TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
@patient 99
I am soooooo happy to hear about your journey :) You put a tear in my eye :cry:
You waited so long to get to the "Promised Land"& you finally made it :friends:nothing can stop you, Do what you like without worrying about your knee :dancy: "PRICELESS" :happydance:
I Love you for ever & always,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Hi Carol. I'm thrilled to hear your travel went so well. Isn't it a grand feeling to have gotten through that fear? From my experience, it just keeps on getting better. We leave for California on Thursday. We'll be in San Juan Capistrano with our long time friends and then to Palm Desert for a week. Plenty to do there. Guys will golf a day or two, wlll hopefully do some hiking, relax by the pool, and enjoy the sight of the mountains. Florida is a good spot to winter. I've heard of the Villages, it's in the Orlando area. The Gulf Coast is also beautiful - check out Destin, and only a day's drive from Houston. Check out vacation rentals by owner, there are some great places there, and it was recommended by friends who have used it. Check out Naples Florida, it's beautiful and a really fun place.

Life goes on here at Sweetgrass. I never thought I'd be so active again. Still practicing the Thriller dance and I remain the shimmery champion. If only I could conquer the rest of the dance. Oh well, we're Zombies and the dance is only 1-1/2 minutes, so we'll get through it.
Hugs and Bugs, Dorothy:hi:
 
I hope you won't abandon Bonesmart

Hi Sue, I was just scooting over to your house to find out how things are. Seems like you have a battery of tests happening/looming. Do you ever get used to them? They say you can get used to anything given time, but have THEY been through it!

I'm not up to speed with exactly how you are doing eg, how much are you able to go out now? do you still have to be ultra cautious about germs? if 10 is high and 0 is rock bottom how is your morale?

I am really suffering from post holiday blues. I never knew I was such a city girl. Our hotel was right on the beach. From the balcony you could see all the people on the beach and watch all the passers by. Now I've come back to ....................lots of trees and shade. I am planning what to do about it. M is up for most things so I just have to do my homework. Problem is champagne tastes with beer money <grin>.
 
@patient 99
Carol,
If you ever come to Cape Cod, MA. Let me know, I will drive down & meet you :friends:
Miles of Sandy beaches, the best seafood on Earth, & Fruity Frozen Daiquris :martini:
The only problem would be every year they close a beach because of shark sightings :yikes:
I'm sorry you are still dealing with your tree situation.
Have a great day, rain here today, :SUNsmile:tomorrow & a long weekend ( Columbus Day )
I get payed to stay home Monday, I love payed Holiday's :happydance:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
@patient 99 I am so very glad that you finally see a good outcome to your TKR! It was indeed a long journey! Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Spain. Take care of yourself!
 
What a real upper to read of your vacation!!! Thank you so much for posting it and it will be added to the thread I created to help folks understand that there can be success even in a challenging recovery.

As for your wintering stateside...The Villages is a great community. We have a number of friends who have retired there. But, it is definitely not on the beach. It's draw is the relatively warm weather in winter and the tons of activities that are part of the community. Possible beach towns in Florida would be Naples, Ft Myers, Destin, Clearwater, St. Augustine, Ft. Lauderdale, Daytona Beach. I particularly like the gulf coast side and south of Tampa because the water is prettier and the weather a bit warmer in winter. We vacation on Sanibel Island just off Ft. Myers and love it in January. Sometimes you can get a small house that's just a block or two walk from the beach that's a whole lot more reasonable than the ones directly on sand and sea. Good luck!!!
 
Destin is on the Gulf of Mexico with beautiful white sand beaches and clear blue water. It's about a 10 hour drive and you pass by New Orleans on the way from Houston. The Gulf Coast is beautiful from Alabama to Florida. It's on our list of places to go but we haven't made it yet. On the west side of Florida there are some great places too. Check out Sarasota. I've been there and it's beautiful.xoxo.
 
Monterey California is on the sea

Hi Chris, I've been on google for hours checking places out. Must take a break before I fall off my chair. Dorothy @turtle68 is going to think I'm mad. Destin is right on the beach. When D said its near Houston I thought that's Texas and Texas is not by the sea. Anyways. I will now check out Monterey. It needs to have a promenade - long walks on sand is too tricky.

I want to find out how you are. So scooting over to your place. xx Carol
 
Texas has a long coastline on the Gulf of Mexico.



Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Carol I was telling a new person that there is hope even after 11 months and the knee still having issues, and I told her that it took you awhile to get there. Could you drop by her thread and give her some hope? She is @Paradise06 . Thank you for any help!
 
Hi Diana
Enjoying your life to the fullest.

Yes things are pretty good, but I really can't shake the post holiday blues. Its rained every day since my return. I've been checking out longer term holiday breaks in warm places around December/January. My geography is improving hugely.

I haven't found anywhere in America that fits the bill. There are lots of lovely coastal places with beautiful beaches, but from Google Earth info they all seem so quiet - no mile after mile of bars/restaurants, sunbeds for hire, good walkways (can't walk on sand) . Just have to keep looking. Even if I don't find anywhere, I've put my time in <chuckle> - better to dream/hope than do the washing up. xx What's `on top' with you right now? Carol
 
you should check out Vegas

Hi TW Now you are talking. I've been to Vegas (4 yrs ago). I loved it. I was there for a week and I think that was just right. I've heard Croatia might have what I'm looking for, but its cold there December time. I'd have to wait until spring time.
 
@patient 99
Sorry it's been raining since you got back :sad: It is pouring here today, but we need the rain :)
Our ideas on vacations seem so different. I like peace & quiet, reading on the beach, long walks :walking:
I have been known to just sit in an Air Conditioned hotel room & watch T.V :heehee:
You on the other hand seem to crave Action, Action & more Action :happydance:The lights & bells in
Vegas would drive me crazy. I have really good hearing, loud noises make me cringe :yikes:
Have you ever been on a Cruise ? Lots of action, gambling, shows.
I've been up to the same old things. Work & waiting on my family.
I hope you are doing Well :friends:
As Always, All my Love
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom