TKR Donna' s Recovery

I'm in the same boat at home, always have something to hold onto but I would definitely not go out without it at this stage. The incidence of the feeling of my knee going out is decreasing but it's still around.
 
Today by far has been my best day although I have been extremely tired all day so I didn't fight it, just slept when I wanted. No soreness or swelling really from yesterday's PT. I was hurting when I woke up this morning but I don't know if that was from PT or just my normal morning pain I have every day, though it did seem to be a little more intense this time. I have not used my walker at all inside, only when I ventured outside for a short walk. All in all so far a very good day. Hope every one else is doing well today.
 
Today by far has been my best day although I have been extremely tired all day so I didn't fight it, just slept when I wanted.
Yay to both your best day and sleeping when you need it! Very smart recovery!
 
Had the hardest time falling asleep finally dozed off and woke up in surprisingly harsh pain. Another hour before I can take my meds. After such a good day this recovery never stops surprising me. Ugghh..
 
:shrug: I was looking for a roller coaster emoji. Think we really need it.
 
To spite doing very little the last couple days I am completely exhausted today. There really is no rhyme or reason to the fatique with this. Feel great one minute and completely worn out the next.
 
There really is no rhyme or reason to the fatique with this. Feel great one minute and completely worn out the next.
That's the Energy drain for TKRs
Almost all your energy is being directed towards healing your knee and there's very little left for anything else. so you do one small thing and you feel exhausted. That's logical, really.
 
I hated this recovery. I'd feel good one day, then the next day or two hurt like crazy. I'd rack my brain trying to figure out what I had done to anger my knee, and many times there was no answer. Even now I can have those days.
 
Got more sleep last night. Was exhausted all day yesterday so I hope to have a little more energy today. I've only had to take one pain pill in 24 hours along with tylenol so that's progress. I am on the fence about refilling my pain meds one last time later this week. While I don't want to be on them I really don't want to be without him and have the serious pin hit. I've done that and it wasn't fun. Sleep I am learning no matter how little makes a huge difference both mentally and physically. Another day on this journey.
 
@donnag1108

So glad to hear you were able to sleep more last night - it can make all the difference.

I know what you mean about the meds. I see my OS on Thursday and think I’ll ask for one more refill, just in case.

Hope your day goes well and that you sleep well tonight too!
 
Thank you! Seems the hardest decision I have made since surgery is more meds or no meds? Haha!
 
Maybe just ask for one more lot just in case. You don't have to use them but you never know with this recovery !
 
I am on the fence about refilling my pain meds one last time later this week.
I think you should go ahead and get a refill just in case you need it. It's better to have them on hand and not need them, than need them and not have them!
 
@sistersinhim I agree! It's a miserable experience to be in that kind of pain and not have them. I will call OS on Thursday. They are really responsive and usually have it filled in a few hours.
 
@donnag1108 , Sounds like your recovery is starting to gain traction. It seems everyone goes through the same, good one day, not the next. I experienced the same thing. The good news is, you get more and more good days!!:dancy: Slow and steady is the best approach.
Good Luck!!!
 
@Rick951 needed to hear that today thank you! I am having one of the off days Not really in much pain thank goodness just overall miserable. I know it will pass. I have to continuously remind myself it's only been 4 weeks today. Seems so much longer! When my Dr suggested 12 weeks to return to work I balked at the idea. I can now see it just may take that long. I think my problem today is mostly energy drain. Baby steps... Glad to have you all here that understand and so grateful for my amazing OS and his wonderful staff
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom