack of sleep & dog walk I was just ready for a row! Amazing how things can change. Just had 2 phone calls in quick succession from solicitor so REALLY HOPING the next call I get will be to say we've EXCHANGED :shrug:

Youngest daughter who I lovingly took to the airport at 2.30AM has just texted to say they are in Spain & at the apartment & about to walk up the road to get some shopping...but it's very HOT...Kids! :angel:

Right, chin up people, anyone would think we're ready for the retirement home...HO HUM!
 
Love your post Mutley. Im coming up to my year anniversary still not right but will never give up. I refuse to have my next knee done which is not giving me any grief thank goodness until this one is right. The bend is still not there but getting better and as we say good things come to those who wait. Ready for the the retirement home. NO FLIPPIN WAY. Good luck with the solicitor. Hope you get good news. Its amazing what a good shouting does to get results.
 
We have loads of recliners with a table each for our drinkies, and sit and natter.
Hi Dabs, It doesn't sound at all like the local retirement home - apart from the comfy chairs it could just as easily be the local pub. In the retirement homes, sadly, no one seems to do much talking - but I really don't know whether that's truly the case.

I wonder what it would be like if we were to all meet up for real. We'd probably have to have a referee to keep order. Years ago when the internet was very new I used to message on a general site. We did meet up a few times. It was great fun. Getting to actually meet the folk you'd talked to for ages - and of course some people didn't look how you'd imagined. It was easy getting to the venue because, unlike now, nobody had dodgy knees. But a christmas BS meet up would be great - Dorothy you'd have to book an overnight stay.

Dorothy, I was indoors all day yesterday - my worst nightmare. Today I went shopping in Tunbridge Wells. I was on my feet for 3.5 hours. I now know it was too much. Walking is so uncomfortable. Looks like husband is going to have to do dinner. Carol
 
The bend is still not there but getting better and as we say good things come to those who wait.

Hi Pat, Isn't it strange just how much of a variation there is in the time it takes people to recover. At least with your 6 children you knew that pregnancy would take 9 months. Its just occurred to me, 6 x 9mths = 4.5 years. I see why you are so good at waiting. Carol
 
FAILURE is NOT an OPTION when we've come THIS FAR,

You're real scary when you are laying down the law. Yes Miss, I hear what you say and I will pick myself up and stop wallowing. But can I just have one little wallow and then I'll shut up. Shopping for 3.5hours today. Knee screaming `REST' `REST' GIVE ME SOME `REST'. So I'm obliging it and husband is on cooking duties. I'm sitting with feet up and a glass of wine - life is hard.

I was just ready for a row!
They do me the world of good. I know its not the English way, but sometimes its the only way. Our American friends seem much better at demanding their rights (would you agree Dorothy BionicWoman2? ).

Your message was timed at 12 noon. I think you have now exchanged?? I'd join you in a celebratory glass of wine, but it would probably put me to sleep and I'd miss out on the chicken kiev that I'm hoping is coming my way. Carol
 
I agree, definitely more like a pub or nice hotel than Retirement Home. I have good friends I first met in on-line forums. Technology
Dabs
 
...if husband is cooking dinner I see that as a VERY POSITIVE OUTCOME :-)

I'm feeling VERY BOSSY/ASSERTIVE today....HOWEVER, we DIDN'T exchange :sad: Close, but not close enough apparently. My sellers solicitor couldn't get hold of them to verbally agree that YES! They are ready & agree to exchange...#%##****+++^^^%!!!!
Apparently, if the solicitor can get hold of them, everything is ready for release, therefore exchange COULD take place 1st thing tomorrow morning....and I'm tea total & a size 10 supermodel :heehee:

On a really cheery note I sold my 2 sofas that cost me £2000 for...£ 300....I would say " Ding, Dong" but my bell has lost it's clapper :sad: At least it's 2 less, large pieces of furniture to move...being POSITIVE!

Currently in my jim jams after a not too awful dog walk, enjoying a cheeky red number with just the dogs for company FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK! :cheers: :martini: :yes!:

I will be the 1st to sign up for a much needed pre Christmas meet up of fellow Bonesmart SAVIOURS! Xxxx
 
You all do a lot more than I do. We did walk at least three blocks in the part last evening, and that was the only time I was outside yesterday. I've been having a problem with my meds and crying a lot but since I can get in to see a shrink until October, I decided to just buckle up and get on with it. Jaki, you are absolutely correct after going through all this there is no giving up, even if I have to have a revision. I'm definitely not ready for the retirement home but looking forward to our new community where there is always something going on.

Jaki, I hope your exchange has gone through, and Carol, that you got some fun things shopping. I really can't think of much to say as it seems I'm spending all my time fighting tears.

Hugs, Dorothy
 
Jaki, I just saw your post, and I am definitely in for that meet up.

Dorothy
 
Yay! Go Dorothy :happydance: I also say let the tears come today & who knows, tomorrow you might just think, " What was that all about?"!!! We all have an ' off' day, you just have to hope it's just that, a ' One off' day :console2:
I'm sure Tunbridge Wells would be lovely at Christmas time & will give Carol something else to think about...where the hell is she going to put all her Bonesmart friends the NIGHT BEFORE the meet up AND the NIGHT AFTER :rotfl:
 
Me too, if I'm not too much of the new girl on the block for a meet up.
The natives are rebelling here, son came home from a camp called Intense....the muddle that came out of his car into the hall certainly was :gaah:
We had part of a very large horse chestnut tree come down yesterday in storms and as well we have so much garden produce to process, I was erm encouraged to get up, get on and help today. The honeymoon is over :cry:
I'm a bit teary too, but for less reason than you Dorothy, hugs turtle68
Hope you exchange tomorrow, Mutley
Sue :flwrysmile:
 
Sue we could travel up together. Does Carol know we are all descending on her this Christmas. What a good post that would be the next day for bonesmarties to read. O and the photos :yikes:
 
Ladies, I'm not sure if you are serious about a meet. But I hope you are. I don't know what would be involved in the organisation but I'd be more than happy to do it. The venue would need some thought. Perhaps the distances involved are a bit of a turn off. Jaki is near Worthing, Sue near Chester, Pat, Nottingham. Me near Tunbridge Wells. If we could get the numbers up to at least 6 you're talking party. Have a think.

Dorothy, don't know if the distances and our knees will mean a get together is impractical, but if it did happen, the one thing I would be sad about would be that you weren't there. But you would be there in spirit. Carol
 
You all do a lot more than I do.
it seems I'm spending all my time fighting tears.

Oh Dorothy, what's brought this on? What makes you think we are doing more than you? Messaging the way we do can often lead to incorrect perceptions - especially if you are feeling down. Come on now, wipe away those tears (crying makes your eyes all puffy, and that will never do).

Think about your lovely new house and all the fun you are going to have when you move in. You know hugging isn't really my thing, but I am sending you the biggest hug I can. xx Carol:friends: Wait and see tomorrow you will feel much better.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom