TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carol, Vegas can be cold in Dec. January. Check out Newport Beach Ca. Lots of action there. You could stay in a lovely cottage on Balboa Island, take the ferry over to the Peninsula and walk miles on the Boardwalk. Google Laguna Beach also. These are my old stomping grounds. We're in California right now and loving it. I'd move back if I won the lottery. I think you mentioned once that you wanted to go to CA, and if you wanted you could hop over to Vegas. It's less than an hours flight. Just saying. H&B Dorothy
 
Hi Dorothy, good to hear from you. In California no less. Wow. I've made a note of the places you mention and will check them out. Much appreciate it. I been looking at Croatia (Split), but decided against it. Is the `Boardwalk' you mention the same one as in Boardwalk Empire?

I hope you are continuing to practice your shimmy. xx
 
No Boardwalk Empire takes place in Atlantic City on the Atlantic Ocean. Newport Beach is in Orange County, CA where we lived for many years. We haven't been to CA for 2 years so really appreciating it. So much to see and do and the weather is wonderful. Dinner at our friends yacht club tonight.
 
Dinner at our friends yacht club tonight.

No I am not jealous. No I am not jealous. What a great place to have lived. I started my google research last night. Everything I've seen about Newport Beach fits the bill, except I don't know if we'd be able to afford it. Some of the cottages on Balboa Island were coming in at £300 per night. That would be £9,000 for the month plus flights, restaurants etc. But I've just started looking so might be able to do better. Shortening the stay would be another option.

Dorothy, now you can add holiday advisor to your CV <grin>. What's the best time of year to visit CA? I like daytime temperatures around the 70F mark with warm evenings. Mike still favours going to Spain, but I think that might have more to do with the cost than anything else.
 
Year round is okay but it almost always cools down at night. Very few balmy nights here. There's an extreme drought going on right now but if there's any rain at all, it's in the winter and usually lasts just a few days. I think the average year round temperature is around 70F. And yes it is very expensive here. We looked at some model homes yesterday and they started in the "low millions". Homes comparable to ours in Texas in over 55 area are in high 800.000's to 1 million. Unbelievable. I'm going to try and post a picture of Jim and I at beach the day we arrived,
 
@patient 99
I am getting my yard ready for fall... I will post the front deck tomorrow....
[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
 
Hi D I love getting pictures. This is a picture of the back of your house ? What does `getting your yard ready' involve? For me I am knee deep in leaves. I wish they'd invent something that made leaf collection a bit easier. At present I do it all with a leaf rake. I've cleared a fairly large area of my garden and put in some ornamental grasses, but its really too late in the year to do more planting. So that's a job for spring.

I am buying a second hand smart phone from a friend of mine. I get it tomorrow. So I will be learning how to use it for the next few weeks. The crazy thing is that I'm not sure why I'm getting it. I don't plan to do much with it other than make phone calls, which I can do perfectly well on my existing dumb phone. But I thought much the same when I was buying my laptop and I'm never off that now. So maybe long term its not such a daft thing to do. Can't wait for the day they make a robot that will clean the shower and do my every bidding (Ms already got one of course. Its called Carol)
 
We went out for lunch today. We ate at 1.30. Now I am starving, but I'll feel like a little piggy if I go raiding the fridge. Downton Abbey is on at 9pm. That will take my mind off food - may be.
 
I've got a home made curry in the fridge. Yum, yum. It is calling to me `Carol, come and eat me. I am delicious and hardly any calories. D. what would you do?
 
@patient 99
This is a picture of half the Front of the house. Getting my yard ready involves, Raking,
Fertilizing, planting, cornstalks, pumpkins, Mum's. Also, for inside the house I must have
"Yankee" candles right now, I have Pumkin cinnamon roll, & Vanilla snow flake :)
I Rake my yard by hand ( for the Exercise ) 3 times a year. Like you I am surrounded by
Trees in the back yard. My next picture will be my back yard, we have a half acre.
I would gladly scrub your tubs & shower, I love deep cleaning. I just did mine Friday :yay:
Enjoy your Sunday,
Love You Much,
Diana.....P.S @tiredwife has me doing pictures now, but they don't move :shrug:
[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
 
Wow! You have been busy. I'm 14 weeks post op and am finally getting the message that REST is part of the recovery. I've managed to damage the ligament on the inner side below my knee by exercising too hard.
I'm not patient and usually very busy so slowing right down and actually resting isn't me. I guess those of us who are suitable candidates for knee ops are positive thinkers and active people apparently. This tortoise life is hard but I AM getting there. Why don't you join our club? You WILL get there too.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@patient 99
Good Morning Cuteness :wave:
What are you doing up at 1:30 A.M ? I am Thinking of you Today :friends:Have a great Day :SUNsmile:
Rainy & Windy here today.
Love You the Mostest,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
What are you doing up at 1:30 A.M

Hi Diana
Now is this weird or what??? I was up at 1.30am but I wasn't on my laptop. Is having a 6th sense another of your many talents? These days I seem to get a new malady every week. The latest, the one that had me up at 1.30am, goes like this. I wake up with pains in my back (around my shoulders). It feels like wind. I have to get up, walk about, and generally move my body around as much as possible. After an hour or so it goes. It seems lying very still in bed brings it on, whereas if I have a wrestles night I'm fine. Just getting old I guess.

Yesterday we went to a chinese supermarket on the outskirts of London. Its an Aladdin's cave of a place. So guess what's for dinner tonight? No,not chicken feet (a step too far for me). King prawn stir fry with noodles.

Diana, I think I am twittering on a bit. I mean who really cares what I'm having for dinner tonight. Trouble is life's a bit quiet and that's the best I've got. I've just had an idea. I could make stuff up. What would you prefer? To hear about the day to day yawn stuff or something a lot more exciting, but pure fantasy? xx
 
Hi Carol,
We had chicken feet at Dim Sum one time, it shall remain one time. The stir fry with noodles sounds much better!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom