A question about stairs. In PT, i learned to do stairs good leg up first, then bad and the reverse for going down. I‘m trying to do stairs every day as part of my adl. I don‘t have any stairs inside, but there are plenty at my apartment complex. The weather‘s nice, too.
Going up, i can do foot over foot slowly for a few stairs. Going down, my left leg is not strong enough to go down second and I realize that i‘ve been doing this subsconsciously for over a year. So in both cases my right leg bends more. And it‘s probably stronger. I suppose I need to somehow strengthen my left leg (the current bad leg/operated leg), so that once I have my right leg operated on in July, the left leg becomes the good leg.
So just do stairs as I can and walk? Try to work in foot over foot when i can?
I‘m noticing more and more that my right leg hurts all the time, but my left does not. Still the muscles in my right leg are probably stronger/have not been subjected to operative trauma.
Thanks for any ideas, etc.