Guest viewing is limited

TKR Donna' s Recovery

A little bit more sleep last night. Woke with some pain but I usually do in the morning. I miss work so much! I love my job and co workers so this is hard. I see OS Monday but I'm 100% sure he will not let me go back yet and I know I'm not ready so I'm not going to push it. Hoping I can go back at 10 weeks. My poor fiance has had his hands full with me but he just smiles, never gets upset or impatient and just keeps going to make sure I'm okay and have everything I need. I'm so grateful for his never ending positive support. I always express my gratitude no matter how small something is he did for me. He has really stepped up and ran the household. All the shopping, cleaning, laundry, meal preps when I am not up to it, taking care of our fur baby and he works as well. Not everyone has such support. Things aren't perfect with this journey this morning but I'm counting my blessings!! Hope all you wonderful people are well today.
 
@donnag1108 how wonderful that you have someone supporting you that way. It truly does make it so much easier. I was blessed with a hubby who took on every little thing so I could just recover and to date he still fusses! Lol

It’s hard when you love your work and coworkers but they would rather have you back when you are in a better state I bet. Think of it as a vacation without using up your vac days! Lol
 
I feel like I was fairly active yesterday can someone let me know if it appears to be much at my stage? I know we are different but I have gotten into trouble over doing it before. I value your opinions! I don't seem to have any lasting effects today but did wake up with a little more morning pain then usual.
1. Vaccumed my home, which isn't too big.
2. Cleaned my refrigerator out and washed up all emptied dishes.
3. Went outdoors for two short walks, 10 minutes or less.
4. Made dinner.
5. Did not do laundry but folded it and put most of it away.
6. A few gentle stretches at home.
I so wanted to go to wal mart in the evening just to get out but I was just too tired.
I was completely exhausted at the end of the day! Today is more restful but I wanted to get to the grocery store for a few items, not sure if I should leave that out today.
 
My husband wouldn’t let me vacuum for months! :roseshwr:

I wouldn’t go to the grocery store today after that full day yesterday.
 
Hey! That is a lot!! I find vacuuming kills me with the constant weight shifting. Was nice you tested your limits but today now is YOU time!!
 
Thanks guys! I thought too much too! @Celle thanks for the reminder for the activity chart, I always forget we have that tool!
 
@Jockette thank you for the guidance! I am always walking a fine line of should I do this or that yet. Trial and error but after over doing it early on and really paying the price in pain I am trying to be more careful!
 
I once commented that I was afraid I was babying my knee too much, and Josephine replied to me that you cannot baby the knee too much.

My husband and I are retired, so no place we HAVE to go, we’re both pretty laid back these days, and neither of us are houseworkaholics, so no big deal if something doesn’t get done!
 
I feel like I was fairly active yesterday can someone let me know if it appears to be much at my stage
YES, that's way too much! I went by the activity schedule pretty closely. My house got dirty, my laundry piled up, and I ate precooked meals! But, I had less swelling and better pain control.
 
Dozed off for a short time, less then an hour buy still grateful for any sleep right now. I've noticed I'm having the craziest and very vivid dreams. Maybe the meds?
 
I bet it is the meds bringing on those crazy dreams. Any sleep you get is good sleep!
 
I had weird dreams, too, but it was well after I stopped the prescription ones.
 
Haven't posted in a few days have been so depressed. Feeling a bit better today. Saw my OS and ROM is 105/0 so he was pretty happy with that and I am too. Trying to shake this depression and count my blessings.
 
@donnag1108

Sorry you’ve been feeling depressed. I know what you mean.

There are all of the physical/body/healing changes happening, and then there’s the other stuff.

There comes a time when the joint replacement isn’t exactly brand new, but it’s far from healed.

So what hits me is the day-to-day slog of tiny improvements until it’s totally healed.

It can be a very blah time, medically speaking, and that blah-ness can ooze into other parts of life too.
 
I shed many a tear after this surgery. Frustration, impatience, and depression are all part of this recovery. Try to celebrate each little baby step of successes that you have. They add up!
 
Thank you all for the encouraging words. Sleep really would not come last night but I am in a much better frame of mind today thank goodness. My fiance is so supportive and encouraging. I think this recovery is as hard for him as it is me. He's a trooper though, always in a good mood and positive about things. I really need that right now and this forum is such a wonderful place to share and just whine if needed. Today is a new day .
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom