Guest viewing is limited

Doing Right This Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Trainwreck you so right about pain medicane. I might have to set the alarm so that the medicane won't wear off. I need to do this for a while to get back under control. I don't like playing chech-up. Take care and stay safe. :doggieshmooze:tashia:friends:
 
Need to stay focus on the postive and remember to take the medicane on time. The sun took the swelling out of my knees and they felt so warm they are just tender. Now that's great. But I do wonder about having the knee replacment looked at before surgrey. Something not right. It is old and still hurting. When the left is done the right is going have to pick up all the work. I am concerned. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

My shoes are working again, Thank goodness. Very good day. Everyone take care and stay safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
If you think something might be wrong it probably would not hurt to get it checked out. It is better to make sure everything is fine rather than sit around and wonder if there is a problem. Good luck to you and enjoy the outdoors
 
Mary, I have been thinking about. But first I have to get my van back up and working. I do enjoy the outdoors, In fact tomarow is going to be in the 90s then cool down again. Have a good weekend yourself. take care and stay safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Today I really had to battle depression and did lots of crying. My van isn't working and I need it to finish my apartment. Also my knees have really been score. I get so tired of feeling tired because of pain and pain medicans. However was able to go sewing did start on a quilt that I have been trying to get started on. It seems to coming together nicely now. Everyone have a good weekend and a safe one. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
My knee really was a pain today. Did manage to get it under control. Wish i didn't have to wait till this summer for surgrey. Sure would like to get it done very soon. To be on the recover again would be great. but the surgen is great so now I wait. Did have to deal with depression which was a little on the scary side for a while but better now that I got to go to sewing. Was able to be mostly pain free for all the enening. still having trouble with speliing so I know things are going along as normal. got some information on a senior to senior program for dogs. The dog is a senior and so are you. mmm the dogs are labs. very interesting to say the least, I got the phone number, now I hope I didn't lose it because I was hurting so but there is always next month. The only problem I would like a younger adult dog, Eight is old, I would like around five but we will see. the dog has to be so different than my last. she lived to the age of 16 and the one before that was 18. so we will see. Everyone take care and stay safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Tashia are you getting help for the depression? It needs attention just as much as your body does . Hope you're feeling better today .:wink1:
 
Oh Tashia, no wonder you don’t like surgery with everything you have been through! So sorry you have to suffer longer waiting for surgery. :friends:

And no matter how many others have surgery, it’s different when it’s you. You’ve earned the right to say you hate surgery. Good that you have your sewing and can do something distracting and productive, while waiting. Maybe you can start a business on the side and a new trend for all knee patients. We can all send you orders for a specially sewn “knee badge of honor” we can wear proudly once we have surgery. :biggrin:

Did you get a new car? If so, what kind? Or did you get your van working? Cars, like knees, they’re such a problem, can’t live with them, can’t live without them. About a month ago I purchased a brand new car and love it!

It’s been ages, many, many years, ummmm :umm: wellll, actually over a decade plus, since I bought any car and am enjoying it thoroughly (Hate car shopping and surgery!) My new car is so much easier to get in and out of and that was a major requirement on my list of “must haves”. Plus, it has all of the gadgets I never knew I needed until now. I mean, how did I ever get by without a seat warmer?!:th_heehee:
Take care!
 
1ELISEA, I'm so glad to find someone who also hates to buy cars. When looking at cars, I realized it has been 15 years.:arghh: I drive them until something happens and its more money to fixed than to keep it. I then donate to the Cancer Society so they can get some money. :yes 4: the car I'm getting isn't going to be here for a couple of weeks so I just might get rid of the van and rent a car. At least I know it going to work when I go outside and start it. I'm getting that frustrated. :hissyfit: I know the car I want but it hasn't happened so I will wait for the annoucetmemt. (sp) I am in the process of planning a week of sewing with friends with the view of a lake. I am concered about overdoing it up there. But it would be a good to get away. My main concern is pain control while I am up there. We will see. I'm finally ready to contract the surgical nurse and ask when the date will be or get close to the time. Thanks so much for sharing that you too don't like buying cars, I wil let you know what new things the car will have that I too can't live without it.:hysterical:Hay we earned it.:yes 4:Take care and have a good week. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Randi, I have been seeing a councler for some time. I hate to wait. I was hoping that if my van got fixed I could start getting to more sewing with my buddies. And I could go for a ride and see the Spring. The weather has really gotten warm. We are surpose to cool down and get more rain. I got a name of a dog rescure place and I am very serious thinking of getting in touch with them. Things are falling in place, I just need to work on patience. I have never been good on that. Do take care of that dog. And do walking and walking. I am looking at dogs like yours. I will have to do research on that breed because i do live in an apartment. I do enjoy walking when not in pain so am looking forward to getting out of it. When my pain isn't in control, I get depressed. So I have to be careful. talk to you more later. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Tashia, a dog is a wonderful companion, and could be just the pick me up you need, giving you someone to care for, go walks with, and generally loving you back too, so as soon as you think you are ready do think seriously about getting one and I am sure this could turn your life around for you, giving you company and loyalty and asking very little in return.

Your quilting sounds wonderful and I hope you get to return to your group meetings and buddies as soon as you can.

Take care Tashia :friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Thanks Aretha, Things are starting to fall into shape I think. My new car will be here in about a month and really excited it.. I do want a dog but I need to make sure I will be able to walk it after the surgrey. This is the only problem. Spent the whole day looking doing sewing. Everyone enjoy the week but back East be careful with the snow. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Here I am with no earth shacking news, still no words about the surgrey. Would like to have a date but none to report. Still working on van. I don't know which is more frustrating the van or my left knee but time will take care of both. Everyone take care and stay safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Tashia.....I notice that you have several threads going in the recovery forum. Right now there are too many posts in all of them for me to merge them into a single thread. You know we do like to keep each members recovery saga in a single thread. It makes it easier for us to go back and look to see what has been going on when there is a problem. And....people who are following you know where to go to see how you are doing and to post messages to you.

So....I propose that you select just one of your threads to go forward. Tell me what it is and I will close the rest. I'll try and merge what I can into the one thread now. After we move to our new software, it may be possible to merge all the posts so that there is just one thread for you.
 
Put in all in the hip recovery one I guess. Most of my posts are in the hip after surgrey so thats were it should be. Tonight my stomach is really score, I wish I could find out what is causing all the problem or find the solution so I could get out of pain. Put all in hip recovery. I will start posting there only. Tashia
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

I have been posting most of my stuff on my total hip replacement recovery but I do want to share this. I just had a test to see if my Cancer has returned or am I still Cancer clean. The test came back I still am Cancer clean after over 5 years of taking on Cancer. I know this isn't about my knee but this does affect me greatly. My new shoes are working and so are my knee is doing ok also. Everyone take care and stay safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

Tashia - That's fantastic news ! Congratulations !!:yay:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

I have been posting most all my posts in the hip Recovery forums for a while but I wanted to say Hi and let people know about my great news. Hope you are well and walking your little one whenever the dog wants it. They do have a way of getting there way. Give your dog a hug for me. take care and keep up the good work. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: knee still tender after over a year because of wearing old shoes

:wow2::hapydancsmil::yahoo::hapydancsmil::yahoo: :wow2: ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom