Doing Right This Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
1ELISEA, You will do fine. Just remember for a while you are going to be tender and no dough feeling being pick on but it will pass. Remember ice, elevate, pain control and most of know this will pass. Please keep us posted so I know you are ok. I'll be thinking of you and send good vibes your way. take care and Relax and don't forget when you feel nerves, Take a deep breath and tell yourself, all is well and i will be ok. Talk you after the surgrey .:doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
I want to thank you all for the surport. It makes it so much easier when you know you have such great people in your corner. Will talk later. Everyone take care and be safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Hi Tashia, just checking in to see how you are doing. Just a reminder - we are here for you no matter what issues you want to talk about. You are now part of our BoneSmart family and we care about you.

Hope you are getting some much deserved rest. Speak soon!
 
Thank you so much, I am finally coming at peace with it all. I saw the cancer doctor today and he adjusted my medicane and it should help me greatly and will help me with my axinety. all the tests are so great that he has used the words that I have beat it. Cancer free. He also something I hadn't thought about and that was if they thought you still had cancer no way would the doctor allow all the surgrey to be done. I have to admit it did put a different way of looking at things. So now it would be nice to have the time. Well today i do feel closer to the surgrey and I can say all is well. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Tashia - that is great news! You must be so relieved. Hopefully you can now move forward now and get the surgery over and done with. :flowerysmile:
 
Tasha, great news! I hope you get a surgery date soon then you can be on the healing side all the way around!:thumb: Life does tend to throw us curve balls every now and then, that's why we have friends to help us get through the difficult times! You are a great inspiration to many people, so it stands to reason why no one wants to see you go through hard times alone! We're all here for you as you are for us!:friends: Being cancer free is absolutely fantastic, it must be a great relief on your mind!
Please have a safe and happy weekend!:thumb:
 
Thanks for all the surport. I really need it. I have always God has a sense of humor. I notice I had a message on my phone so i thought good a time and date has been set. Instead it was from a doctor office for someone I don't know changling his surgrey. I pantice did they cancel mine instead of his? I don't know when I have panic so, After many tears and phone call, I found out it had been a mistake and the operation is still on but time and date is still not be given out. I am afraid I don't see any humor in this one bit. I was told when you get lemons you are to make lemonadge. sp. sorry but all i could think of starting to throwing at the anyone coming within my range. Now all is well, however the man who cancled his operation didn't get the right news. I gave them what i knew because only first names were given. All i care about is my operation is on however it would be nice to know time because i really want to be there on time. :th_heehee:Trying to calm down from the mistake. I need to have a sign put on me saying warning at this point of time and place this person has no sense of hummor. No jokes, or a lemon will be coming your way. ( Just kidding )but I am nervos enough about this operation than something like this happening. Well now all is well again. I hope all are having a safe and remembering those who love their country so much they were will to give everything. Hope everyone had a good weekend and do take care. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Today is a better day than the last ones. I find that my feet are really making walking a true pain. Many years ago I had a accident and it cost me greatly. I was told that I would never walk again. After six years of fighting I finally was able to walk. I thought that battle was over. Many times we think something is finished but we find it itn't. I have been to the foot doctor he told me that the feet would have to be broken and hopefully that would be it. But no promises. The decision was made that I would have the knees and hips done first so they would stop rubbing bone on bone. to say the least the thought of not walking really scares me. I don't want to be seen as a cripple or helpless. The fear of losing my freedom is no dought the main fear. I know you can still drive but I want to live by myself and be able to travel like I use to. Of course then I thought maybe this would qualify me for a dog companion. I am really trying to see the good side and I am really having a problem with it. I'm so tired of problems, Of couse , someone asked me if I had to do it all over with would I go to work that day of the accident and I said of course someone was in trouble and it would be wrong not to help. so I would be in this mess anyway. The good news is the person I helped came out great. Was not hurt except for pride. thank God for that. Everyone take care and please stay safe. Maybe we should have a day of being greatfull what we have! Mine would be to belong to this site and have friends all around the world. What would yours be? :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Ah Tashia, you are such an inspiration and always encouraging.

Hindsight is 20/20 but until we have that time machine up and running, dwelling on what we might have done is only that, hindsight. Otherwise, I can think of quite a few stocks I would have bought at the IPO along the years.... Apple, Google, Microsoft....
:th_heehee:

Not sure why a person would ask you a question like that, though. As for traveling, it is getting easier and easier to travel most places in a wheelchair and we BoneSmarties are a tough lot. If we have to do something, we do it.


I knew of a guy in a wheelchair who traveled, flying, all over, mostly the U.S., for work. He didn't have to but he wanted to travel and enjoyed giving presentations and working with scientists from around the world.


He would rent cars with hand controls, and when staying at a hotel, if he needed air in his wheelchair tire, he'd stop on down at the front desk, very matter of factly move himself to a chair, pop off the tire and add air to it from a compressor he'd had the maintenance person leave at the front desk. He taught us many lessons about traveling...

So what would I be grateful for? Having those brief encounters with people like the guy above, that show me courage as an everyday event. :thumb:
 
Great question Tashia! I will have a good think at work today and get back to you. It's very hard to choose one thing to be grateful for. But you are so right - we certainly should stop and think about it once in awhile.

Have a great Memorial Day Tashia!
 
Seeing that today is Memorial Day observed, I think at this moment I am most grateful to have been born in America, who for all her faults is still the greatest country on earth; and to have all the opportunities that she still affords all of us who are willing to make the effort to take advantage of what is offered.

God Bless America!
 
Judy, I've lived in six countries, and what I've learned is that I loved each one for different reasons, that there are things better done elsewhere than in the USA, that people of every nation rightly love their countries, even when faced with crisis and despair. Most people would chose to live nowhere else, and it was an honor to come to know these countries and their people from the inside. All that said, I am a proud American and glad to call the USA home!
 
Tashia, you have been through a whirlwind! Having said that, what you have experienced also molded who you are, which is a very strong, determined woman! Anyone would be blessed to be in your company!:friends:

As far as being grateful, there are soooo many things that come to mind, however the one that is at the top of the list for me right now is that I am so grateful to live at a time when technology and the medical field can fix my sadly tired knees! This is my selfish side! I try not to let it come out too often, but this one's BIG! :thumb:

Have yourself a great rest of the weekend and I hope you get you time slot call soon!:friends:
 
Jacky48, I think that everyone of this post would be grateful for the medical technology. Not only does it effect us but our love ones. We have a better life that most of us never thought of. when I started thinking about the list i realized it could go for pages. Every person on this site brings a gift. How lucky can you be to receive this so freely. I hope you have a good day. Stay safe and have a fun one. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends: For those who has lost a love you, I don't know who they were but I do they are missed.
 
Tashia, thank you for your sweet post to me on the post op side. And, yes, I am planning to stay around for quite a while and do whatever I can to help others have successful recoveries.

Take care & keep us posted. We care.
 
Hi Tashia, I said I would come back with what I am grateful for. It's being able to do normal things. For so long I had to plan each activity around pain. Today I walk in places that were once impossible. I am grateful to be able to get on with life!
 
Jaycey, Thank you so much for that. I realize that right now my pain is running my life. It has been so much worse and I was able to overcome it, I needed to be reminded it can be done again. So thank you so much from my heart and soul. Right now I feel defeated however I have had worse times, and I needed to be reminded. I know I am repeating my self but i need to hear it again and maybe again. Good news I found my other new pair of shoes that have differient inserts in them. I have nothing to lose but to try them. They did help before so why wouldn't they help again. i do have so many things to be greatful but I get on the negative road and i have so much trouble getting of it. My Cancer doctor increased my medicane and in a couple of days it will help my depression and my anxiety. He wants me to make sure he gets the update on the upcoming surgrey and when i am in the nursing home. One of the side effect on not having enough is sleeping to much so I might get a normal night sleep.:th_heehee: You are so helpful, I hope someday I could help someone like you just have helped me. Stay safe and take care. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom