Guest viewing is limited

THR DONE!

I've heard the danger lies within the drain tubes. They sanitize the basins but germs get trapped in the drain tubes. Like back wash. Ugh!

I think some OS's are okay with salon pedi's and others aren't. I had a salon pedi once, heard what I described above and never returned. Especially now, after THR. Accidental little snip of the skin, an opening for some nasty little germ to enter. Don't want an infection, thank you anyway.

If I was desperate. I'd bring my own foot basin, manicure tools and polish. Don't want to scare people but I'll
play Debbie Downer if it saves one person.

Hope you're having a good day and wishing you a peaceful evening.
@AnnieRose2
 
I'm jealous....it NEVER rains in Southern California....(hey isn't that a song : )
I'm thinking of you and sending a really smooth, grovin' song for you today:
"Angel" by Jonathan Wilson...his live performance at Vieilles Charrues Festival in France is amazing! AND he's from N. Carolina : )
Happy Listening ~
 
Last edited:
I never thought to ask my OS about pedicure. I had a mini pedicure (with compression cuffs, I skipped the water) 3 days after my first THR - NOT the most comfortable pedi! Didn't repeat that experience after the 2nd THR - did the mani/pedi just before surgery so that I wouldn't be due back until a few weeks after surgery. MUCH better experience!
 
I agree about the group pedi salons. I would not go there. It would be better to pay a bit more and find an independent manicurist who uses an individual foot tub with fresh water and fresh sterilized tools for each patron. They might be found in beauty salons, boutique stores, or even some podiatrist offices. I'm lucky to have had the same one for 30 years who works within a beauty salon.
 
I actually just thought of another song for you :idea:~
"Time to say Goodbye" by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman : )
I'm envisioning that you're already in Rome eating a fabulous pasta dish and drinking amazing Vino....with this song playing in the Piazza : )
Big Hugs~
 
I've got one for you.. Blackberry Smoke “Ain't Much Left of Me!” (We were on a flight from Amsterdam to ATL with these guys. Sweetest bunch of guys! They all hugged me in ATL and said goodbye! )
Lol! This song says how I've felt the past 2 weeks!

I saw Andrea Bocelli live in concert! He was fabulous!

And this connects to THR recovery because I am sooooo ready to be able to enjoy things like this again...pain free!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've got one for you.. Blackberry Smoke “Ain't Much Left of Me!” (We were on a flight from Amsterdam to ATL with these guys. Sweetest bunch of guys! They all hugged me in ATL and said goodbye! )
Lol! This song says how I've felt the past 2 weeks!

I saw Andrea Bocelli live in concert! He was fabulous!

And this connects to THR recovery because I am sooooo ready to be able to enjoy things lime this again...pain free!
What's not to love....good old Georgia Boys : ) and they do one of my favorite songs "Into the Mystic":roseshwr:
It's so awesome when you meet artists and they're nice : )
Sorry you've been feelin' like that...but I Know "you're still holding on"...and you'll be back to running around the World again SOON!
Thank you for sending...didn't know them and now I do YAY!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well.....had to send you this one~
"No Hard Feelings" by the fabulous Avett Brothers ~ that song kills me...it's sooooo beautiful! AND of course they're from N. Carolina too hmmmmm what kind of water are you all drinkin' there????
Sending healing vibes to you one song at a time ~
 
Hi you Sweet Lil Cupcake!
That cupcake does look yummy. It just gave me an idea of something I can do with my granddaughter.
Pretty pink cupcakes with sprinkles.
Hope you're having a nice day.
Wishing you a great weekend!
@Thesoutherncook
 
I have a little song for you today ~
"Good Morning Starshine" by Oliver : )
An "Oldie" but a Goodie ~
Hope you have an awesome day!
Sending positive healing vibes to you ~
Big Hugs
 
Great choice! At first glance, I thought you were calling ME an oldie but goodie! :rotfl:
Happy Friday to you!

I'm working on lengthening my stride and doing gentle stretches today. Might even venture out to the grocery store with DH. It has a Starbucks inside where I can wait on him and people watch.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great choice! At first glance, I thought you were calling ME an oldie but goodie! :rotfl:
Happy Friday to you!

Hey Chef ~
"OLD"?....YOU?.....NEVER!!!.... "a goodie" ~ definitely : )
I refuse to get "old"....it's a state of mind in my opinion ~
Being "young at heart" is the key : )
Hope you have a fun outing today ~
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday afternoon I went to the grocery store with DH. I took the 1/4 of the list that was in the produce section and he took the rest. When I finished my shopping, I sat in Starbucks’ seating area ( realizing I was DONE and tired! ) and waited on him. It was good to get out of the house. My hip/leg did not hurt, but oh boy did I give OUT! I came home, iced, elevated and took a 2hr nap! Energy drain following surgery is very real and to be expected!
 
It really will take it out of of you...just a little doing!

Glad today was an easier day.:tada:
 
Hurrrahhhhh! :yay: I drove today! I knew I would be fine, but DH had to check me out! Whew! Now, I can get out when I want to! I also went downstairs (13 steps) to my basement art studio! :yes!:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom