TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being American the need to go to another country isn't so great.
It is even more important now than ever, people need to see other countries and cultures. It allows you to take your rose colored glasses off about your country.
Spain is wonderful, have a great time!
 
@patient 99 Yes I am keeping a tight rein on Queen Diana! I do give her hugs though and an occasional big red bouncing LOL. It is a hard job, be glad when you are back!
[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
 
Hi Diana, So pleased you missed me. I've half a mind to ask how much, but wouldn't want to appear immature. So, you have been being good. No bouts of grandeur? No episodes of megalomania? Amazing. May be there was something in the Maine lobster that accounts for it. What does all this goodness feel like?

ps: thanks for standing in @tiredwife. Its not an easy job is it.
 
Just found the most comfortable shoes ever # SKECHERS GO WALK 2. I came across them on holiday and couldn't believe just how fantastic they are. They are light as a feather with a lovely bouncy sole that makes walking a pleasure. Highly recommend them - particularly if you have broad feet (e fitting).
 
@patient 99 A very tough job and I wish you luck as I hand Diana's care back to you! She was amazing until the last day when she was finding it very difficult to behave. Over all though she did behave her self very well!
[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
 
@patient 99
I am so happy you are back :) :friends: :loveshwr: :roseshwr::friends: :happydance: :yes!::yahoo:
I read on @daughter stalker thread that your knee behaved the whole trip :wow:
@tiredwife has me brain washed into being nice :sorry: It was alright at first, but it is definately
Not "ME" :shocked: If it were up to her, I would be serving her Rueben sandwiches ( Her Favorite )
Day & night & saying "Please & Thank You :bow:
Of Course this is backwards, As the "Queen get's served & waited on.
You can ask how much I missed you,
Please Don't ever Leave me Again :friends:Cancle all future trips, my Mental health depends on it :heehee:
All my Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:Glad you had a Wonderful trip :cool:
 
@Jamie Just got back from a week in Spain. My knee behaved so well I wanted to write about it as I think its the conclusion to my TKR journey. Its the happy ending I've been waiting for and would finish my story that you condensed and put in the BS library.

Last week I went on holiday to Spain. I was nervous. I had no idea how my knee would cope with all the extra demands of travelling, flying, carrying luggage, lots of walking etc. 20 months in recovery is a long time - more so because I thought it would take about 6 months. That caused me to worry, seek second opinions and generally seek more support from my BS friends than I sometimes thought was reasonable. Looking back I now see that it shattered my confidence. This is why the trip abroad was such a challenge. I probably would have cancelled it last minute if it weren't that I would have let my sister down.

Anyways off I went GUESS WHAT? My knee was fine. I walked a lot, danced a bit and generally had a good time. I noticed that I was using my leg quite naturally - even turning over in bed wasn't done with knee in mind. I don't want this to sound like a miracle just happened. I doubt I will ever join that group of people whose TKR feels just like a normal knee. My ROM is fairly average 120/0 and I still have to wear my elastic calf support (just below the knee). It makes things just that bit more comfortable, but I now feel that life has got back to normal, and I am not thinking knee every minute of every day and worrying myself that I might have to have further surgery. Oh I also found a brilliant pair of shoes Skechers Go Walk 2 that really put a spring in my step, so that helped as well.

As for the tight band feeling that has bothered me for so long. Well it hasn't gone away. I can still feel the inner workings of my knee. The difference is that my head now accepts it. There's no pain, it just feels different. I have an appointment with the second opinion OS on 5 December. Might even cancel that appointment. I'll decide nearer the time.

I don't know why my knee has taken so long to recover. There was nothing unusual about my pre op condition (just bone on bone caused my arthritis). Nor was there anything unusual about my op. I never needed MUA. I had physiotherapy, but never let anyone hurt me. I was never a member of ODIC. There was a theory that it might have been due to excess scar tissue, but nothing conclusive. It remains a mystery. This just goes to show that we really are all different, and that it takes as long as it takes. So dear Reader, if you are worried that you are in the slow lane. Please, please do not despair . I am proof positive that the `give it time' philosophy really does work. Thanks BS. Wouldn't have liked to have done it alone. Carol
 
I am so happy you are back

Hi Diana, thanks for the welcome home. I sat down to write to you last night but we had the mother of all storms and my hub went down. Anyways here I am, all in one piece, back from sunny Spain. I had a great holiday and as you now know my knee was as good as gold. I felt like pinning a medal on it.

It made me wonder whether I've been a little bit over-protective of my knee and that faced with a challenge it responded well rather than got all cranky. I don't know and don't care either. It was good and I am in heaven ie, the Promised Land. Since I've been back whenever I get a twinge or a bit of extra stiffness I don't bother. I just think to myself it'll be fine in a while, and it is.

On holiday I was aware that I had changed quite a bit. I was in Benidorm 4 years ago. Then I was up for everything. But not anymore. I don't mean this in a negative way. I was happy to have a quiet drink in the evenings and one night I even watched tv - Downton Abbey. I got talking to a couple who winter in Florida every year. They recommended The Villages. I've since googled it and I have to say the accommodation looks good. I'll have to ask around and see if anyone has first hand experience. My main concern is that one of the things I liked best about Spain (Benidorm) was that there is a fantastic promenade that goes on for miles. It was lovely in the warm evenings walking by the sea. Not sure Florida lends itself to that????

Your time of year must be setting in now. It certainly feels like autumn/christmas is on the way in England. I thought about you several times on holiday - daft little things would remind me of something you'd said. My sister kept saying `what you smiling at?'. I didn't enlighten her - in jokes don't travel. xx

ps: a HEALTHY ego is a good thing :wink:
 
@turtle68 Hi Dorothy, You were right. I had no problems flying etc. Very pleased with myself Are you in California right now? Do give me a full report. I am looking for somewhere to spend about 6 weeks . That's too long a time to spend in a hotel bedroom, so I'm on the look out for a static home or bungalow. Hope you are well. H&Bs.
 
How lovely to read your post Carol. I hope you won't abandon Bonesmart now as we love your banter and humour.
Florida sounds good, a Bonesmart reunion :heehee: how good would that be?
Well done for making it to The Promised Land.
Sue
x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom