Guest viewing is limited

THR DONE!

@Bone-obo I can't post art here, but under Community tab is Social Room and there is a thread “Artists Among Us” where you can see my watercolor paintings. Thanks for asking!

Heading out to lunch with a girlfriend! Yeahhhhh!
 
Happy Friday @Thesoutherncook
Hope lunch is / was fun.
Gotta run, want to check out your artistic talent in the Artists Among Us area.
Hope you have a great weekend!
 
Absolutely beautiful! You are talented indeed!
I'll bet it's a relaxing recovery project also.
So pretty!
 
@Layla Thanks for your kind words! I do enjoy watercolor and it is relaxing! It does take a while for creative juices to get flowing again! I went downstairs yesterday and puttered around.

Lunch out was fun! Nice to get OUT and visit with one of my dear friends! Tomorrow I will venture out alone!

I have a friend who had THR with my OS 2 yrs ago. She was on the golf course in 6 wks. She says I can do the same...amazing since I've NEVER played golf! :rofsign:

Have a great weekend!
 
Oh, @Thesoutherncook
Your floral painting is so beautifully delicate just like the real flowers!
Gorgeous...:flwrysmile:
I'm a puttering part time artist, but watercolors are so daunting!
Hope your recovery is still on track.
Have a great day!
 
Hi :hi:
I'll bet you do holiday watercolors too? You'll have to post some if you do.
Would love to see that....such lovely work!

I hope you had a successful venture out yesterday. Getting back into life is such a great feeling.
Wishing you a beautiful Sunday! :SUNsmile:
@Thesoutherncook
 
@Layla
I believe she's got a beautiful holiday one in the social room posted at Christmas time?
Gorgeous!
 
Really nice work, Helen - love the detail!

Good on ya for having an outing - they always make ya feel more like a regular human being instead of an invalid.
 
Today I put on my socks and sneakers and tied them!
Hey, how did I miss this? You may not know this, but I have a list of Super Powers that can't be done by mortals like me - yet - and this is very high on the list! What other super powers have you developed?!? Can you squat down to pick up a piece of paper and stand back up - without help?! Can you step over a baby gate without tripping? Can you sidle through a crowded row at the theater to get to a middle seat!? Can you shoot death rays from your eyes and lift objects with your mind?!?!! Super powers, and all equally possible for me at this point!
 
Hi @Thesoutherncook

It is a special day today....HAPPY ONE MONTH ANNIVERSARY!
Hope you're right where you want to be.
Hope today is good.
Hope the weekend is even better.
Sending love, hugs and a flower :flwrysmile:
 
@Bone-obo Oh, yes! I have Super Powers galore...I can bend down and scoop up millipedes that have invaded our house, bend to load the dishwasher, walk sideways between church pews and leap tall building in a bound! :loll:

Thanks, @Layla! :SUNsmile:
Here's my 4 wk report: I'm walking without a cane, drove myself to hair appt, grocery store, office supply and produce mrkt yesterday, baked cookies for our UPS guy the day before and doing most of the meal prep. DH has kitchen cleanup duty! The energy drains are farther apart. The only soreness is on the outside of my thigh. I suspect muscle, soft tissue and/or internal bruising. Tylenol takes care of it. Today We start a 4 wk genealogy class at the local college (3-5pm) and I will take my cushion as sitting on hard chairs is uncomfortable.
I tried sleeping on my op side. Not happening yet. I have been downstairs, but not even tried foot over foot yet.
It will all come eventually. Having 2 TKR taught me the need for patience!
 
Hello! Best wishes for a fast recovery!

I'm kinda envious of you -- my doctor didn't give my any opiods for my second hip -- only Tramadol and Tylenol. Use a housecoat or other belt to lift your leg -- that is what I did after all my surgeries.

And when you are released for outpatient physical therapy, look for aquatic! I am SO SO happy that I discovered that. I truly believe it is easier and way less painful than "land based" -- although you will do some of both eventually. You are exercising your legs just by swishing it through the water -- and you can also do some upper body too. I did not do formal PT following my right THR as I was laid off --again -- and I wanted to save money. I had all the exercises from the first time around though and got back in the pool as soon as the incision healed. I could walk for 30 minutes/ half a mile in the pool before I was off my walker and I am now doing 1-2 miles in the pool. Starting to alternate with a couple laps of regular swimming and will continue to swim more and walk less.

Anyway, best wishes for your continued recovery!
 
:egypdance:onward and upward, @Thesoutherncook .
Wonderful to see you ate doing so well.
Hope you have a great weekend!:SUNsmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom