Guest viewing is limited

Doing Right This Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tasha, just a thought but as you sew already, could you not take an embroidery project in with you, I guess this is something you could do sitting in bed, or in a chair, and at the end of the day would have a lovely picture or something similar to remember your time recovering from this TKR.

I used to do a lot, and have several framed embroidered pictures, each one with its own memory.

Hope you get a date soon and your return to good health can start. xx:friends:
 
Tashia,
Hope you get your cancer medications under control. You are right to wait to get a pet until your surgery is over and you have recovered. The recreation director at the nursing home should be able to come up with something for you to do.
Hope you got some :sleepz:
 
Arthea and punkin, The last couple of days have been real ruff. My pain has returned and I went to my GP. He took test and all is well there. Now for the Cancer and the pain. For some reason my feet are just terrible. My doctor thinks that I am walking wrong and in turn got my feet angry. I hope is his right. I just want things to be normal again. I know everyone has ruff roads but it would be nice to have a smooth one for a while. Haven't heard from anyone yet. Waiting is so tiring. I guess I need to ask has anyone had trouble with the top of the foot instead of the botton. The top is so sore I feel like crawling. Maybe one of the nurses might help. I need to find something to ease the pain. I don't how to tag someone. I tried and it didn't work. Tashai:cry:@Josephine: @Jamie:
 
Tashia, I tagged Jo and Jamie to see if they might have some input on your foot problems. Are you taking your pain meds still? Hope you feel better soon!
 
Tashia, i get instep pain on the top of my foot. I don't know what causes it, but wearing a good orthotic insole, as an insert, or as a shoe design, for over pronation or flat feet, solves it for me. This is especially important for my slippers, as the bulk of my time is spent in the house. I never go barefoot.
 
Janet is right. Any time you have foot issues like you are describing, it usually originates from poor alignment in the way you are walking. Orthotics can really help. But....you also need to get to the bottom of WHY you are walking improperly.

You might suggest that your GP order a few sessions with a therapist so that you can be evaluated for your gait. Sometimes you can relieve the pain with some training on the proper walking motion. But if all else fails, you may need to see an orthopedist who specializes in foot problems.
 
Thanks Jamie, My foot trouble is overwheming me to say the least. I have decided not to post for a while until I get this under control. I will still drop in and read posts and visit. I have lots of doctor appointments with my feet and knee so will talk to you later. No one wants to hear about feet problems too. Everyone take care and stay safe.. Tashia.
 
Well......it's not completely true that no one wants to hear about problems other than knees and hips. You're a BoneSmartie, Tashia, and we care about ALL of you!!!! But it's fine to step back for a while. Do what makes YOU mist comfortable. We'll be here whenever you need us or are ready to return to help others with your bright and supportive posts!
 
Hi Tashia. So sorry you need time out, but completely understandable. Hope you change your mind though, we will miss your posts, but if you don't will be watching and waiting to hear the next instalment on your recovery. Hope the pain goes away soon. Love to you xxx:friends:
 
Aretha, I find that I am facing a fear that I have been fighting for a long time and now it has to be faced. I don't think that hear is the place to discuss the problem. In every life we have private battles that I believe should be keep just with the person. I do come and check to see how everyone is doing. I can say I still don't have time for my surgrey for knee yet. Keep me in your prayer. Everyone take care. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Hi Tashia, just checking in on your thread. So sorry you are battling this foot pain! Please do not ever feel like we don't want to hear from you. We certainly do! Your contribution to this site has been very welcome.
I hope you are feeling a bit better and come back soon! :friends:
 
Tashia, may God bless you in whatever difficulties and fears you are facing. Perhaps another support group is available to help you through these other things. Know that we are here and care, do not hesitate to come back. :friends:
 
Tasha,
Sorry to hear about you foot pain, I have foot pain too. It is very stubborn and frustrating to deal with. Good luck with all of your challenges.
 
Tashia,
I really feel for you. You have it tough, and I hope all your health issues will get ironed out. We all love reading your posts. Take care and God bless you.
 
We undertand Tashia, just miss your posts, but hope you find solutions for whatever problems you have, and come back soon. xx:friends:
 
I want to thank all of you, it really means a lot. Sometimes in life we are given problems that don't seem to have solutions or the one we are willing to want to accept. I know this in now in my face and I can no longer say it doesn't exsist. I have been fighting this since my daughter was nine and she is now 43. Boy does time fly, doesn't seem that long ago but deep down I know it has. I could say its not fair but that isn't realistic because bad things do happen for unknow reasons. I am starting to make peace with it because I am starting to face it and do some talking about it. I just saw my knee specilist and he said that the knee needs to be done and could help things in the long run. My feet are really messed up and I doesn't look like its going to get any better. I was hoping that the pain if nothing else would get better but now I have to come to the real world and know that might not be true. In time I will be able to talk about but not right now. I do however feel that a weight has been liften off my shoulder so that is good. I no longer hiding from the problem. The knee surgrey is on, don't know when but will be this summer. The doctor wants the feet to calm down some if possible. Will keep you posted and in time hopefully be able to talk about it. Everyone please do take care and know I care about you all and wish the best. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Tashia, my heart goes out to you and I hope you are able to work through all of this. We all need someone to talk with about these major life issues. I hope you have at least one or two people in your life who can be there for you.

You know we care about you! You have been such a valuable member here on BoneSmart and you have friends all over the world. Lean on any of us if you need to!!! Post when you can....we'll always be here for you.
 
You are my voice of reason and calmness on my thread. Thank you for that! I'm going to need even more of that this weekend as I get ready to go under the knife. But I do understand if you need some down time. Feel better and I hope that your pain in minimal and your smiles plentiful!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom