Guest viewing is limited

THR DONE!

:happydance::dancy::happydance:
Glad to hear! Great job...hope your day is sweet!
 
Happy Five Week Anniversary! And....Happy Anniversary to your knees too.
You really are DONE! Please don't be DONE with us quite yet....we'd miss you :bawl:
Hope today is a good one!
@Thesoutherncook
 
Holy moly, Princess Cupcake! If there's not some kind of celebration or event scheduled, make one happen now now now! This is big stuff!
 
Congratulations @Thesoutherncook!! You're the one who inspired me with your shoe tying -I'm five point five weeks out now, and I gave it a try the next day. Was surprised to find I actually could reach down there. I'm still behind on walk distances due to the refusednik right leg with arthritic hip, jealous I picked leftie to go first I guess so she's in rebellion mode. But otherwise feeling pretty good --so happy to see all your progress!! Cupcake Party time! :egypdance:
 
I rode my stationary recumbent bike today! Yeahhh! Yesterday I vacuumed for 2 hrs ( we have an invasion of millipedes in our finished basement!) Today we had lunch with friends. He is having THR in Sept, so I passed along my orthopedic equipment! Sooooo happy to share! :cheers:
 
Great progress! Keep it up.
Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week, Cupcake!
That cupcake is a work of art with its little matching baking cup. So pretty.
Your recovery is going well and getting those assistive devices out of sight is worth a celebration!
@Thesoutherncook
 
6 weeks flew by on Tuesday! Not much new to report, but I remain amazed at how fast this recovery is progressing! Yes, I still get tired, but have very minor pain. I've not been very active for the past 4 years, nursing one joint or another, and have a long way to go to get back into “shape” - whatever that looks like at 67 yrs old! :snork: Next week I have my “6 week” appt with the OS's PA. I'm expecting a good report!

To all of you starting this journey, take heart! It WILL get better quickly! :running:
 
Yay :yay: for 6 weeks.
You're doing so well! I'm happy it feels like Recovery is sailing on by.
Wishing you a great visit with the PA next week and a wonderful finish to the week.
We're experiencing one day of Fall here for a change. It will struggle to hit 70 today and I'm excited to get out and enjoy it. I hope you have a great day!
@Thesoutherncook
 
Cool beans, Helen! Next time I'm in your part of the state, let's get together for a hike! (Or at least a walk - let's take that new hardware out for a spin!)

Jealous of you, @Layla - still in the 90's and humid here. Waaaah.
 
[Bonesmart.org] DONE!


@Bone-obo ...When you get over this way, we'll hike at Fires Creek. DH will take you fly fishing if you're interested! A great workout for hips ( and knees! ). 59 here this am!
 
@Bone-obo You can just stick your feet in the cool water! Fishing not required! However, DH does catch and release. :realing:

Lest I sound as though this recovery has been trouble free, I will whine a bit today....
I'm so DONE with swelling! It feels like a sweet potato attached to my upper thigh just below the incision. Yes, of course, icing and elevating helps it subside somewhat. OK. Whine over. :bored:
 
I'm so impressed and inspired by your recovery, I'm still trying to get to the foot on my op leg and I'm a couple e of weeks ahead of you, i'll keep trying. Thanks for sharing.
 
Swelling is an annoyance for sure but your recovery has been a good one in my opinion.
What a pretty photo of the creek you posted above. You can hear the sounds of nature just looking at it.
I hope you have a nice weekend!
@Thesoutherncook
 
Hope today is a good day...just not swell!:SUNsmile:
 
We had a looong day ( 2 hr drive down and 2 hr back in rain coming home over the mtn! )
I saw a new PA in the OS practice. To my delight, she was NOT 12 yrs old! She was closer to my age with years of experience. She was totally blown away with my ROM! The x-rays looked great with everything sitting just where it should be. We looked at hip #2 and decided it does have a small bone spur and some arthritis but we will let the OS take a look at my Nov. appt. Of course, I told her of my travel plans that do NOT include another surgery before either trip! :heehee: She thinks I have an IT band issue with hip #2. So, I will do the stretches and pop in to for an informal visit with my wonderful PT guy!

Yes, we also did some retail therapy and I am no worse for the wear! It was a good day! And now, I am elevating and icing a tired hip!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom